Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
COLD CASE SPOTLIGHT: Michaela Garecht

On November 19th, 1988, 9-year-old Michaela Garecht was abducted outside of a neighborhood grocery store in Hayward, California. 26 years later, her family continues to hold out hope and search for answers.

Each year on November 19th, Michaela’s family gathers outside the grocery store where she was last seen, then called Rainbow Market, now known as Mexico Super. While the name may have changed, one thing has not: their unwavering commitment to finding out what happened to Michaela.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/cold-case-spotlight-michaela-garecht-n249641

The sheriff's office wanted the whole "well" digging to go away in my opinion, because it would probably show they didn't do their job looking into all the allegations and rumors 14 years ago. Their last dig wasn't anywhere near where Wesley told them, they come up empty, and say he is a liar, and it's done. I don't know how much influence the Shermantine family have in Linden but I'm very disappointed at how this investigation ended. I wish a coalition of families would file a class action lawsuit and put a fire under their butts.

I wish the media would start asking why no more sites have been investigated, too, and also point out that the empty well that ended the investigation was not even on Shermantine's map, IIRC.

Although for what it's worth (and I could be remembering wrong!), wasn't the decision to dig at the empty well and the decision to end the investigation the regional FBI's decision? I thought the FBI took over after the excavation screw-ups at the first well and the business about them identifying Tracy Melton's remains but not informing her family for almost a year.

I do know the FBI team was there to go through any remains that might be found, but I remember Padilla saying that the Sheriff's office was in charge of the location of the dig. He also stated that they were trying to push the cost onto the FBI, which may have made them go a long with a bad location, because if more remains were found then the outcry would have been too great to not check every well. At 350k a dig, it was just too much influence.

I'm not sure about all of them, but after reading Stalemate, I have always believed her disappearance was related to Amanda Campbell's.

I thought that by now we would have some answers and Michaela would be home. If it was Herzog then either his wife, or Wesley knows what happened to her and where she is. If it wasn't Loren then she could very much be alive.

Bumping for Michaela. It's a new year and I for one will not stop thinking about Michaela, or praying she comes home safe.

My son was killed on October 27th by a freak accident. I can't imagine losing a child and not knowing what happened to them, or the person who did it not being brought to justice. As long as this person is free, no child is safe.

I'm trying to identify the older blond next to the photos of MG. They were found among possession of Joe Nissensohn. I would appreciate in your thoughts.

Attachments

• michaelacollage.jpg
    michaelacollage.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 234
I want to see pictures of this guy when he was younger. He looks like he has a pock marked face, and still has long hair

He had pictures of Michaela and these pictures of this other woman in his belongings? What did he look like in '89?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had pictures of Michaela and these pictures of this other woman in his belongings? What did he look like in '89?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no, just the pictures of the unknown girl. Joe Nissensohn was a serial killer in California in the 1980's. Michaela would of had to mature quickly as the photos were taken in 90 or 91. Odd that the unknown and Michaela are wearing a similar shirt.

The girl in the photo on the top middle is Deanna Merryfield, missing from Killeen, TX. Deanna's sister Missie posts here on occasion, her thread is here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...X-Deanna-Merryfield-13-Killeen-22-July-1990-4

The photo of Deanna wearing the shirt similiar to Michaela's is pictured at her Charley Project profile. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/merryfield_deanna.html

I don't know who the person is in the black and white photo on the bottom, but I don't think it is Deanna or Michaela.

Do you have a link to the photo of Deanna found with the serial killer?

I'm trying to identify the older blond next to the photos of MG. They were found among possession of Joe Nissensohn. I would appreciate in your thoughts.
Those photos look like Michaela aged. Could she have been kept alive? Who is this guy? Have you reported this possibility???

You are right Cubby. My mistake. The lower picture is the unknown.

Phew, thanks. You had me worried there for a minute. I couldn't figure out how a photo of Deanna would have been missed by the investigators. I don't know the unknown possible victim, and all I could find quickly was at another forum: http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums...Joseph-Michael-NissensohnCalifornia-Death-Row From the info at the link, it appears the unknown person (Sherry) is believed to have been 18 on the low end of the age range and early 20's on the high end. That would rule out both Michaela and Deanna as possibly being "Sherry".

I think this was brought up earlier but here's a new article.

'Michaela Garecht disappearance: Speed Freak Killers information allegedly withheld by sheriff's office'

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_27679123/san-joaquin-sheriffs-office-accused-failing-share-possible

A state senator, detectives and parents of missing children -- including the mother of missing Hayward 9-year-old Michaela Garecht -- lambasted the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office on Monday amid allegations that the Central Valley department destroyed missing persons records and stonewalled other police agencies during its investigation of the infamous "Speed Freak Killers" case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713
Back