Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now way did EARONS take her. It's like the Zodiac Killer. Everyone thinks he or Earons did every crime out there. Stop it.

Well in the case of EARONS he has changed methods many times. He has also been linked in other areas. It's at least something to think about and not out of the question. Unless you know exactly WHO took Michaela then everything is a possibility. If the ONS was so predictable, then he would have been easy to catch. He actually tried to kidnap a young girl from one of the houses after killing her father. A few of the composites of EARONS does resemble the composite in this case. In any way, saying NO WAY he took her is being naive. You or I don't know who took her, and looking outside the box is always good in my opinion. Sadly the police aren't even looking at tips or evidence much these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been following this case.for several years now and from time till time have been reading Sharons blog hoping that when ... I do..... that she finally gets some answers
Anyway when I went through Micheala's missing/ forum and the leads,it does seems to me that the monster who took her wasnt fimiliar with the area / parkinglot

Anyway as horror as it seems it is a fact that humantraffic is huge and I think worldwide connected So was wondering,does any one know if there is a worldwide database where DNA,palmprints,vingerprints can be compaired or matched,etc etc, ?
Most offenders are just slipping through the loopholes and are well connected

If you look at some cases within EU it raises more questions then answers and law enforcement looks sometimes the other way...

I do realize this might be off the wall. It may have been mentioned in the past. I know that LE has the palm print on the 'moved' scooter. Did someone place the scooter into evidence? And if not, did the families happen to keep the scooters? I know, it has been decades. Sigh. Just on the off chance that they could extract any DNA from the scooter, and at least zero in on the culprit? What are the odds?

I think I read where Herzog and Shermantine were suspects in a murder in Colorado. So they did travel.

I wonder if Robert Rhoads was ever looked at? He was active in Northern California in the 80's and 90's. I was just reading something about him, but have never seen a picture of him. He just sounded like a predator that could be responsible for this type of crime.

For anyone who's interested, Michaela's mom keeps a current blog. Not really case details, but more about her love for Michaela.

She's a beautiful writer but it's a tear jerker.

http://www.dearmichaela.com/

Everything Sharon writes is from her heart. The love for her little girl is inspiring. To me, the hope she maintains is one of our most basic foundations. And whatever her beliefs, I believe our universe will let us see one another again. Sharon will see her Michaela when they both get to the end of their respective stories. All IMHO as always.

ETA: I do not know the family, just a visitor to her blog. Love & Peace to all.

Does anyone else see the resemblance here or am I jumping the gun?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Name: SZCZYGIEL,AARON JASON
DOB: 7/22/1971
Sex: MALE
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Weight: 160 lb (73 kg)
Eye Color: GREEN
Hair Color: BLOND/STRAWB
Ethnicity: WHITE
CONTINUOUS SEXUAL ABUSE OF CHILD
​
I'm very new to this so please bare with me. I came across this guy's profile on the family watchdog site and couldn't help but notice the similarities with the man who kidnapped Michaela. I wasn't able to find any other information about him or the crime he committed except that he lives in Union City, CA and that he has been in violation of registration requirements since Aug 2013 and may have relocated. There's something about his mouth and nose that match the sketch. His hair color and height are almost identical to what was described(about 6'0). His DOB would make him 17 years old at the time of the crime...it's not entirely unfeasible that a 17 year old would appear to be in his 20's to a 9 year old. Also, if you look closely at his face especially in the second pic you can see dents that could possibly be pockmark scars.

I know this isn't likely, but just thought I'd put it out there...

Attachments

• Aaron-Jason-Szczygiel-mugshot-32425484.400x800.jpg
    Aaron-Jason-Szczygiel-mugshot-32425484.400x800.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 190
  • OffenderPhoto.jpg
    OffenderPhoto.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Michaela-Kidnapping-Suspect.jpg
    Michaela-Kidnapping-Suspect.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 187
Does anyone else see the resemblance here or am I jumping the gun?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Name: SZCZYGIEL,AARON JASON
DOB: 7/22/1971
Sex: MALE
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Weight: 160 lb (73 kg)
Eye Color: GREEN
Hair Color: BLOND/STRAWB
Ethnicity: WHITE
CONTINUOUS SEXUAL ABUSE OF CHILD
​
I'm very new to this so please bare with me. I came across this guy's profile on the family watchdog site and couldn't help but notice the similarities with the man who kidnapped Michaela. I wasn't able to find any other information about him or the crime he committed except that he lives in Union City, CA and that he has been in violation of registration requirements since Aug 2013 and may have relocated. There's something about his mouth and nose that match the sketch. His hair color and height are almost identical to what was described(about 6'0). His DOB would make him 17 years old at the time of the crime...it's not entirely unfeasible that a 17 year old would appear to be in his 20's to a 9 year old. Also, if you look closely at his face especially in the second pic you can see dents that could possibly be pockmark scars.

I know this isn't likely, but just thought I'd put it out there...

I have to say the eyes, mouth and eye brows are extremely close. I wouldn’t think that being 17 would rule him out, Shermantine killed at 16, so it’s highly possible.
I would like to see if his palm print matches, and they should have it on file.
Great job in finding this. I’m glad people are still trying to find Michaela, because the police have seemed to screw it up.

The eyes are very different. The eyes in the sketch turn upwards on the outside and his turn downwards. But, the only one who could say for sure would be Michaela's friend that saw the man.

Bumping for sweet Michaela.
Tomorrow marks the anniversary of her kidnapping. Hopefully the Hayward police get off their butts and catalog the evidence and look at everything, and find her. They have thousands of tips and yet they have let the case grow cold. The detective that actually cared has retired and the Hayward PD has put resources in other places.

Which means that this monster has roamed free and probably continued to commit crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx
Back