GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That Hayward Kaiser will eventually be torn down and replaced with a new Kaiser hospital facility in San Leandro off Marina Blvd.
From what I recall the last time I used that Kaiser garage a couple months ago, there is only one main entry/exit (2 lanes) for visitors and public. There is one entry way for a lower level where doctors park. If there was video of the white Honda leaving then there should be video of the perp(s) or perp's vehicle entering or walking into the garage. It is a small garage and if Michelle parked anywhere on the visitor levels, she would have been in fairly plain view. I hope that visitors at the garage before and after the time of the crime have been thoroughly interviewed. For a planned murder to have taken place in that garage sometime after 7pm would have been absolutely brazen and stupid if the perp was trying to avoid getting caught.

Welcome Matt.
It was the parking garage across the street on Sleepy Hollow.

Welcome Matt.
It was the parking garage across the street on Sleepy Hollow.

I do not think I know that one. Do you mean there is a garage next to the Medical Center part of Kaiser across Tennyson or are you referring to the one next to the Hospital?

I do not think I know that one. Do you mean there is a garage next to the Medical Center part of Kaiser across Tennyson or are you referring to the one next to the Hospital?
There is a Kaiser clinic on the corner of Sleepy Hollow and Tennyson, and the garage attached is quite large - 3 or 4 stories high, It's by (behind) Food Maxx.

And yes if I were that missing swimmers parents I'd be insisting on an Amber Alert, but then I don't know how all that works. Her twitter account has some wierd stuff on it.

I just made a thread for her.

Carissa Metcalf was found safe! Now if we can find Michelle!

@MattL: I noticed that the parking garage has only 1 way out from what I remembered. The perpetrators must have been seen by someone. Because they would need to drive through the small parking lot that is filled with cars. Then they would need to turn on the busy streets. Someone should've seen these people driving to Ponderosa Court too. It's really odd they would goto a residential area and park her car. Then leave her belongings such as the laptop, but take her cellphone with them. Or did they still have the cellphone when they brought the car back to Ponderosa? I'm wondering if the cellphone pinged in that area.

@MattL: I noticed that the parking garage has only 1 way out from what I remembered. The perpetrators must have been seen by someone. Because they would need to drive through the small parking lot that is filled with cars. Then they would need to turn on the busy streets. Someone should've seen these people driving to Ponderosa Court too. It's really odd they would goto a residential area and park her car. Then leave her belongings such as the laptop, but take her cellphone with them. Or did they still have the cellphone when they brought the car back to Ponderosa? I'm wondering if the cellphone pinged in that area.

bolded by me.

I agree, someone saw something. With regard to the bolded part: is it possible her cellphone was in her pocket or somehow attached to her clothes (clipped to her waistband, etc ) and that's why they "took" it with them? I don't know why they'd leave an expensive item like a laptop--obviously, the motive wasn't robbery.

bolded by me.

I agree, someone saw something. With regard to the bolded part: is it possible her cellphone was in her pocket or somehow attached to her clothes (clipped to her waistband, etc ) and that's why they "took" it with them? I don't know why they'd leave an expensive item like a laptop--obviously, the motive wasn't robbery.

I noticed there's a community center a little down the street while driving around there. I wonder if they have a security camera pointing towards Ponderosa Court. I noticed a lot of kids walking around the area when I was driving around there. The kids that go to that community center should be asked if they saw anything as well.

Well after a while if things look too odd to have happened a certain way, i maybe start to think it didn't happen that way. if you're going to grab someone in broad daylight, unless you don't care about being seen, Kaiser is the last place to try. They have security and even if you lie in wait for a person, there's no guarantee that about the time the intended victim approaches you're not going to have an incessant trickle of passers-by thwarting your timing.

I think it's more likely she may have been lured off campus if there was any untoward intent. If that's even what happened. MOO,OC

I noticed there's a community center a little down the street while driving around there. I wonder if they have a security camera pointing towards Ponderosa Court

Most likely not or vandals would have smashed it long ago. This is the Bay Area after all. You should see how they thrash the nice parks in Newark and where I live in Freakmont. If I went into detail, it would be grounds to ban me so use ur imagination.

I'm also wondering. Google and other companies always have their satellites in the sky pointing in all directions. Would it be ideal to ask for some satellite imagery for the time she went missing? I've never heard of it being done for a case, but it's just a thought.

I'm also wondering if they'd be able to even give out that type of data.

I'm also wondering. Google and other companies always have their satellites in the sky pointing in all directions. Would it be ideal to ask for some satellite imagery for the time she went missing? I've never heard of it being done for a case, but it's just a thought.

I'm also wondering if they'd be able to even give out that type of data.

Provided the satellite was overhead at the time, you very well could see her car but most likely not the driver.

Most likely not or vandals would have smashed it long ago. This is the Bay Area after all. You should see how they thrash the nice parks in Newark and where I live in Freakmont. If I went into detail, it would be grounds to ban me so use ur imagination.

I'm from the bayarea too and grew up in a rough neighborhood. They have cameras in spots in San Francisco where drug dealers frequent and the cameras are obviously there. People do try to take these cameras out, but eventually get replaced with city money.

At the least, it would be a good idea to ask the kids around the community center down the street from Ponderosa.

Provided the satellite was overhead at the time, you very well could see her car but most likely not the driver.

Maybe they can use the data to track the path of the vehicle. I'm sure there was enough sunlight from 7-8pm to see the vehicle from the sky.

EDIT: It's an idea, because when I used to commute to work I used to be able to see my car in the parking lot on Google Maps.

I'm from the bayarea too and grew up in a rough neighborhood. They have cameras in spots in San Francisco where drug dealers frequent and the cameras are obviously there. People do try to take these cameras out, but eventually get replaced with city money.

At the least, it would be a good idea to ask the kids around the community center down the street from Ponderosa.

Most definitely there are cameras but usually HUD/Sec 8 can afford to keep them functional. In one of my old jobs I used to coordinate with a lot of community centers for IT/Networking stuff, and the centers don't have the budget for an expensive system (well not the ones I went to), let alone personnel to train the volunteers on how to do tape backups (if they wouldn't just be deleting the next day, barring an incident at the center.

You're right though....ask the kids...the little crumb snatchers see everything.

Maybe they can use the data to track the path of the vehicle. I'm sure there was enough sunlight from 7-8pm to see the vehicle from the sky.

EDIT: It's an idea, because when I used to commute to work I used to be able to see my car in the parking lot on Google Maps.

Yes, but your car was parked in an open lot, so being stationary made it easy. Keep in mind satellites are moving pretty fast and would outpace a moving car in an open desert, let alone the traffic maze that is the 880 and adjacent areas. You'd be better off looking on Google Street View around that area. Maybe one of their cars was going by charting the area around that time.

Yes, but your car was parked in an open lot, so being stationary made it easy. Keep in mind satellites are moving pretty fast and would outpace a moving car in an open desert, let alone the traffic maze that is the 880 and adjacent areas. You'd be better off looking on Google Street View around that area. Maybe one of their cars was going by charting the area around that time.

To my knowledge, Google outsources their satellite imagery from a third party satellite company. I'm sure there's more than 1 satellite in the sky overlooking the bayarea. If anything, I'd also look into if any of the neighbors (of Ponderosa or nearby streets) have cameras facing towards the street.

To my knowledge, Google outsources their satellite imagery from a third party satellite company. I'm sure there's more than 1 satellite in the sky overlooking the bayarea. If anything, I'd also look into if any of the neighbors (of Ponderosa or nearby streets) have cameras facing towards the street.

Yes, there are 2 in fact operated by the US but they are Geostationary and can't produce high res imagery.

Polar Orbiters which would be able to provide high res imagery, do a full orbit every 100 minutes, so if the car was moving very, very very, slowly, yes they could track it.

Yes, there are 2 in fact operated by the US but they are Geostationary and can't produce high res imagery.

Polar Orbiters which would be able to provide high res imagery, do a full orbit every 100 minutes, so if the car was moving very, very very, slowly, yes they could track it.

In that case, I noticed the only street to Ponderosa Court is through Oliver Drive. They should go door to door on Oliver Drive and ask if the residents there if they have cameras facing towards the street. But they should ask the residents of Ponderosa Court first.

EDIT: I noticed they have a neighborhood watch program. Someone must have a camera on the street?

In that case, I noticed the only street to Ponderosa Court is through Oliver Drive. They should go door to door on Oliver Drive and ask if the residents there if they have cameras facing towards the street. But they should ask the residents of Ponderosa Court first.

EDIT: I noticed they have a neighborhood watch program. Someone must have a camera on the street?

Most definitely but, I think you said you still live around here, you can't swing a dead cat without seeing the missing posters. I think they should put pics of her car in the area and start asking there and try to pinpoint when the car was left there.

*that peal of laughter was from detectives who might be reading my suggestion and say "No Schlitz, Sherlock....what do you think we're doing?"

To which I reply "Uh....that?"

Who knows if the LE in Hayward has asked the people around the neighborhood if they have camera footage of the car? The LE should start asking now before any crucial footage gets erased. It's been about 20 days now and people may not keep that video data on their hard drive for longer than a month or maybe less?

Something tells me LE doesn't even need footage from the neighborhood. Perhaps they have a good look of the suspect(s) from Kaiser's new video footage. Maybe they asked FBI to enhance the image so they can release it to the public?

They very well could but if the camera was 24x7 they'd have to own an impressive tape backup system to keep a month's worth of surveillance footage. Further, I hope no one who did have a camera running hasn't already contacted LE.

But, if they haven't asked already, they should commence post haste.

Here is something to consider. The city itself has some cameras. There are 4 at the intersection of Hesprian/Tennyson. You can see it on Google streetview.

camerask.jpg

94545 - Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3