GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am curious to know how closely GE is being watched by LE; I'd bet very very closely.

I suspect that LE is tracking her movements 24/7, either in black and whites or undercover. Bet her phone calls and pings are being monitored via a judge's order, as well. She has every reason to be very paranoid until LE arrests her or decides she's not a suspect.

I think it's possible [GE] lured Michelle out to the car under a false pretense, possibly using someone else's phone to text Michelle at work and pretending to be that other person. Why would Michelle need to make a quick run to her car in the midst of her work day? She clearly didn't expect to be gone for long at all; she left most personal belongings inside. I think she got a communication while working that lured her out to her car.

You might be right, but news reports have consistently stated that her fellow students said she was making a quick run to the car "to get something". Seems like she would just say she was meeting someone briefly instead...unless she didn't want to reveal who that person was, maybe.

Her pals could have missed a text or a phone call to her...but you know LE hasn't. Anyone who called or texted her within a short interval (or beyond) has been ID'ed and probably interviewed.

Are we sure this wasn't a random killing/abduction? Maybe LE shouldn't be so quick to deny that, but on the other hand, maybe they know something that makes it near certain that it isn't a stranger who is responsible.

About 30 of Michelle’s friends and family joined in the search. Volunteers were trained in the morning by Brad Dennis, the director of search operations for the Klaas Kids Foundation.

So far, Dinh said, nothing “specific” has been found, though on Sunday afternoon they were still in the process of debriefing volunteers.

Dinh said it was likely that an additional search will be held next weekend and said updates will be provided online at www.michellelemissing.com.

Continue reading on Examiner.com More than 450 volunteers search for missing nursing student Michelle Le (Video) - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...rsing-student-michelle-le-video#ixzz1PmxpXhdo

It is so wonderful to hear they had so many people volunteering to help with the search this weekend.

From early reports it appears nothing of value was found;
but on the positive side, they have covered ground so they know where she is not, or where clues are not.

It sounds like KlaasKids gave immeasurable help and support to ML's family throught their expertise.
What a wonderful service the Foundation does for those who are in the thoes of a nightmare of a situation.

The link is to the KlaasKids Foundation's site entry about this weekend's search.
I see that on the third photo there is a dog with a vest that says Search Dog--good to see at least one search dog was out there helping, too!

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011/06/fathers-hope.html

"a young bay area resident's thoughts on what happened" posted a comment on Michelle's missing website that GE posted on her twitter account a tweet about a CSI Miami episode called Blood Lust. And he mentions that she only posted 1 tweet and it's dated March 7. Creepy, in my opinion, LE should keep looking into GE.

From an LA Times story this morning:

Hayward Police Lt. Roger Keener said detectives are examining "a few" persons of interest, including Giselle Esteban, 27, who was a friend of Le's in high school and had also moved to the Bay Area.

"She told an assignment editor that she openly hates Michelle because she blames Michelle for her current breakup with her boyfriend, the father of her child," Keener said.

Asked about animosity toward Le by other potential suspects, Keener said: "I don't know what their enemy status was. We haven't uncovered anyone else who was as open about her feelings as Giselle was."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/me-missing-woman-20110620,0,357522.story

So do they have more than just knowing about Giselle's open hatred toward Michelle? I believe they started investigating her before she talked to the news outlet so maybe they do. And are the other POI's people who could have helped Giselle hurt Michelle or are they unaffiliated with her?

I do not consider Isabelle Zehnder at that Examiner link, a legitimate news reporter. She sits on her deck in Washington state with her laptop, and copies and plagerizes what other reporters are reporting. She has no investigative talents nor inside sources. Let's stick with mainstream news.

Isabelle has been approved by Tricia, WS owner, in the past, as the only examiner reported we can generally trust, just FYI...

I suspect that LE is tracking her movements 24/7, either in black and whites or undercover. Bet her phone calls and pings are being monitored via a judge's order, as well. She has every reason to be very paranoid until LE arrests her or decides she's not a suspect.

You might be right, but news reports have consistently stated that her fellow students said she was making a quick run to the car "to get something". Seems like she would just say she was meeting someone briefly instead...unless she didn't want to reveal who that person was, maybe.

Her pals could have missed a text or a phone call to her...but you know LE hasn't. Anyone who called or texted her within a short interval (or beyond) has been ID'ed and probably interviewed.

Are we sure this wasn't a random killing/abduction? Maybe LE shouldn't be so quick to deny that, but on the other hand, maybe they know something that makes it near certain that it isn't a stranger who is responsible.

I am not at all sure that isn't a random crime of opportunity. All options still open, imo. But, I'm currently leaning towards Michelle being targeted by someone she knew just based on what's been revealed by LE so far in the media and the fact that she definitely had one very open "enemy". If there are several POIs, could mean this crime involved more than one person or one person inadvertently used other people (or their communication devices) to carry out a plan.

Someone who stalks, imo, is calculated and has no respect for anyone's boundaries. They are obsessive. We have heard that GE has been accused of stalking her ex bf to the extent of a RO being pursued. I can see such a person using someone else (knowingly or unknowingly) to lure their target somewhere, leaving their own cell phone a home (so pings for the guilty party would not place them at the scene and would support an "at home aloine" alibii)... Could be a web for LE to sort through, even if they have a strong suspicion regarding a perp. Just a loose theory and speculation.. Seems less likely that Michelle ran to her car in the middle of a shift and was randomly attacked/abducted in broad daylight (no robbery evident). If a stranger without robbery as a motive would lead me to believe sexual motives. A sexual assaulter however, imo, would care nothing about where the victim's car was then placed. But, stranger things have certainly happened...

My speculation was that since GE had appeared uninvited inside the boyfriend's house in the past (taking his mom off guard), she could have done so again and accessed his phone to text Michelle. If she thought he was texting her to meet outside for a minute, she'd likely go. GE's phone records would be irrelevant. The text would appear on the boyfriend's phone records...

Just a sample theory though; as to how someone might know she would be leaving the building at an irregular time.

BBM

I am a doctoral student and I'm also a teacher. I have found that breaks in class typically occur around the same time in each class period. I don't know how long this class met each period, but I'm willing to guess that their breaks usually fell around the same time every day. I've never been in a class or taught a class that would have random breaks. They were almost always at the mid-point of class. If that was the case with this class, then someone stalking Michelle would have been able to figure that out by either observing her or by knowing the class times and figuring that a break would occur somewhere in the middle of the class period.

Anyone find it odd that both Holly Bobo and Michelle Le share the same birthday. October 12.

BBM

I am a doctoral student and I'm also a teacher. I have found that breaks in class typically occur around the same time in each class period. I don't know how long this class met each period, but I'm willing to guess that their breaks usually fell around the same time every day. I've never been in a class or taught a class that would have random breaks. They were almost always at the mid-point of class. If that was the case with this class, then someone stalking Michelle would have been able to figure that out by either observing her or by knowing the class times and figuring that a break would occur somewhere in the middle of the class period.

Was this a regular class, though? Some articles have described what ML was doing at Kaiser Permanente Hospital as "shadowing health care workers", or doing a "clinical rotation", though I am not familiar with what that exactly entails. Can you or someone elaborate on what ML may have been doing at the hospital, and would there likely be organized group breaks for such a thing? Thanks.

BBM

Nursing students in clinical training at a hospital often have a regimented schedule of sorts, and they are expected to conform to it.

A stalker might monitor that. That person could be a hospital employee rather than a erratic, jealous GF with a RO against her. A hospital employee might not be so obviously out of place in the parking structure as well...

I tend to think Marc K. knows more than he was able to say last night, as far as GE being a good POI/suspect. I don't think he would say that if he did not have some info other than the fact that this girl claims to hate Michelle.

WOW if this is indeed GE's twitter account, and this is the only tweet she made then I hope LE is looking seriously at GE and also watching this CSI episode. The similarities to Michelle's disappearance are very disturbing. Red highlighted by me below:

Season 9 episode 15.CSI: Miami Episode: "Blood Lust"

Episode Synopsis: Two women are kidnapped and held in an abandoned house where one of them is strangled to death. The other woman narrowly escapes from the killer and notifies the police. The investigation soon leads to another victim buried in a state park, and Horatio launches an all-out hunt for the serial killer.
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/csi-miami-2011/episode-15-season-9/blood-lust/100101

And what if the driver of a car hit Michelle in the parking lot at high speed, then kidnapped her? I never thought of that scenario....

Nursing students in clinical training at a hospital often have a regimented schedule of sorts, and they are expected to conform to it.

A stalker might monitor that. That person could be a hospital employee rather than a erratic, jealous GF with a RO against her. A hospital employee might not be so obviously out of place in the parking structure as well...

Depends, Lynx. Having just graduated from a rigorous nursing school, it's not as regimented as it may appear. I mean, lunch happens when you can grab it; same thing with breaks. If break/lunch time comes when something else needs to be done, e.g change an IV, hang a 30 minute med, piggyback a med which is due, change a dressing, work with RT/OT/PT {who set their own schedules}, get charting complete, you simply don't get to go.

You go when you can...sometimes that means a very erratic schedule.

I don't know how far along she was in her schooling, or if this was a lecture class (which does have generally routine break times) or if she was working in the clinical environment, and what her patient load was and how ill her patients were. All of those variables would be important to know if her break was regular, or if it was "when you can" (and sometimes, "when you can" never happened...and you went without. Believe me, on crazy days it was hard to get a break to go use the potty, let alone grab something to eat and sit and relax, or run to your car).

Just my thoughts, and only based on my experience. Hers could indeed be different.

Best-
Herding Cats

Isabelle has been approved by Tricia, WS owner, in the past, as the only examiner reported we can generally trust, just FYI...
Thats fine. I personally consider her to be a fraud. She has at least six different resumes on the www each geared to whatever her current claimed occupation is. Not too long ago she was selling her services as some sort of 'life coach' type person. Now she is an esteemed journalist with claimed investigative skills and legal background. The only legal background I have found on her is a single paralegal course she took about twenty or more years ago at the College of San Mateo. (A two year college from which she did not graduate). Can't remember now what other courses she claimed to take there. Doesn't really matter. She makes false claims about herself, that is what matters to me.

So, I choose not to read her "articles" because she is disengenous about her background, because her articles are not original reporting, they are not investigative in any sense of the word, other than her googling current news articles on whatever HIGH PROFILE ( = as many $ hits as possible) case she is currently reporting on. And, I don't trust her. JMO.

I have found that the "Patch" reporters, in general do a pretty good job of local reporting. I think Patch is associated with AOL. I don't know how or if they are reumunerated. They tend to do totally original reporting.

Having just graduated from a rigorous nursing school, it's not as regimented as it may appear. I mean, lunch happens when you can grab it; same thing with breaks. If break/lunch time comes when something else needs to be done...you simply don't get to go.

You go when you can...sometimes that means a very erratic schedule.

I spoke with my nursing colleagues since I wrote my post, and they confirm every detail you have written...so I retract my statement. It seems more likely that Michelle Le, RN2B would not have had a *uniformly* predictable schedule.

It could generally be known, though, when her rotations started and ended for the day. She had some sense of that herself because she had made plans to travel to Reno at some predictable hour after her work was done at Kaiser.

If someone she knew abducted her, they could have known her "rough" schedule, and were surprised to see her at her car earlier than expected.

Or, the person may not have had much (or any) clue about that...and just remained hyperaware with a lot of time to burn...and remained very, very patient.

Interesting insight from those of you who have been nursing students. Thank you!

If we assume Michelle was targeted and not a victim of opportunity, even if she had consistent/routine break times, how would the perp know that Michelle would run out to her car that day on the break unless she routinely ran to her car at that time, was lured to her car, or the perp was co-student/worker who followed her out of the building?

Again, not suggesting that a random crime is not possible, just not sure why a random perp would worry about the car at all...

Puzzled. Prayers for Michelle...

Does anyone know which level of the parking lot she was parked on? It might not be that important, but I was just wondering. If her car was on an upper level, then it had to be driven out past other cars driving in and out of the building, and, I would imagine, people on foot going to and from their cars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back