GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped for space:

<Defense attorney Andrea Auer appeared in court on behalf of Esteban, but she told Alameda County Superior Court Judge Gary Picetti that it has not been determined whether she will represent Esteban.

Picetti granted Auer a delay and ordered Esteban to return to court on Sept. 28 to finalize her legal representation and possibly enter a plea.>

Has anyone found a MSM source, that confirms representation of Esteban?

TIA.

Exactly. Wait until the family and the other volunteers that were in the same area that day and Brad Dennis (Search Director) give their side of the story about this. Has anybody interviewed them about who found the remains?

Again, it SHOULD not matter who found the remains. BUT, now the media makes it seem like it does.

In that video interview, Carrie even mentions there was a search group ahead of them. Needs to be verified though. (See I don't just take a single person's word and call it fact). Do not get me wrong, I think Team Amber and Carrie are superb people and bless her heart that she was in the area. That's very special in itself. But to make stories and headlines about who found the remains/grave first without being verified by other volunteers in the same area and group nor the family nor the search director, that just irritates me. And people of course believe it because it's on the news and retold by a police spokesman who didn't even know if dogs were in the area previously or not.

It is news, and the media is going to sensationalize it, whether we like it or not. Unfortunately, we don't have much control over how they present the news, so if we don't want to see it, we can always turn off the t.v. and stop reading the papers.

I agree with others, I doubt that the family cares one way or the other at this point, they are in the grieving process. My heart goes out to them, and as far as Carrie M. and her dog are concerned, my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for a job well done!! I am so proud of any parent who has lost a child and is able to channel their energy into helping other families find their missing loved ones. I don't know if I could be that strong, I would probably spend my days huddled in a corner somewhere crying my eyes out. Thank GOD for the people who give their time and efforts to help others! Especially if they have gone through the same thing so recently.

Can you get recent video from Google earth, Bing Mapquest,
of the day of the disappearance and show whose vehicle drove back there.

What type of weapon caused the death, blunt force trauma or sharp entry wound.

Could a rock be at the scene if a Knife was it thrown toward the water.

the scene is strange its a cliff on one side you wouldnt drive there at night.

Was she tied up

Was there lots of blood at the scene. Well it stay in the earth.

How long can blood last on a object when it is exposed to the elements.

Did they get any tire tracks prints.
it had been a long time but if hers was the only vehicle could there be prints.

Is there evidence of the area on Michelle's car.(Dirt, weeds etc)

is there evidence of the area at GEs house or car.
Did they take any of the logs for prints.
Possible dna on logs
Was she tied up
was she wrapped up in anything
How did she find this area (GE)
is it on her computer google maps etc
Does her cell phone show her in the area often.
Where does she work
does her work involve this area
Could she have entered from the golf club side
Does she have any recent scars that could have left trace elements in Michelles car
Under a door latch, under a seat etc
How was the body positioned, was it sending a message
revenge, embarrassment, or just quick leave her and hide her
Has she ever returned to the scene after the fact
once again, onstar,fastrak cell towers etc they all track vehicles.

IMO, sadly Michele Le seems to be forgotten in the MSM articles and what happened to her and who did it.

She sure seems forgotten in MSM... :(

But she's not forgotten in the hearts of all of us, here. Maybe someone could post a memory page? Perhaps another link to the candle site? I am sure her family would appreciate this non-invasive approach, just letting them know how much we all care about them.

I'm so glad to hear her remains were found. too many never are. how horrible for her family to not only not know and hold out hope but also not have her remains for so long.

RIP michelle <3

Can you get recent video from Google earth, Bing Mapquest,
of the day of the disappearance and show whose vehicle drove back there.

What type of weapon caused the death, blunt force trauma or sharp entry wound.

Could a rock be at the scene if a Knife was it thrown toward the water.

the scene is strange its a cliff on one side you wouldnt drive there at night.

Was she tied up

Was there lots of blood at the scene. Well it stay in the earth.

How long can blood last on a object when it is exposed to the elements.

Did they get any tire tracks prints.
it had been a long time but if hers was the only vehicle could there be prints.

Is there evidence of the area on Michelle's car.(Dirt, weeds etc)

is there evidence of the area at GEs house or car.
Did they take any of the logs for prints.
Possible dna on logs
Was she tied up
was she wrapped up in anything
How did she find this area (GE)
is it on her computer google maps etc
Does her cell phone show her in the area often.
Where does she work
does her work involve this area
Could she have entered from the golf club side
Does she have any recent scars that could have left trace elements in Michelles car
Under a door latch, under a seat etc
How was the body positioned, was it sending a message
revenge, embarrassment, or just quick leave her and hide her
Has she ever returned to the scene after the fact
once again, onstar,fastrak cell towers etc they all track vehicles.
One thing I can tell you, Google Earth is NOT constantly updated. I know for a fact based on viewing the changes in landscaping around my own home, they are usually about 6 months out of date. I doubt you could get results for a certain date and have it be accurate as to what vehicles were there. They would have have to have been filming at the exact time, and Michelle was kidnapped at night.
Also, I'll check with my husband who works for AT&T, but I don't believe cell towers track vehicles...
A criminalist I talked to a few months ago told me water is a very destructive element to decomp, apparently heat is too...
I think you're going to have to wait for the results of LE's investigation or the trial to get the rest of your answers, this case is not a Forensic Files/Snapped/Investigators show yet.

So now the COMPLETE focus is on WHO found Michelle Le's remains.

The family or Michelle is barely mentioned.

While I am not saying that "Amber's" mom doesn't deserve credit - it takes away from everyone's contributions, the investigation, and impending court case.

Now the media is saturated with who found her.

I'm disgusted. It's almost as if they are going to star her and the dog in a new Lifetime drama movie.
How does this development take away in the least from the investigation or the impending court case???:waitasec: It's slow news until Giselle appears back in court which was postponed until the 28th I believe...

Convicted by Jury of Her Peers. (remember the C Anthony case OJ?)

HPD will need to make sure this is a OPEN AND SHUT case.
Since this is a criminal case they need 12 to convict.
If not it could be a hung jury.

Or worse a Walk.
Now this is going on the presumption there is enough evidence to prove she is
Guilty.
She is presumed innocent until convicted.
But the district attorney wouldn&#8217;t have given the green light without evidence.
California is a very strange and unique part of the United States.
Strange things happen and people get to walk.
And since she is a woman there could be a sympathy factor by the jury.
i.e. she is a young woman with children bla bla.
If she did it she deserves to spend a long time in prison!

Or worse a Walk.
Guilty.
But the district attorney wouldn’t have given the green light without evidence.
Yeah, but we did convict Scott Peterson, he's on Death Row, and Hans Reiser was convicted without the body!

I think LE will have a good case to put together. They have DNA, they have cell activity and they seem to have some sort of video; they named her as a POI from the start (which is unusual these days) so they must have had some reason to do so and probably wanted the DNA to back it up, plus of course to find Michelle. They may have even more evidence from Michelle herself.

Or worse a Walk.
Guilty.
But the district attorney wouldn’t have given the green light without evidence.

Well-- Melissa Huckaby has a child and she got convicted for murdering Sandra Cantu. It's different from this case, in that the victim,Sandra Cantu, was a child. I'd wager that the prisons are full of women who have children.

I know what you mean, though, Mox. Just how sympathetic a character will the defense be able to create out of GE and will the jury be influenced?

I think LE will have a good case to put together. They have DNA, they have cell activity and they seem to have some sort of video; they named her as a POI from the start (which is unusual these days) so they must have had some reason to do so and probably wanted the DNA to back it up, plus of course to find Michelle. They may have even more evidence from Michelle herself.

I believe it is surveillance video of the parking garage placing GE there.

:loser:

Michelle Le's Family to Host Community Vigil

"The community vigil will be held at Samuel Merritt University, Oakland Campus from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27, according to a Facebook event page created by Le’s cousin and family spokeswoman Krystine Dinh."

"On the event's page, Dinh said the vigil “is our chance to thank her loved ones, the community and other key people for their help in our cause.”"

http://ranchobernardo.patch.com/articles/michelle-les-family-to-host-community-vigil

This article has more details on GE's "volatile past".

The more that comes out in the news about GE, the more unstable she sounds, and it seems she has been for long time.

A side note--I think someone here at WS was asking this--at least as far as what is known, GE must still have the attorney that was appointed to her--Andrea Auer--because the article states, "Her court-appointed attorney, Andrea Auer, did not immediately return a call for comment on Thursday."

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Records-Suspect-in-CA-killing-had-volatile-past-2184856.php

A couple of things from the People Magazine article I'd not read before:

"[Michelle's cousin, Krystine] Dinh insists there was no love triangle – that Le and Marasigan were only friends – and that Le wasn't the type to make enemies."

"Esteban also says she's pregnant again with another of Marasigan's babies. Authorities say they don't know if that’s true, but they confirm that Esteban is seven months pregnant."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20529799,00.html

A couple of things from the People Magazine article I'd not read before:

"[Michelle's cousin, Krystine] Dinh insists there was no love triangle – that Le and Marasigan were only friends – and that Le wasn't the type to make enemies."

"Esteban also says she's pregnant again with another of Marasigan's babies. Authorities say they don't know if that’s true, but they confirm that Esteban is seven months pregnant."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20529799,00.html

bolded by me.

Yesterday evening was the memorial for Michelle. I wasn't able to attend but this morning on t.v. they showed her brother speaking at the memorial and it broke my heart.

I am angry at, and frustrated with, KTVU (and probably other channels) for continuing to say that she was killed "because of a love triangle" when the family keeps saying it was not a love triangle.

bolded by me.

Yesterday evening was the memorial for Michelle. I wasn't able to attend but this morning on t.v. they showed her brother speaking at the memorial and it broke my heart.

I am angry at, and frustrated with, KTVU (and probably other channels) for continuing to say that she was killed "because of a love triangle" when the family keeps saying it was not a love triangle.

Columbo - I agree. However, I think that Esteban "thought" that there was a triangle. Esteban said that she hated Michelle because of her relationship with Marasigan. Possibly they should word it as Esteban's vision of a triangle? Uuggghhhh :banghead: What a horrible excuse for violence!

Columbo - I agree. However, I think that Esteban "thought" that there was a triangle. Esteban said that she hated Michelle because of her relationship with Marasigan. Possibly they should word it as Esteban's vision of a triangle? Uuggghhhh :banghead: What a horrible excuse for violence!

Exactly, it was Esteban's mentally disturbed vision of a triangle. I guess that is too complicated for newscasters to explain when they are giving an report in a capsule.
It's so sickening, a horrible excuse for violence even if there was a triangle.

I was not able to go to the vigil but it looked like a lovely tribute. Michael and Krystine broke my heart though. I forget where I read that they do not consider this "closure". I can understand that - they now have to suffer through the trial. Is there ever really any closure for any of these families?

And I see GE wants bail? I HOPE the judge denies this. She is a threat to society. Too many incidents of violence and bizarre behavior!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back