GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does seem extreme, but it can happen. Hormones + jealousy + rage + personality disorder . And probably engaging the help of a male friend to do the crime and try to get rid of the body....

That's what I was thinking. If this POI has a connection, then she most likely would have needed to enlist help.

I was thinking about the phone. I'm a teacher and a student (not a nursing student, though) and whenever we have class breaks, I will either take my wallet (if I intend to get something to eat/drink) or leave it in the classroom if I'm just going to use the restroom and walk or stretch to wake myself up after sitting at a desk for a while. If the break is an hour or more, then I'll take my phone. I'm not the only one who does this, the majority of my classmates do the same thing. I wonder if she was expecting a phone call, or had to make a phone call, or if she decided to take the phone in order to check messages. I wonder if the police have been able to look at her phone records? If calls came in during class, or if she was checking voice mail or texting someone, this could be helpful in trying to track her down.

That's what I was thinking. If this POI has a connection, then she most likely would have needed to enlist help.

I was thinking about the phone. I'm a teacher and a student (not a nursing student, though) and whenever we have class breaks, I will either take my wallet (if I intend to get something to eat/drink) or leave it in the classroom if I'm just going to use the restroom and walk or stretch to wake myself up after sitting at a desk for a while. If the break is an hour or more, then I'll take my phone. I'm not the only one who does this, the majority of my classmates do the same thing. I wonder if she was expecting a phone call, or had to make a phone call, or if she decided to take the phone in order to check messages. I wonder if the police have been able to look at her phone records? If calls came in during class, or if she was checking voice mail or texting someone, this could be helpful in trying to track her down.

Thanks, marie-chantal; and of course, I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, but I've seen it before. I have no idea what this POI is like personally! It seems like murderous women do get their hooks into a man and then enlist him to help. A sensible man would run for his life.

What you say about taking her break without taking her purse, it's possible. A parking garage isn't the best place to make cell phone calls, though, is it? Seems like reception could be shaky in a garage, but maybe it depends on the carrier.

article has recently been updated to state that the body is an Hispanic female. Michelle is Vietnameses, so still possibly not her....
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_18215043?source=most_viewed

I agree that it is a possibility that it is not her, but it is also possible that it is her unfortunately. The media often blunder news as they try to report quickly and sometimes not accurately.

Praying for Michelle!

What you say about taking her break without taking her purse, it's possible. A parking garage isn't the best place to make cell phone calls, though, is it? Seems like reception could be shaky in a garage, but maybe it depends on the carrier.

Maybe going for a smoke? I've seen a video where a guy was in the hospital but was not allowed to smoke on the grounds. So he walked himself out with the IV bag and coat hanger looking thing to the side of the street.

She doesn't look like a smoker but who knows.

"Two organizations connected to Michelle Le – Samuel Merritt University and Turner Construction Company -- informed her family earlier that day that they had upped the reward for information from $45,000 to $65,000 Monday."

She has worked part time at the construction company as an accounting clerk for the past 5 years, the article says.

Is this unusual for her school and employer to do such a thing? My feeling is that she must be a very special person for them to make such a generous offer.
She touched a lot of people's lives, including right here on Websleuths. Something about her and the story has touched me, too....

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28149812/detail.html

an article from about 1 hour ago states that the construction company she works for has put up $45k reward money, in addition to the $20k put up by the family, bringing total to $65k. Also states that it is expected that the police will issue an update on the search later this afternoon/early evening.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_18217637

And no news on either case tonite on my local news channel.

It appears that since the Sunnyvale body in the bag was identified as a Latina woman, "Hayward police determined the body was not connected to the Le case, Verbrugge said."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28150628/detail.html

So, who is this poor victim, then, if not Michelle Le?!

Why is there so much evil in this world...*sigh*

Oh no, what did they discover...how horrible...
I don't know what to think if this turns out to be over some sort of jealousy...so sickening if that is the case. Her poor family and friends and poor Michelle. I hope LE is told where she can be found very soon...

Just please tell where she is...this is so sickening...

from the link:
"As of 7 p.m. Monday night, Hayward police are at the Union City apartment of a woman who was previously questioned as a "person of interest" in the case."

Could it be the police think they have their killer?

article also says:
"According to several news reports, police believe Le was killed in the hospital parking garage by someone who is "not a stranger.""

http://sanlorenzo.patch.com/articles/reward-increased-in-le-disappearance

:( I'm sorry to hear this latest news.

ETA: Was a thread started for the UID female found? TIA

"Residents at the Monte Vista apartments said they have not seen the person of interest since Monday, when she knocked on doors, apologizing for the police presence the previous weekend. Police initially detained the woman for questioning on May 30, according to witnesses.

A neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous, said that she was upset because she was being targeted by media. She told the neighbor then that she would be relocating. Neighbors said she had only been living there for about two months and didn't see her often."

http://sanlorenzo.patch.com/articles/reward-increased-in-le-disappearance#photo-6452753

It is my opinion that she moved there in order to hurt Michelle. All because of a man.

from the link:
"As of 7 p.m. Monday night, Hayward police are at the Union City apartment of a woman who was previously questioned as a "person of interest" in the case."

article also says:
"According to several news reports, police believe Le was killed in the hospital parking garage by someone who is "not a stranger.""

Sure sounds that way :(
What man is worth anything close to this horrible violence, if that is what happened? I am just sick...

FWIW, an official helicopter was circling over that area (the apartment complex) for at least an hour around 6 pm tonite. We see the helis often enough (we are near freeways and a bridge) but slow circling so long in one area is unusual. I'm really sorry to hear this news, and sorry about the Latina woman, too, but I think justice may be served quickly in this case.

from the link:

article also says:

Wow...

I'm not entirely shocked by the ending (though still shocked that it seems they're stilling intimating that it's the female POI perhaps responsible) though DEFINITELY saddened.

BUT, I am shocked they believe she was actually killed in the parking garage.

Taken from there would make sense since we know she was there and the car was moved, but I'm just so shocked someone would do that in a visible place with cameras and not late at night with less traffic around!

Prayers Michelle is found and for peace for her friends and family...and that LE is able to find who did this. The video evidence sounds promising on that front!

Was she killed inside the killer's car, I wonder? Or did LE find traces of the killer inside Michelle's car? I guess if no one was around, it might seem like a "good" place to murder someone, forgetting of course that there might be cameras, which I hope are very good ones.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back