GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sad to read the update on Michelle. Such a beautiful girl. I pray they find her soon.

"Hayward police Capt. Darryl McAllister said that a forensic examination from the 26-year-old Le's car and the parking garage where the vehicle was found, video evidence from the garage and other evidence have led them to believe she was killed.

[snip]

Still, McAllister said he did not want to jeopardize the investigation by elaborating further but confirmed that the evidence points conclusively to homicide. Investigators were searching remote areas of Alameda County for Le's body, McAllister said."

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national/article_eb4bee0f-c264-5954-b39d-a2fd82c87719.html

So it sounds like there was evidence in three places thus far...Michelle's car, the garage, and the video from the garage. Guessing that must likely mean blood splatter or something if there's evidence in the garage?

If they are calling this a homicide before finding Michelle, the scene inside her car must have been truly dreadful...

But it does sound like someone may be talking or else they have cell pings leading them to the area they are searching...

If this is accurate (it's from our local newspaper in the neighborhoods where Michelle and GE are from in north San Diego county), Esteban may have just moved back recently (per that other article posted up thread, in the last two or so months):

"Police are reportedly speaking to several “people of interest,” including another Mt. Carmel graduate, Giselle Esteban, who lived in the Bay Area, until last July, when Esteban returned to San Diego.

The two women were Key Club members at their high school in Rancho Penasquitos and both moved to the Bay Area after graduation."

http://www.pomeradonews.com/2011/06/03/missing-bay-area-nursing-student-has-pq-ties/

Police Investigating Michelle Le Case As Homicide
KTVU
Updated: 10:13 pm PDT June 6, 2011

HAYWARD, Calif -- Hayward Police announced Monday evening that they were now investigating the disappearance of missing Bay Area nursing student Michelle Le as a homicide.

"We realize that this is the worst possible news that the family and friends or anyone would want to have, said Hayward Police Captain Darryl McAllister. "But despite everybody's hopes, our efforts for Michelle have now turned to efforts of recovery."

McAllister said evidence collected from Le's car, surveillance video from the parking garage at Kaiser Permanente hospital where she was last seen as well as information collected from search warrants and interviews all point to murder.

"All of these things that we've considered to make this determination, conclusively tell us that this is a homicide," said McAllister.

more...

police Capt. Darryl McAllister:
"We do believe someone specifically intended to go after Michelle," McAllister said. "This was not a case of a stranger jumping out of the bushes."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_18217638?source=most_viewed

Why, oh why.....my heart goes out to her family....

How did the killer know she'd be in the parking lot at that time? Did the killer call her out to the car on her break? I wonder if the cell phone records was revealing as to that.

I agree with you, TravelingBug, on the shockingness that the murder was done in the hospital parking garage, which is usually a busy place. And with it being only 7 o'clock, it wasn't yet dark! The audacity is disturbing.

My guess is that there will be an arrest when specific forensic evidence results are returned from the lab, if not sooner.

My guess is that there will be an arrest when specific forensic evidence results are returned from the lab, if not sooner.

That's what I think as well and, it's looking as if it's going to be GE and maybe an accessory or two after the fact.

police Capt. Darryl McAllister:
"We do believe someone specifically intended to go after Michelle," McAllister said. "This was not a case of a stranger jumping out of the bushes."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_18217638?source=most_viewed

Why, oh why.....my heart goes out to her family....

How did the killer know she'd be in the parking lot at that time? Did the killer call her out to the car on her break? I wonder if the cell phone records was revealing as to that.

I agree with you, TravelingBug, on the shockingness that the murder was done in the hospital parking garage, which is usually a busy place. And with it being only 7 o'clock, it wasn't yet dark! The audacity is disturbing.

That's what I was wondering. Either Michelle was stalked, or more likely, she received a phone call or text message from the killer asking her to meet them during the break. I wonder if the killer specifically asked Michelle to meet he/she in the parking garage, or if Michelle said to them, "meet me in the garage?" I would NEVER, EVER meet someone in a parking garage, but if she knew the person and felt comfortable with them, then I guess I could understand this. I also think it's a possibility that she was stalked and the killer could have been lying in wait for her. I guess cell phone records would reveal this.

I'm confused about the car. Did the killer drive her car out of the garage? This is a bit unclear to me. I was under the impression that the car had been moved. Now that I hear of a homicide, I wonder who drove her car? From what we've been given by the police, it kind of sounds like she may have been killed in the parking garage.

It would seem to me that there absolutely has to be an accomplice, if this is GE.

There is no way in this wide green world that I would meet with someone who "openly hates" me, let alone in a parking garage, while at school. I would meet a friend at my car during a break (and have), while at school, in a parking lot. But a good friend, not someone who openly hates me.

If this is GE, and I may be changing my mind (LOL), then it was not she who called and asked for the meet (if that happened).

The only way I see that it could be GE is that if Michelle didn't know she was there, went to her car to get a book/whatever, and was accosted by GE at that point.

I just don't know anymore...I just don't know.

Best-
Herding Cats

It would seem to me that there absolutely has to be an accomplice, if this is GE.

There is no way in this wide green world that I would meet with someone who "openly hates" me, let alone in a parking garage, while at school. I would meet a friend at my car during a break (and have), while at school, in a parking lot. But a good friend, not someone who openly hates me.

If this is GE, and I may be changing my mind (LOL), then it was not she who called and asked for the meet (if that happened).

The only way I see that it could be GE is that if Michelle didn't know she was there, went to her car to get a book/whatever, and was accosted by GE at that point.

Best-
Herding Cats

That's kind of what I'm leaning toward. Although, if she was just getting a book, I find it odd that she took her phone; unless she saw that she had a voice mail on her phone when the class' break began. It seems to me that she may have encountered someone lying in wait for her. If GE called and wanted to meet her, I cannot imagine why Michelle would have agreed to meet with someone who hated her in a parking garage. That's really odd IMO. That's why I'm starting to think that someone was lying in wait for her. It will be interesting to hear more whenever the police decide to make details public.

Best-
Herding Cats

Michelle's aunt said that Michelle didn't believe that evil exists in the world (something like that) in other words, she was very naive and trusting.

Perhaps GE had somehow made her believe that things were resolved between them and invented some reason why Michelle needed to meet her in the parking lot. Such as, I need the book you borrowed or whatever.

It's hard to figure out, because we don't know to what extent they were still in touch--and if they weren't, how would GE know where Michelle was, and when?

If indeed Michelle was an excessively trusting person, she may well have responded if this woman called her and asked her for a meeting, knowing she had nothing to hide. I am guessing phone records will be important. LE latched onto their POI rather quickly in this case.

I believe this to be an isolated incident, a vengeful plot against Michelle over some perceived issue involving a male. I wonder if the male is involved in the crime or the disposal of Michelle's body. I do hope someone is talking by now and that we hear Michelle is found very soon.

If the car was the crime scene that made LE declare this a homicide, I would imagine her family has known since the car was discovered that someone had been gravely injured at the very least. I don't want to imagine what the car looked like for LE to be so certain she was killed.

Best-
Herding Cats

bolded by me.

Do you suppose they had a mutual acquaintance who might have set this up?

I agree with you, there's no way in the world I'd meet with someone who openly hated me in a parking garage--or probably anywhere else, for that matter! I'd stay as far away from them as possible.

bolded by me.

Do you suppose they had a mutual acquaintance who might have set this up?

I agree with you, there's no way in the world I'd meet with someone who openly hated me in a parking garage--or probably anywhere else, for that matter! I'd stay as far away from them as possible.

Unless she was terribly trusting (and I don't know if she was or not...), the only way I can see this happening is that someone they both knew made the call...if there was a call. It had to be a third party who was complicit in this, I think; but then again, I'm not even sure we know there was a call.

Hopefully, we will know more soon, and can bring Michelle home to her family.

Best-
Herding Cats

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/123300198.html
Le was last seen May 27, when the Merritt College nursing student took a work break during a clinical rotation shift at a Hayward, Calif., hospital and never returned. In addition to evidence from her car and the video surveillance system, police said Le's cellphone records and items collected during search warrants also pointed to homicide.

The family is holding onto hope that ML is still out there, alive, and in need of rescue.

“Until the Hayward Police Department can offer conclusive and definite proof – otherwise we will continue to believe that she, Michelle, is still alive and needs to be rescued.”

"“They just said the same thing they told the public – they just said compelling evidence. They didn’t specify any reason at all,” Michael said."

Guess they weren't told any more than what we now know.

Who can blame the family for continued hope? I'd probably feel the same..

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28160459/detail.html

I wonder if something happened at the hospital. Kaiser hospital has been mum. Not a peep. They didn't even chip in for the reward. You have the school coming out and speak but not the hospital. This hospital is part of a large medical group. I think half of my office has them for the health provider.

So it would in their best interest to keep a low profile if something went down on the grounds or if it were a member of their staff involved. Where is the video of her in the hospital? Or her leaving the hospital? The car was moved only a few blocks away, 5 min walk back to the hospital. Hospital staff involved? Did they check the hospital's dumpsters?

Did they search the hospital? Anne Le was stuffed in a wall at Yale by a colleague.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back