GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was not able to go to the vigil but it looked like a lovely tribute. Michael and Krystine broke my heart though. I forget where I read that they do not consider this "closure". I can understand that - they now have to suffer through the trial. Is there ever really any closure for any of these families?

And I see GE wants bail? I HOPE the judge denies this. She is a threat to society. Too many incidents of violence and bizarre behavior!!!

Good to see you here, DLynn. I didn't hear Krystine in t.v. reports on the vigil , but the vigil was one of the first things I heard on the morning news when I woke up. Tears sprang to my eyes to hear the pain in Michael's voice. I just feel so badly for the Le family. It was all so senseless. I don't think these families ever get any closure.

GE wants bail? nO NO NO --they can't let her out! Can you imagine what harm she might do?

One thing I can tell you, Google Earth is NOT constantly updated. I know for a fact based on viewing the changes in landscaping around my own home, they are usually about 6 months out of date. I doubt you could get results for a certain date and have it be accurate as to what vehicles were there. They would have have to have been filming at the exact time, and Michelle was kidnapped at night.
Also, I'll check with my husband who works for AT&T, but I don't believe cell towers track vehicles...
A criminalist I talked to a few months ago told me water is a very destructive element to decomp, apparently heat is too...
I think you're going to have to wait for the results of LE's investigation or the trial to get the rest of your answers, this case is not a Forensic Files/Snapped/Investigators show yet.
Quoting myself to respond: A cell tower can only narrow the range of an area where a cell phone has been, like within a 1 mile radius. It CANNOT track a vehicle, nor can it pinpoint a body. This information comes directly from an AT&T employee who works in the cellular division.

What you do is trace the pattern i.e. it registered off of this tower then this tower then
it stopped at this tower for 3 hours or the last ping was off of this tower.
Onstar can pinpoint a vehicle, lojack can pinpoint a vehicle, and I believe they can trace
fastraK. to a area. Did any of the vehicles have a tracking device i.e. Onstar etc.
Satellites' are circling the earth all the time most of them if you want to see true time
you have to pay for the service.
At the time of her disappearance it was still light.

What you do is trace the pattern i.e. it registered off of this tower then this tower then
it stopped at this tower for 3 hours or the last ping was off of this tower.
Yes, they can track the nearest cell tower by the cell phone pings if it is on, but that does not track the vehicle, nor does it pinpoint the location of the body- Only within a certain radius of the cell tower, perhaps like a mile...

Was her cell phone found? I don't recall any news of that.

Just thinking out loud.

I am one of those people that come up with ideas and never follow through with 90 % of them.
On one of the articles I read it said Michelles brother was having a tough time with closure.
I thought about placing a marker on Sunol Road across from the site where she was found. I think people need a place to go to when they want to remember someone.
You cant really get to the area where she was found very easy, But if you put the marker on Sunol road I think that would give people a chance to put a flower, a poem etc.(not Candles because of the trees.)
I had thought of doing this, I was going to put a square sign pole(they have holes on them so people could add things) paint it gold drop it into a hole put 25 lbs of concrete around it and put a painted sunflower on top. Now this would have to be off the road so no one would hit it with a car.
I thought a sunflower because I don't know what religion Michelle was and sunflowers always bring a smile to everyone's face.
This is probably totally Illegal, Just thinking out loud.

Mox, I think it's lovely. For me I would love for it to be somewhere that Michelle liked or loved, a happy place, but that's just me.

Mox, I think it's lovely. For me I would love for it to be somewhere that Michelle liked or loved, a happy place, but that's just me.

It would be great to have some kind of memorial to her at a beautiful, happy place--maybe a tree planted in her honor somewhere she loved? Sunflowers are nice, too, as Mox suggested--they make people smile.

I don't know the laws on roadside memorials in that particular county...but moo- I say go for it anyway. :)

We did for Shaniya Davis (against the law here, because it was roadside) but the community and LE was- and is- totally ok with it. If that makes any sense?

Bless your heart for thinking of this- whether you choose to do so or not.

Just thinking out loud.

I am one of those people that come up with ideas and never follow through with 90 % of them.
On one of the articles I read it said Michelles brother was having a tough time with closure.
I thought about placing a marker on Sunol Road across from the site where she was found. I think people need a place to go to when they want to remember someone.
You cant really get to the area where she was found very easy, But if you put the marker on Sunol road I think that would give people a chance to put a flower, a poem etc.(not Candles because of the trees.)
I had thought of doing this, I was going to put a square sign pole(they have holes on them so people could add things) paint it gold drop it into a hole put 25 lbs of concrete around it and put a painted sunflower on top. Now this would have to be off the road so no one would hit it with a car.
I thought a sunflower because I don't know what religion Michelle was and sunflowers always bring a smile to everyone's face.
This is probably totally Illegal, Just thinking out loud.

For those who didn't listen to the radio show last Sunday:

Brad Dennis from Klaas Kids started by thanking all of you who helped them in the search for Michelle Le. :grouphug:

Just wondering if they have GE under suicide watch.
Would be terrible if she killed herself before she answered some questions.

This morning I was sure I caught the tail end of one of those news "banners" that run at the lower part of the tv screen and it said something about GE being due back in court today. However, they never discussed it again and I can't seem to find any link to back this up....maybe eventually this news will be online. The channel was KTVU-2 in the Bay Area.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/29572342/detail.html

There is the KTVU link.

HAYWARD -- A hearing in the case of a Union City woman accused of murdering nursing student Michelle Le was delayed Monday because she wants to have a new lawyer appointed.

"Andrea Auer, told Alameda County Superior Court Judge Gary Picetti that Esteban now wants to fire her and have another attorney appointed to represent her at the public's expense."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/29572342/detail.html

There is the KTVU link.

HAYWARD -- A hearing in the case of a Union City woman accused of murdering nursing student Michelle Le was delayed Monday because she wants to have a new lawyer appointed.

"Andrea Auer, told Alameda County Superior Court Judge Gary Picetti that Esteban now wants to fire her and have another attorney appointed to represent her at the public's expense."

Thanks, Jedi!
I wonder why GE wants to fire Ms. Auer???

She was denied the change of counsel.

A couple of quotes from the latest article I could find:

"The motion to change her court-appointed counsel was heard in private, after which Alameda County Superior Court Judge Gary Picetti announced that it had been denied and Andrea Auer will continue to represent Esteban."

"Esteban's next court date is Dec. 2, when she is scheduled to enter a plea."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19189925

Guess we may not be hearing anything further for a while, then...

"After its tragic loss earlier this year, the family of slain nursing student Michelle Le has decided to continue its “Mission Michelle” search campaign to help other Bay Area families.

In a statement released Wednesday, Krystine Dinh, Le’s cousin and spokesperson for the family, announced that the search team would operate under the arm of the KlaasKids Foundation, who aided in their efforts, to help others “manage the nightmare that we went through and are continuing to go through.”"

Michelle's family is very special, aren't they. She would be so proud of them for their giving spirit...

http://sanmateo.patch.com/articles/slain-nursing-student-s-family-expands-mission-michelle-to-help-others-687e018c

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19456748

Giselle Esteban's attorney made the announcement after a court appearance today in Hayward, where a plea entry in the case was delayed until Jan. 6.

Andrea Auer said her client "recently had a healthy baby" but wanted to maintain privacy around the birth. She didn't release any more details about the baby or Esteban's condition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back