CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Father is on JVM tonight. Some new info from him:

She had money, her bank card was found in the car (and money was in the bank available to her). She wasn't drunk. Amount of pot was so small it could not be analyzed.

It is now a "tit for tat" with the Sheriff's office. They are playing the mother again him, they are not cooperating. LAPD found out with their experts that she had a mental breakdown, even reading her diary to evaluate her behavior, showed signs she was regressing. Nine witnesses and her mother said something was wrong with her. Mitrice was found in someone else's car at Geoffrey's before she even entered the restaurant.

He sounds very knowledgeable about the 5150 hold in CA. Says it is not up to them to decide on it. With witness statements such as the those they had with Mitrice, the cops are to take the person to a facility for evaluation by professionals. Cops only get 1 hr of mental health eval training and they need more!!!

Search is on for this weekend, the 28th, volunteers needed:

http://www.findmitrice.info/search-team-info

Father is on JVM tonight. Some new info from him:

She had money, her bank card was found in the car (and money was in the bank available to her). She wasn't drunk. Amount of pot was so small it could not be analyzed.

It is now a "tit for tat" with the Sheriff's office. They are playing the mother again him, they are not cooperating. LAPD found out with their experts that she had a mental breakdown, even reading her diary to evaluate her behavior, showed signs she was regressing. Nine witnesses and her mother said something was wrong with her. Mitrice was found in someone else's car at Geoffrey's before she even entered the restaurant.

He sounds very knowledgeable about the 5150 hold in CA. Says it is not up to them to decide on it. With witness statements such as the those they had with Mitrice, the cops are to take the person to a facility for evaluation by professionals. Cops only get 1 hr of mental health eval training and they need more!!!

Search is on for this weekend, the 28th, volunteers needed:

http://www.findmitrice.info/search-team-info

Thank you so much for this update. I was just thinking about Mitrice.

It definitely sounds as if she had been spiraling downward for awhile before the night she went missing. I wish LE had been more diligent in their duties. I've always tended to believe she has been wandering the streets of L.A., unable to contact her family due to her mental state. But lord only knows what happened to her after they turned her out into the world, alone, in the middle of the night. Idiots.

I am clicking on the email to search this weekend but they say the mail client is not properly installed. I am close to Malibu and I can do this, so I am more than happy too. If anyone here can give me some instructions it would be appreciated.

This is really sad and ridiculous that the LE put her out there on that mountain in the middle of the night...just absurd

I had hopes she would be found but as time goes on that seems less likely

I hope her family can get things moving , maybe a civil law suit against the sherrif's office or ??

I am clicking on the email to search this weekend but they say the mail client is not properly installed. I am close to Malibu and I can do this, so I am more than happy too. If anyone here can give me some instructions it would be appreciated.
\\

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Find-Mitrice-Richardson/149293545705?ref=ts
Volunteers needed to participate in search on Sunday March 28th from
noon to 4pm. You can volunteer to search in a location closet to you
for any amount of time you are available. Please visit
www.findmitrice.info for more information or email
mitricefund@gmail.com.

Info from FB Find Mitirice Richardson page...

Issues with JVM has coverage tonight with Matrice's Mother.

Issues with JVM has coverage tonight with Matrice's Mother.

I watched JVM and the interview. I have followed this case from the beginning and I learned a couple of new facts.

One thing was that Mitrice's mom said she has seen the video from the police station and it shows Mitrice in distress and that
an officer left the building just minutes after Mitrice.

Sorry.No link found. Yet.

I watched JVM and the interview. I have followed this case from the beginning and I learned a couple of new facts.

One thing was that Mitrice's mom said she has seen the video from the police station and it shows Mitrice in distress and that
an officer left the building just minutes after Mitrice.

Sorry.No link found. Yet.

oh, i have worried about this from the beginning(cop involvement)... but the family, especially the father has been very "vocal" about the police station and all that he felt they did wrong that night ... wonder why we are just now hearing about the video from the station... it was my understanding that the video didnt exist because the recorder was "broken" or that is what the p.d. had said... and now there is a tape... this does not sound good. :( thanx dreamweaver for the new facts... :)

IMO, LE should have never let any woman walk out the door in the middle of the nite the way they did Mitrice. :furious:

Just because one is "free to go" does not make it safe to go....I certainly would not want to be "free to go" in downtown Austin in the middle of the nite w/ no phone, wrong clothes for the weather, etc....or anywhere else for that matter.

Several posters have reiterated that they think law enforcement has an obligation to forcibly prevent an educated adult FEMALE from walking outside alone in the dark in the middle of the night after being legally determined to be technically free to leave.

From what I have read, Mitrice was never ordered out of the building. Indeed, she was invited to stay if she liked. As nice as it would be, police resources are not available to taxi arrested people back to their location of choice. I wouldn't want to be victimized while waiting for a cop who was tied up driving some arrested party home or back to the alleged crime scene.

Additionally, I am under the impression that Mitrice was released in a relatively upscale, crime free area--not some high-crime, dangerous area...not that I think it should make a difference in her right to leave.

I find it very interesting that some "woman's rights" advocate hasn't pointed this out. So, are posters (who appear to include adult women) saying that adult women shouldn't be allowed to walk around in the dark in the middle of the night in any neighborhood they choose? I personally wouldn't want to. I'm glad my husband literally doesn't allow me out alone in the dark wee hours.

However, I certainly have some lady friends that would be highly offended to be told their constitutional right to go at any hour they choose, on any public street or highway, was restricted solely because they were females.... And that the police should enforce such behavior on the ladies' part.

Indeed, men are statistically the perpetrators of crimes against women. Shouldn't THEY be the ones not allowed to go out in the dark wee hours?

I have one question about Mitrice's altered mental state. Drugs and alcohol will definitely make a person appear glassy eyed and stumble around. Is it widely recognized that a mental problem can impair a person's ability to walk straight? Sure, the eyes may appear troubled, wild, "altered", but her eyes really look chemically altered to me and witnesses stated she was actually stumbling.

Too bad the pot could not be tested. Even though she might have been under major mental stress, I suspect something was in that pot or in a drink she had that night.

She was alert enough to provide grandmother's phone number, but not clear enough to remember she had a bank card with access to thousands of dollars in the car? The restaurant staff really appeared to try to accomodate her by offering to stay late to wait for payment. Surely, they would have walked out to the car with her if they knew she had a means of payment available, no?

ETA: Wait, I'm confused. What was the final verdict on the location of the purse/bank card?

Respectfully snipped
I have one question about Mitrice's altered mental state. Drugs and alcohol will definitely make a person appear glassy eyed and stumble around. Is it widely recognized that a mental problem can impair a person's ability to walk straight? Sure, the eyes may appear troubled, wild, "altered", but her eyes really look chemically altered to me and witnesses stated she was actually stumbling.

It is my opinion that the issue was to let any person with an "altered mental state" whatever the cause out on the street alone. Not only because she was female. The same issue would arrise if it were a man and he was missing I believe.

Respectfully snipped

It is my opinion that the issue was to let any person with an "altered mental state" whatever the cause out on the street alone. Not only because she was female. The same issue would arrise if it were a man and he was missing I believe.

I agree. The unresolved question is "was Mitrice's mental state altered enough to rise to the level that police should have done more to pursue a legal mental hold". Drop by any jail. 99% of the people there at any random time definitely have a degree of "altered mental state". Just being arrested, even if you are innocent, can drive you into a temporary state of wild rage, sadness, confusion, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back