CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumping! Sorry but this whole thing is wrong. This needs more attention.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/mitrice_richardson_sightings_reported_20091025
snipped'
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information on Richardson's whereabouts.

Over the past few evenings, several South Los Angeles residents have said they saw Richardson, said Earl Ofari Hutchinson of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable.

They said they saw her at Manchester Avenue and Denker Street, Manchester and Western avenues and Florence and Western avenues, he said.
Hutchinson said several community members called a local radio show also claiming to have seen Richardson.

"We believe she may still be in the area," he said.

....more at link....

http://www.dailytitan.com/2009/10/csuf-alumnus-missing-for-a-month/

Hampton and Richardson’s family have not just left this case up to the Los Angeles Police Department; they have been staying active in the search for Richardson by organizing search parties almost every day. Members from surrounding communities have been more than willing to help out as well, Hampton said.
Chuck Knolls, a detective from the LAPD has been handling Richardson’s missing person’s case.
“We have been following up on all leads, and we have contacts with the community county-wide,” Knolls said.

more at link
the thing that bothers me so much about this case is the law enforcement, and I say that with a very heavy heart.....My two beloved brothers are police officers in my community and my brother-in-law and uncle are police officers...i hold all officers in the deepest respect....but either someones personal judgement or a procedural protocol contributed to this beautiful girls dissaperance...obviously i know many, many police officers and they have many different personalities despite what people like to think... males who are in law enforcement tend not to let females in most conditions just "go off" on their own...they should have had a female officer bring her home, or to a "safe" location......I am sorry fr the rambling but this situation does not make common sense to me..when you leave a medical facility under some type of influence, you are not able to leve on your own, why would the police let her leave if she seemed under any type of stress, be chemical or mental......I will pray for her, her family and everyone involved.........

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mitrice2-2009nov02,0,241428.story

Girlfriend speaks. Thinks she is alive and scared.

Frustration grows as search for missing woman continues
By Corina Knoll
November 2, 2009

Family and friends of Mitrice Richardson, who disappeared Sept. 17, pass out fliers in South L.A. Her father says, 'I'm at a breaking point.'

In the month and a half since 24-year-old Mitrice Richardson left a sheriff's station near Malibu Canyon, her family and friends have passed out fliers, canvassed colleges and flagged down motorists. "Have you seen this woman?" they ask, holding up a photo of the Cal State Fullerton graduate.

On Sunday, the group gathered in South Los Angeles, where Richardson lived with her great-grandmother, to once again hand out leaflets with her picture. Among them was the missing woman's father, Michael Richardson, 42, who is now pressing authorities to release security footage from the night Richardson was taken into custody, believing it will prove that she was in no state to be discharged.

"I'm at a breaking point," he said.

Mitrice Richardson vanished after leaving the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Malibu/Lost Hills station Sept. 17 on foot with no purse or cellphone. She had been released shortly after midnight after being arrested on suspicion of failing to pay for her meal at Geoffrey's Malibu and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. Witnesses said Richardson behaved strangely that night, telling people she was from Mars.

Since then, several sightings have been reported, but none has panned out, LAPD Det. Steven Eguchi said last week, adding that no evidence of foul play had been found.

Tessa Moon, 25, who has dated Richardson for two years, said she believes her girlfriend is alive and scared. "If I could tell her anything right now, it would be 'Don't be afraid. We're coming,' " she said.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Richardson's whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call (213) 485-2531.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything new recently? This woman did not just fall off of the face of the Earth. She has to be somewhere out there.

I believe we can help find her! Go here for more info. This poor girl just vanished from a police station at 1 am. Apparently she had been acting uncharacteristically all day:

http://BRINGMITRICEHOME.ORG/

The "other" thread has a story that was recently published. I don't think she was taken either. After everything I've read, taking a break and just pondering, and then returning to the facts, I think she is alive and that this whole case is a very sad situation for everyone involved.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...0,241428.story

Girlfriend speaks. Thinks she is alive and scared.

Frustration grows as search for missing woman continues
By Corina Knoll
November 2, 2009

Family and friends of Mitrice Richardson, who disappeared Sept. 17, pass out fliers in South L.A. Her father says, 'I'm at a breaking point.'

In the month and a half since 24-year-old Mitrice Richardson left a sheriff's station near Malibu Canyon, her family and friends have passed out fliers, canvassed colleges and flagged down motorists. "Have you seen this woman?" they ask, holding up a photo of the Cal State Fullerton graduate.

On Sunday, the group gathered in South Los Angeles, where Richardson lived with her great-grandmother, to once again hand out leaflets with her picture. Among them was the missing woman's father, Michael Richardson, 42, who is now pressing authorities to release security footage from the night Richardson was taken into custody, believing it will prove that she was in no state to be discharged.

"I'm at a breaking point," he said.

Mitrice Richardson vanished after leaving the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Malibu/Lost Hills station Sept. 17 on foot with no purse or cellphone. She had been released shortly after midnight after being arrested on suspicion of failing to pay for her meal at Geoffrey's Malibu and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. Witnesses said Richardson behaved strangely that night, telling people she was from Mars.

Since then, several sightings have been reported, but none has panned out, LAPD Det. Steven Eguchi said last week, adding that no evidence of foul play had been found.

Tessa Moon, 25, who has dated Richardson for two years, said she believes her girlfriend is alive and scared. "If I could tell her anything right now, it would be 'Don't be afraid. We're coming,' " she said.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Richardson's whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call (213) 485-2531.

Thank you for the update. This is one of the stories that bothers me and I really hope that she's found soon.

Does anyone know why Mitrice wasn't given her personal belongings when she left the jail? I got arrested once (for jumping a subway turnstile - thanks Guiliani!) and when I was booked they took my purse, phone, etc., but when released all that stuff was returned to me. I'm pretty sure that's standard practice. Or was Mitrice not officially released, and if not, how in the world was she able to just walk out? They keep a very close eye on you in these places. I sense a lawsuit.

I think LE had something to do with Mitrice's disappearance. I wish the lawsuit would start now so LE would get busy finding out what happened to this young lady. I also would supena (sp?) all footage from the police department. LE says their cameras were broken and I just find that too convenient!

They need to ante up here. I'm will to bet she never left that substation and if she did, she didn't get far.

All just my opinion of course,

Salem

Does anyone know why Mitrice wasn't given her personal belongings when she left the jail? I got arrested once (for jumping a subway turnstile - thanks Guiliani!) and when I was booked they took my purse, phone, etc., but when released all that stuff was returned to me. I'm pretty sure that's standard practice. Or was Mitrice not officially released, and if not, how in the world was she able to just walk out? They keep a very close eye on you in these places. I sense a lawsuit.
------------------------------------------------------

I think, but am not sure, that those things were in her car, which was impounded.

------------------------------------------------------

I think, but am not sure, that those things were in her car, which was impounded.

dreamweaver, I think I remember reading that as well... if we're mistaken about that, it would be strange for her not to have her items

the speculations about LE being involved could be fruitful. it also seems like a very dangerous time/place for a young woman to be out alone, so it could have involved a crime of opportunity.

some posts on here also mentioned that M had posted or said some odd things recently- could she have had some kind of mental health episode that caused her to not know who she was. it would be very stressful to be arrested-- then walking in the dark? very disorienting! i'm just saying that perhaps there is hope that she is out there, but doesn't know who she is or how to contact her loved ones. maybe the homeless organizations could help?

i'm hoping for her safe return.... this is such a sad situation!

Bumping for Mitrice. I believe this woman is alive somewhere and in need of assistance. Please let them find her!

Bumping for Mitrice. I believe this woman is alive somewhere and in need of assistance. Please let them find her!

I really hope that Mitrice is alive. I hope that she's just lost and confused. Sometimes you come across a case that really bothers you and this case has bothered me since day one. Maybe it's the strange circumstances of her disappearance, maybe it's because she looks like Chima Simone from my favorite show Big Brother, maybe it's because like my sister she's gay, maybe it's all of the above, but whatever it is I really feel for her and her family. I wish I lived in the area so I could take her picture to homeless shelters, free clinics, hospitals, etc. The circumstances of her disappearance make me wonder if something happened to her at or after she left the police station but with all of the sightings of her I'm holding out hope that she's okay. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's found alive and well. We need to get her picture out there so people can be on the look out for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back