CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I strongly believe a member of LE is involved in Matrice's disappearance and death. And the shoddy work done by LE in this case make me think they don't want to dig further, because they suspect it is one of their own :(

I think that I would appreciate LE more fully if they would take this case seriously and IF it is one of them, they would treat the perp just like anyone else. Heck, members of every profession commit crimes - doctors, lawyers, mechanics, therapists, clergy, etc. There is no way to know - if there was, we could catch them before they acted. It's like that MJ song - one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, but it does need to be taken out of the mix, kwim?

Salem

ETA: I sent a thank you to the Editor for the update on the story.

I totally agree with you, Salem. That possibility has bothered me from the very beginning. The whole case has had the stench of a cover-up from day one.

I sincerely hope the FBI can determine what truly happened and provide justice to Mitrice and her family.

Was it ever reported that the remains that had been found before weren't complete?

Was it ever reported that the remains that had been found before weren't complete?

Not specifically. I know I assumed as much since people kept going back and finding more bones.

It's just one slap in the face after another for Mitrice and her family. Everyone involved from the night she went missing until now should be ashamed.

Sadly, I very much doubt that is the case.

More remains believed to be those of Mitrice Richardson are found in Malibu search

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...itrice-richardson-found-in-malibu-search.html

Dear God, what on earth were those crime scene people DOING that they did not find all of her remains all those months ago?

This is so sad, so unbelievable, and so totally uncalled for.

My heart goes out to Mitrice's family--their pain and suffering just goes on and on, with one more devastating blow after another.

I won't bash law enforcement out there, but something is definitely not right somewhere.

That article states that the reason the sheriff's deputies moved her remains without the approval of the coroner was because they were afraid animals would come in and move or remove the remains before morning.

So, why did they not secure the scene by posting someone there overnight? They could have done something to ensure that her remains were not going anywhere before the following morning--besides, they had already lain there for 11 months before they were even found.

I have yet to understand why they felt the need to move them anyway--they said it was because the location was too difficult for the coroner to reach. So how do they explain the fact that her middle-aged mother (no disrespect intended nor implied) has been able to get to the exact spot where she laid for all those months? How do they explain how she was even found if no one could reach the location?

One of my son's best friends works at Lost Hills Station. I have asked him about this case several times, and I have kind of a different slant on it because of what he has said.

In a nutshell, once they got Mitrice back to the station, and she calmed down, and the Restaurant Geoffrey's decided not to press any charges, the cops decided to simply give her an infraction ticket for the pot in her car. So she was no longer under arrest.

At this point she wanted to leave. The officer who was working with her one on one at this point is a black female officer who works that station. She tried very hard to keep Mitrice inside the building. She suggested several times that Mitrice wait in the lobby, which is quite comfortable and safe. This is a very small station, in a very quiet part of town. Even if she had sat on the front lawn she would have been very safe and secure until her mother arrived.
This officer asked her to wait for her mother to pick her up, but that was exactly what Mitrice did not want to happen. She wanted to avoid her parents, and she DEMANDED to be set free if she was not under arrest. Just because somebody has their car impounded, that does not make it legal for the police to keep a grown woman in custody. She had every right to leave the premises.
I have seen some posts here saying she was dumped out or thrown out--that is not how it was imo. She had every legal right to leave and she DEMANDED her civil and legal rights and she did NOT want to be around when her family arrived.

She , according to what our friend said, did not exhibit any mental health issues at the time she was being interviewed for release. The police felt that she was drunk and high earlier in the restaurant incident, but after the charges were dropped, and she rested in custody for a few hours, she was good to go. She was given the use of the phone and as far as they knew she had set up a ride for herself. That is what she told the officers before she left. They had no reason to doubt her. It is the way most released citizens do it--call a friend and get a ride home.
It is unfortunate that she was probably having a bi-polar high, and so she just took off on a rampage and ended up in the woods. It is quite possible she met up with some psyvchos in the woods, but I don't think we can blame LE for that. They gave her some solid options, and she refused. But she was a grown woman who was no longer under arrest. And she used all of her focus and strength to convince them that she was fine and that she had a ride and wanted to leave. I think it is wrong to blame them just because she didn't want to be there when her parents arrived.

I really do not think that any of the officers at Lost Hills Station harmed her. I just don't.
But I could be wrong.

That article states that the reason the sheriff's deputies moved her remains without the approval of the coroner was because they were afraid animals would come in and move or remove the remains before morning.

So, why did they not secure the scene by posting someone there overnight? They could have done something to ensure that her remains were not going anywhere before the following morning--besides, they had already lain there for 11 months before they were even found.

I have yet to understand why they felt the need to move them anyway--they said it was because the location was too difficult for the coroner to reach. So how do they explain the fact that her middle-aged mother (no disrespect intended nor implied) has been able to get to the exact spot where she laid for all those months? How do they explain how she was even found if no one could reach the location?

You make an excellent point. I would love an explanation.

i really dont blame the officers at the police station and I never have. I do blame the LE that messed up during her search and the way it was handles afterwards. i dunno if MR was murdered or what. I'm on the fence about that one.

One of my son's best friends works at Lost Hills Station. I have asked him about this case several times, and I have kind of a different slant on it because of what he has said.

In a nutshell, once they got Mitrice back to the station, and she calmed down, and the Restaurant Geoffrey's decided not to press any charges, the cops decided to simply give her an infraction ticket for the pot in her car. So she was no longer under arrest.

At this point she wanted to leave. The officer who was working with her one on one at this point is a black female officer who works that station. She tried very hard to keep Mitrice inside the building. She suggested several times that Mitrice wait in the lobby, which is quite comfortable and safe. This is a very small station, in a very quiet part of town. Even if she had sat on the front lawn she would have been very safe and secure until her mother arrived.
This officer asked her to wait for her mother to pick her up, but that was exactly what Mitrice did not want to happen. She wanted to avoid her parents, and she DEMANDED to be set free if she was not under arrest. Just because somebody has their car impounded, that does not make it legal for the police to keep a grown woman in custody. She had every right to leave the premises.
I have seen some posts here saying she was dumped out or thrown out--that is not how it was imo. She had every legal right to leave and she DEMANDED her civil and legal rights and she did NOT want to be around when her family arrived.

She , according to what our friend said, did not exhibit any mental health issues at the time she was being interviewed for release. The police felt that she was drunk and high earlier in the restaurant incident, but after the charges were dropped, and she rested in custody for a few hours, she was good to go. She was given the use of the phone and as far as they knew she had set up a ride for herself. That is what she told the officers before she left. They had no reason to doubt her. It is the way most released citizens do it--call a friend and get a ride home.
It is unfortunate that she was probably having a bi-polar high, and so she just took off on a rampage and ended up in the woods. It is quite possible she met up with some psyvchos in the woods, but I don't think we can blame LE for that. They gave her some solid options, and she refused. But she was a grown woman who was no longer under arrest. And she used all of her focus and strength to convince them that she was fine and that she had a ride and wanted to leave. I think it is wrong to blame them just because she didn't want to be there when her parents arrived.

I really do not think that any of the officers at Lost Hills Station harmed her. I just don't.
But I could be wrong.

I very much appreciate your insights and thank you for sharing this with us here. It certainly seems plausible and may very well have happened just this way.

With all due respect though, I wouldn't consider this account to be objective. The PD is obviously under fire for the way Mitrice the person and Mitrice the missing person were handled. This latest news about additional remains being found months later just breaks my heart. Not only the indignity of it, but also the fact that it seems so unlikely that Mitrice's fate will ever be determined. If she was killed at the hands of another, I fear they will never be caught and Mitrice and her family will never have justice.

It's just so sad and seems to get sadder as time goes on.

This is being covered on Nancy Grace right now. Her mom is on the show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back