CA CA - Modesto, WhtFem #UP58456,"Frosty Austin," Oct'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We seem to have a mini-series brewing here! I love it!

jmho ymmv lrr

Hahahaha. Fantasy is a blessing.

I was looking at this picture again. Somehow this dress looks like a traditional costume from another country. Or is this just me fantasizing? :)

Original

Hahahaha. Fantasy is a blessing.

I was looking at this picture again. Somehow this dress looks like a traditional costume from another country. Or is this just me fantasizing? :)

re: costume -- maybe. Is that a mark on her forehead, or do I need screencleaner?

Such a case, and so far we really have no victim! (Yes, claims of a con, but no information.)

Maybe LE will throw is a few more dots to connect....

jmho ymmv lrr

re: costume -- maybe. Is that a mark on her forehead, or do I need screencleaner?

Such a case, and so far we really have no victim! (Yes, claims of a con, but no information.)

Maybe LE will throw is a few more dots to connect....

jmho ymmv lrr

I see a mark too, maybe a dirty picture.....don't know about the dress. At least I had a really wonderful trip around the world looking for a traditional costume that is looking like that. I've seen so much beauty. Marvelous costumes and wonderful people from all around the world.......amazing....filled my heart with joy....made my day.

Inspired drawing of the woman of mystery and intrigue...

"Her name was Frosty, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star
Tony always tended bar" - Copacabana

View attachment 296516

LOL Totally great! Also the song....I like it very much....just singing along.

Do we have a timeline for our lovely mystery lady?

When is she named in the bar raid? November 1986

When did she & Donald marry, per the annulment? 1992?

When did the grandson pass away? August 13, 2012

When did Donald file for the annulment? 2013

When did she enter the nursing home?

When did she pass away? October 6, 2018

When did Donald pass away?

Will a timeline show us any themes or trends (other than Barry Manilow)

upload_2021-5-9_15-8-41.jpeg
image from abcnews.go.com

Last edited:
Was there an autopsy done. I don't know the procedures for that. I wonder if Frosty had noticeable scars. Did she had any operations. Was there even somebody who visited her. Did she ever talked about having children or did an autopsy revealed that she had children or not?

Frosty Jan Austin - nee O'Malley

*Fake birth date given: 24, June 1950
Namus.gov has her listed as being born in 1958 or after (pre-60 in 2018)

April 16, 1984 - (*34 years old) Resides in Stockton, CA - zip code 95205
Recently divorced (17 Oct 1983) Donald G. Austin (56 years old at the time) shares same dates of occupancy, and zip code April 16, 1984 to November 15, 2007
Did Frosty have a friendship with Donald prior to his divorce? Did they meet at a local bar where she picked up her maiden name "Frosty O'Malley" at the age of 26 or younger?

May 1990 - Employee of La Bahia Restaurant (Stockton, CA?) -
Immigration status questioned.

1992 (?) - Marriage (?) to Donald (aka Don) Gordon Austin -
No marriage records found.

2013 - Annulment/Divorce Filed Petitioner: Donald G. Austin (86 years old)
Divorce/annulment pending status.

October 16, 2018 - Frosty Jan O'Malley Austin passes away.
No death records found for Donald G. Austin found, yet.

BTW...Frosty does look like she had a beak tweak and a space between her two front teeth, which was probably more noticeable when she was younger. And also, she looked like she smoked cigarettes... as always JMHO.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting thread. I have really enjoyed reading all of your findings. The teamwork here is awesome. I do believe you all will have this one solved soon, if you don’t already.

Ms. Frosty has 2 exclusions:
Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP14873Alexis Busch
Date of Last ContactApril 14, 2012
StateCA
CountySan Francisco
Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP43123Elizabeth Huffman
Date of Last ContactApril 06, 2017
StateCA
CountyAlameda

I believe I found a new address for Frosty in San Jose (per San Jose, CA unclaimed property website). Perhaps, this was a savings account before she was married?

Unfortunately, the address has since become a shopping center. In my search, I found this address used to be Pleasant Grove Trailer Park. I haven't found much more about when the trailer park was demolished (?). However, the last time this address was mentioned in newspapers and directories was 1989.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-212804_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-212804_Chrome.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 21
After being missing for seven months, Donna J Ambrose was reported to have went missing around November 1989 in Cleveland, OH. Twenty-nine years later, on October 6, 2018, this unidentified deceased female was found in Modesto, CA, appearing to conceal her identity.

These two people appear to be the same two people, with the unidentified now heavier, and older. Note that at times, both had reddish hair, whether natural, or dyed, and that their hair parts in the same place at the top.

These cases have been submitted to NamUs, and both investigating agencies.

ambrose.jpg

Donna J Ambrose
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
OH - Donna J. Ambrose, 33, Cleveland Ohio, 01 November 1989

Modesto, CA Unidentified Female

After being missing for seven months, Donna J Ambrose was reported to have went missing around November 1989 in Cleveland, OH. Twenty-nine years later, on October 6, 2018, this unidentified deceased female was found in Modesto, CA, appearing to conceal her identity.

These two people appear to be the same two people, with the unidentified now heavier, and older. Note that at times, both had reddish hair, whether natural, or dyed, and that their hair parts in the same place at the top.

These cases have been submitted to NamUs, and both investigating agencies.

View attachment 418358

Donna J Ambrose
OH - Donna J. Ambrose, 33, Cleveland Ohio, 01 November 1989

Modesto, CA Unidentified Female
Thank you for looking into this and submitting. I have a few reservations. The Namus file for the UID mentioned blue eyes (honestly in her pictures they look brown) Donna has brown eyes. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The other thing is the timeline. Donna went missing in 1989. I'm just wondering if and how the following could fit in Donna's story:

From timeline up thread.
April 16, 1984 - (*34 years old) Resides in Stockton, CA - zip code 95205
Recently divorced (17 Oct 1983) Donald G. Austin (56 years old at the time) shares same dates of occupancy, and zip code April 16, 1984 to November 15, 2007

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back