CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No worries, i just wanted to make it clear I'm not an apologist.

RW is not going to be named in this case at all. The statute of limitations has run out on anything he can be accused of. It would be neat though if the captain got nailed for something but I doubt it.

Also as to why they may have reopened the case, some have speculated to distract the public from the recent investigation by the ACLU for the LA Police tracking cell phones.

My bolding. Respectfully, I do not believe this is correct. There is no statute of limitations on any crime carrying a life sentence in California. This includes not only 1st degree murder but 2d degree and possibly other types of murder charges as well. Felony/Murder, Depraved Heart Murder, etc. There is even an embezzlement crime which carries a life sentence in CA, I believe, taking it out of reach of the statute of limitations.

Eve

That is true, but those charges are not likely. They can charge him with all sorts of things but his lawyer will have the charges thrown out before it even gets to court, so that's what I mean.

Does anyone have any blueprints of the yacht? Or diagrams? I want to see where everyone was sleeping.

When it comes to the sleuthing and TOS I'm not sure what is allowed so I won't say more about DD but I'm really beginning to think it points to him.

It's never made any sense to me to suggest that NW herself would try to deal with the dingy when there was a paid employee on the boat. When NW fell in the water the other boat reported hearing music on the Splendour so that tells me Captain was awake. He never reports falling asleep in his testimony.

I would imagine that it would make the most sense for NW to ask him to fix the dingy and if she wanted to leave the yacht I also think she would have asked him to take her.

Also as to the threatening note. I do hope they still have it. Because DD worked for RW at the time and could have had access to that mailbox as well.

If anyone has a layout of where everyone was sleeping I'd appreciate it.

My bolding. Respectfully, I do not believe this is correct. There is no statute of limitations on any crime carrying a life sentence in California. This includes not only 1st degree murder but 2d degree and possibly other types of murder charges as well. Felony/Murder, Depraved Heart Murder, etc. There is even an embezzlement crime which carries a life sentence in CA, I believe, taking it out of reach of the statute of limitations.

Eve

eve, with all due respect, I looked this up and believe it or not, there is no S/L on murder in CA but on manslaughter there is a 3 year S/L. I looked it up because it didn't seem right to me, either.

http://research.lawyers.com/California/California-Statutes-of-Limitations.html

Wonder why no one posted this.

http://rumorfix.com/2011/11/exclusi...rt-wagner-is-innocent-dennis-davern-is-lying/

EXCLUSIVE: Natalie Wood’s Sister Says Robert Wagner Is Innocent, Yacht Captain Is Lying
Posted on November 18th, 2011 at 9:29 am

Probably because Olga doesn't make much of a statement, and little sense to boot. We know, from the LE and Coast Guard response to that night that RW wasn't doing everything he could do to find her. Those agencies were perturbed with his delay in notifying them. Olga seems to be singing the same song she did way back then-- I trust Robert, why root around in the pain, just let it go.

Pfft

MOO

Fwiw, I didn't watch Davern's interview on TV, I didn't read any of the books cited here, I remember when it happened and how suspect it seemed at the time-- I've read the autopsy, the new witness statements asking for the case to be reopened, and a number of the articles posted here, and this entire thread. I don't think my opinion is skewed, and I don't trust RW as far as I could throw him. And that, is my own opinion-- not one that someone else provided me.

I hope the new investigation is thorough and detached from the allure of Hollywood (an allure that doesn't shine so bright these days, imo).

:cool:

eve, with all due respect, I looked this up and believe it or not, there is no S/L on murder in CA but on manslaughter there is a 3 year S/L. I looked it up because it didn't seem right to me, either.

http://research.lawyers.com/California/California-Statutes-of-Limitations.html

Well..there you have it. I do not believe they can find evidence after all this time to charge him with murder...so he walks. I do believe he was culpable in her death...perhaps after drugged, drunken fight...kicking her off the boat and not answering her cries. Perhaps from DV. Either way.

In an attempt to answer my own question about where they were drinking onboard, and where Natalie went, etc, I went back to a post by Kat which is a short video onboard the Splendour as it is today. It was very helpful. Mainly, it made me realize that they were in very cramped (IMO) quarters. The room where they were drinking and where RW smashed the wine bottle is like a living room, and the bedrooms are right off that. They don't show the bathroom. But Natalie's bedroom opens right out onto the deck where she would have gone to board a dinghy. One bedroom has bunkbeds and I assume that is where RW and I guess DD slept.
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/owner-...-celebrity/123

This second video is even more informative as to the layout of the boat: http://www.khon2.com/news/local/sto...Hollywood-mystery/oreXabcelEy6ke7mQD9qiw.cspx

Meant to have posted this earlier when the topic came up I think a lot of this has been said.

Only the daughters can say if he was good father. I wonder if he over compensated for the loss of their mother and perhaps his guilt for what happened or did he see too much of Natalie in them and treat them with the same contempt. Whatever , there must have been awkward questions asked as the children were growing up, must have been tense. But he kept them all together even the one that was not his , did he feel it would be easier to keep it under control , if she had been brought up by her father and had nothing to do RW, later on she too might have started questioning what really happened that night to her mother. Same as he kept Daverne close.

I want to know where DD was when RW came to him. The quarters are cramped which is also why i don't believe RW fought with NW in a major way, CW would have heard it. And he has not stated this.

I want to put together a timeline of why NW would go to the dingy. I do not believe that DD was sleeping.

So CW is sleeping, RW went in and NW had already gone in. NW comes back out and only DD is up and about.

That is true, but those charges are not likely. They can charge him with all sorts of things but his lawyer will have the charges thrown out before it even gets to court, so that's what I mean.

Does anyone have any blueprints of the yacht? Or diagrams? I want to see where everyone was sleeping.

When it comes to the sleuthing and TOS I'm not sure what is allowed so I won't say more about DD but I'm really beginning to think it points to him.

It's never made any sense to me to suggest that NW herself would try to deal with the dingy when there was a paid employee on the boat. When NW fell in the water the other boat reported hearing music on the Splendour so that tells me Captain was awake. He never reports falling asleep in his testimony.

I would imagine that it would make the most sense for NW to ask him to fix the dingy and if she wanted to leave the yacht I also think she would have asked him to take her.

Also as to the threatening note. I do hope they still have it. Because DD worked for RW at the time and could have had access to that mailbox as well.

If anyone has a layout of where everyone was sleeping I'd appreciate it.

Ummmm, re: statute of limitations---alrighty then :innocent:

Until we hear what the prosecution has, it is impossible to predict the possible charges or what the defense could get thrown out (or not). I agree it is unlikely evidence is solid after all these years.

My point was to put to rest the repeated assertion that the S/L precludes criminal charges against RW (or anyone else). Not so.

Analyzing whether it makes sense that NW would ask DD to fix the dinghy or fix it herself assumes she wanted the dinghy fixed in the first place. In the same way way we have not heard reports of fighting noise, we have heard no reports of a banging dinghy. From what I have read and my experience sailing and towing a dinghy, this kind of banging is unlikely when the dinghy is properly secured with two ropes. That being said, I agree, if the dinghy were a noise issue, I very much doubt she would have dealt with it herself. Just doesn't add up with her fears of the water and three men on the boat. Remember the banging dinghy idea was conjecture on RW and CW's part apparently, after the death, as to why she ended up in the water. I think it's really odd to accept that proposition any more than the proposition that they were fighting. RW has now admitted that they were fighting himself.

Who really retired first, I have heard conflicting reports. CW or NW? You indicated in one post that it was NW. So were RW and CW both drinking still (after making up, apparently) or sleeping when she was bothered by the dinghy and went out to fix it? DD said CW retired first. Where was RW just prior to discovering her "missing?" Sleeping somewhere else in the boat?

IIRC, the master stateroom opened up onto the back (stern) deck. This is significant, I think. The other sleeping quarters maybe were on the bowside? Please, someone who knows the layout for sure, post!

Also, I think it's possible the nearby boat's inhabitants slept through the fighting and even the music until one of them (the boyfriend) was awakened by the cries for help, which were possibly nearer their boat, as she struggled and drifted.

If, as you suggest, DD had something to do with NW's death, why would he write a book (2 years ago) and bring attention to the case again? Would the book money be worth the scrutiny if he was guilty? This is illogical to me.

Eve

I want to know where DD was when RW came to him. The quarters are cramped which is also why i don't believe RW fought with NW in a major way, CW would have heard it. And he has not stated this.

I want to put together a timeline of why NW would go to the dingy. I do not believe that DD was sleeping.

So CW is sleeping, RW went in and NW had already gone in. NW comes back out and only DD is up and about.

Having taken one quaalude in my lifetime, I can tell you that I was pssed out cold in 30. You could have had a jack hammer next to me and I would not have heard a thing. I also only had one beer. They had been drinking most of the day and all night. By their own admission. Add that to the quaalude and I am not surprised that CW "slept" through things.

The person who originally opined that NW went to "tie down the dingy" is the person with the most to lose.

Cazzie quote I'm sorry. I don't understand...can you please elaborate? Perhaps some elaboration and more punctuation...again, apologies.
Sorry, yes it does need to be clearer.
QUOTE Plumaria 5 I forgot who brought this up but it was a very good point. Why would RW want to stay on the boat with CW if they didn't really get along, while his wife and the captain stayed ashore? Just to move the boat?
What I was trying to say is that they did not move the boat until Natalie and Daverne came back to the boat from the island
quote After Natalie Wood cooked breakfast, the yacht was moved to the Isthmus
but I guess Plumaria knew that.

Ummmm, re: statute of limitations---alrighty then :innocent:

Until we hear what the prosecution has, it is impossible to predict the possible charges or what the defense could get thrown out (or not). I agree it is unlikely evidence is solid after all these years.

My point was to put to rest the repeated assertion that the S/L precludes criminal charges against RW (or anyone else). Not so.

Analyzing whether it makes sense that NW would ask DD to fix the dinghy or fix it herself assumes she wanted the dinghy fixed in the first place. In the same way way we have not heard reports of fighting noise, we have heard no reports of a banging dinghy. From what I have read and my experience sailing and towing a dinghy, this kind of banging is unlikely when the dinghy is properly secured with two ropes. That being said, I agree, if the dinghy were a noise issue, I very much doubt she would have dealt with it herself. Just doesn't add up with her fears of the water and three men on the boat. Remember the banging dinghy idea was conjecture on RW and CW's part apparently, after the death, as to why she ended up in the water. I think it's really odd to accept that proposition any more than the proposition that they were fighting. RW has now admitted that they were fighting himself.

Who really retired first, I have heard conflicting reports. CW or NW? You indicated in one post that it was NW. So were RW and CW both drinking still (after making up, apparently) or sleeping when she was bothered by the dinghy and went out to fix it? DD said CW retired first. Where was RW just prior to discovering her "missing?" Sleeping somewhere else in the boat?

IIRC, the master stateroom opened up onto the back (stern) deck. This is significant, I think. The other sleeping quarters maybe were on the bowside? Please, someone who knows the layout for sure, post!

Also, I think it's possible the nearby boat's inhabitants slept through the fighting and even the music until one of them (the boyfriend) was awakened by the cries for help, which were possibly nearer their boat, as she struggled and drifted.

If, as you suggest, DD had something to do with NW's death, why would he write a book (2 years ago) and bring attention to the case again? Would the book money be worth the scrutiny if he was guilty? This is illogical to me.

Eve

bolded by me.

eve, check my post #345, it has the link to a tour of the inside of the Splendour, (originally provided by Kat in another post)

The current owner of the boat stands in the wheel room (where they pilot the boat) and said that is where CW had retired to, and if there was music playing he would not have heard fighting in Natalie's suite which is directly below.

The original story in 1981 was that Natalie was the first to retire because she did not like the arguing and fighting. Supposedly Wagner and Walken remained. Now I think RW is saying that he smashed the wine bottle on the table and Natalie left because she was mortified and is he saying that Walken also retired? I'm not sure what he said about where Walken went. I don't understand why Walken stayed the whole weekend at all, given the unfriendly atmosphere.

Sorry, yes it does need to be clearer.

What I was trying to say is that they did not move the boat until Natalie and Daverne came back to the boat from the island

but I guess Plumaria knew that.

No, I didn't really realize that. I thought it was moved while Natalie and Davern were off the boat.

No, I didn't really realize that. I thought it was moved while Natalie and Davern were off the boat.

So the boat was moved to a more secluded spot? I thought Natalie didn't want it moved. I'm wondering how Natalie's cries for help were heard, then?

I don't understand why Walken stayed the whole weekend at all, given the unfriendly atmosphere.

That is what I find strange who was Walkin there for ? Was it originally arranged for them all to be there that weekend ? Why did he stay on the yacht while they were on the island if she was going to leave the next morning. Whose friend was he?

Having taken one quaalude in my lifetime, I can tell you that I was pssed out cold in 30. You could have had a jack hammer next to me and I would not have heard a thing. I also only had one beer. They had been drinking most of the day and all night. By their own admission. Add that to the quaalude and I am not surprised that CW "slept" through things.

The person who originally opined that NW went to "tie down the dingy" is the person with the most to lose.

See once again this isn't you. But once again DD stated he gave quaalude's to RW and also NW so why weren't they conked out cold as well?

Its this sort of reasoning that is irksome, stating one thing is true but only applying it to the things you want it to, instead of across the board.

In addition do you know who stated it first? Because I don't see Wagner documented as the first person to opine it.

As to the question of why he would want to bring it up if he was guilty. DD did not want to bring it up. He moved in with RW and moved on.

LANA WOOD wanted to bring it up. And if DD felt she was going to get it examined he may have felt that it was better to bolster her suspicions about RW rather than allowing it to play out.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. He creates his own alibi by confessing and writing the book.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/entertainment/popcast/8459706/nataliewoodcaseawasteoftime/

Natalie Wood Case: A Waste of Time?
By David Onda
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:51:49 GMT

There’s been no shortage of mystery surrounding the 1981 drowning of actress Natalie Wood. And now there appears to be a mystery as to why the investigation into her death has been reopened.

According to TMZ, the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office is confused over the sheriff department's decision, considering the improbability that anyone – namely, actor Robert Wagner – will be charged with a crime...

Video from Inside Edition report today: http://www.insideedition.com/videos/1207/video-ie-talks-to-natalie-woods-sister,-lana.aspx

http://xfinity.comcast.net/entertainment/popcast/8459706/nataliewoodcaseawasteoftime/

Natalie Wood Case: A Waste of Time?
By David Onda
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:51:49 GMT

There’s been no shortage of mystery surrounding the 1981 drowning of actress Natalie Wood. And now there appears to be a mystery as to why the investigation into her death has been reopened.

According to TMZ, the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office is confused over the sheriff department's decision, considering the improbability that anyone – namely, actor Robert Wagner – will be charged with a crime...

Video from Inside Edition report today: http://www.insideedition.com/videos/1207/video-ie-talks-to-natalie-woods-sister,-lana.aspx

It is a waste of time IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back