CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This also happened with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. She hated his family and refused to have anything to do with them. Over time it put a strain on the families and they lost all contact with Paul because of her. My husband is related to Paul Newman and I ask him a lot about Paul. His family doesn't speak highly about Joanne and said Paul changed after getting involved with her.

Thank you so much for the information. I believe he wanted Natalie out of the way but didn't want to deal with a divorce and that night on the boat filled his agenda. He used Christopher Walken as his scapegoat and possibly the final motive to get rid of Natalie. In my mind, he planned to get rid of her prior to that boat trip but needed the right setting and circumstances to get away with it. Guess he underestimated Dennis...

Wow, I didn't know that about Paul and Joanne. Maybe someday their daughters will reach out to his side of the family. They did seem like a wonderful couple but who knows what might have gone on behind closed doors.

It's also very telling that Wagner did not want Natasha's biological father, Richard Gregson, to be a part of her life, but he had visitation rights and Natalie wanted Natasha to have a relationship with her father, which she does to this day. She was very fortunate to have Gregson and his wife Julia and her half-siblings in her life. Unfortunately, Courtney hasn't been so lucky. She only has Wagner for a parent.

The night before when Natalie and Dennis Davern went ashore to a hotel after Natalie had argued with Wagner, it is my strong feeling that she was contemplating divorce. Even at their Thanskgiving party at the house before they went out on the Splendour, Lana and Maria could tell that something was bothering Natalie. She was trying to put up a front, but they could sense that something was off. Natalie told her hairdresser and friend Ginger Blymer that she was concerned about Wagner's drinking.

You could very well be right. His jealous behavior was not new to Natalie, and I think she'd had it. And the thought of her divorcing him was just something he would not have permitted.

Re: the photos you are very welcome! I love sharing, the pleasure is all mine!

Natchildyoung011_zpsbo2h11kb.jpg

nat50scandidcolortumblr_nlystonBsG1rn9r3ho1_500_zpshujiisf9.jpg

Natrebel_zpskajj3j69.jpg

natoldercat600full-natalie-wood_zpskmbsc2zi.jpg

Natalie and Richard Gregson (Natasha's father)
natgregson662e64223c60ae97857176a89402faea_zpszuruleev.jpg

Natasha and Courtney
natashacourtneyMV5BNTgxODk0OTMyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ1NjQ3Nw._V1_SX640_SY720__zps8ft7d4f9.jpg

"West Side Story" (1961)
NatWSScolorful_zps4fqad6r0.jpg

"The Burning Hills" (1956) with Tab Hunter
nattabburningT2eC16hHJIQE9qUHuznBQIb3k3kw60_57_zps6mhssksk.jpg

"Inside Daisy Clover" (1965)
natdaisycolorT2eC16hHJFoE9nh6qS4YBQNvdbuS-60_12_zps0n0eqlrp.jpg

"All The Fine Young Cannibals" (1960) with George Hamilton
natcannibalsATFYCsalometonywhiteembrace_zpsfuxnzyne.jpg

With James Garner in "Cash McCall" (1960)
natcashmccall282625525_o_zps9a9ma8mg.jpg

Natalie and Robert Redford in "This Property Is Condemned" (1966)
Natpropertycondemned032_zps3ybdk84w.jpg

"Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice" (1969) with Robert Culp, Elliott Gould and Dyan Cannon
natbctatumblr_lb3f470jqR1qce882o1_500_zpsqrsg6kwp.jpg

Publicity photo for "All The Fine Young Cannibals" (1960)
Natcannibalsreddresscolornormal_N_Wood_64_277575_zpsi1cuzbvj.jpg

"Splendor In The Grass" (1961) with Warren Beatty
natsplendorMV5BMTI5MjEwOTkyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzExNzQ2_002_zpsboqbwwnx.jpg

"West Side Story" (1961) with Richard Beymer
natWSS5373_0029_zpsv7hdtkea.jpg

"Sex And The Single Girl" (1964) with Tony Curtis
nattonyarjcq05huag7jrqg_zpsplynp9tz.jpg

"Marjorie Morningstar" (1958) with Gene Kelly
natmmKGrHqZiwFBMIl6wBQijmsmW60_12_zps6pubru3n.jpg

"Penelope" (1966) one of Natalie's most underrated movies
natpenelope3tybtnr9i3d09r3b_zpsl0treuxv.jpg

Natalie and Robert Redford at the premiere of "Inside Daisy Clover" (1965)
natredfordKGrHqFhME5oimoybpBOl68L7cg60_12_zpse8mm3lg2.jpg

With her friend Roddy McDowall. He called her "the prettiest girl I ever knew". He was also a pallbearer at her funeral
natroddy291569_zps1reukenc.jpg

nat50stumblr_l8zb5j6XhM1qbrdf3o1_500_zpsryr7guya.jpg

Found this yesterday; wonder how she feels after they changed her mothers death certificate

EXCLUSIVE: Courtney Wagner opens up on anniversary of mother Natalie Wood’s death By Hollie McKay
Published November 28, 2012
November 29 marks 31 years since Hollywood golden girl Natalie Wood drowned on a weekend trip to California’s Santa Catalina Island. And while one may assume the passage of time makes it easier to move on, her daughter Courtney Wagner – just seven when her mom died – says each anniversary of the tragedy is harder than the last.

Although an autopsy determined that Wood's death was an accident by drowning and hypothermia, several facts surrounding her death have consistently been called into question, and last November the homicide investigation was re-opened when a worker on the ship told reporters that a fight between Wood and Wagner led to her death, a notion deeply troubling to Courtney.

“There are certain people in our lives that continue to drudge up all this speculation and stories every year for no other reason than to indulge themselves,” she said.

I really hope there is some resolution to Natalie's case in the near future. I think it is pretty obvious this was not a simple accident. Even before the case was re-opened in 2011, I always questioned the "accident" ruling. Re the dinghy, aren't they tied with two ropes? It is a lot more difficult to separate the dinghy from the yacht if this is the case, even if she was drunk. Also, it is questionable at best that all the bruising she had on her body was from just falling into the water and/or trying to pull herself into the dinghy. I always wondered about what witnesses in the boats next to the Splendour heard. From what I recall they heard her yelling help and men saying we are coming to get you. Could that have been RW telling her they were coming then just waited until her cries stopped before going up to Davern? Also, I read that their cabin was a disaster when the police arrived. If that is true, it raises a lot of red flags. You would think RW would be smart enough to at least clean up. At the time he was a big TV star though so he did not get the police attention he would have had he been a regular guy, that's for sure. The whole thing smells bad for him. Ultimately, he won't even be buried next to her. Her gravestone has the name Wagner with the largest lettering too. RW's way of triumphing over her and her career? Anyways, she seemed like a good person and I love her movies so I hope questions are finally cleared up.

Kelly, you are reporting two things that I have never read before - and I have read a LOT over the years about this case. From the time it happened.

1.) Witnesses heard her crying "Help" and a male saying "We're coming to get you". What is the source of this?

2.) Their cabin was a mess when police came aboard. What is the source of this?

Thanks in advance.

Captain of yacht where Natalie Wood spent her final hours cashes in on its notoriety by auctioning off artefacts from the boat and pictures of the doomed star on board

Artefacts and pictures from the yacht called 'Splendour' are to be sold

The boat is where Hollywood star Natalie Wood spent her final hours

She fell overboard and drowned in November 1981 off Catalina Island

Lot is being sold by Dennis Davern, who was the skipper of the yacht

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pictures-doomed-star-board.html#ixzz3yLzAsY8R

Yeah he wasn't coming out about the story before as a cash grab at all.....it was all about "getting the truth out there."

I have to go back and read the thread, so I apologize, but I'm watching a show right now and I believe from watching this that she was drunk and fell in the water and drowned

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I have to go back and read the thread, so I apologize, but I'm watching a show right now and I believe from watching this that she was drunk and fell in the water and drowned

What show?

Throughout the thread and as the conversation continued, I started to realize that the captain had a lot more responsibility than people realize. Even though RW was the owner of the boat, Davern was a captain and had responsibilities as a captain. You don't just take a drivers licence test and voila they give you a captain's licence. And I think him not saying things until the statute of limitations ran out is a real indicator that he had more to do with this than he is saying.

One of the things I've noticed from watching police interrogations for so many years is that cops usually know something is wrong when the person changes their story. That just let's you know that everything they are saying from that point on is coming from a liar. At the same time, people do tell the truth at times after they have lied. Maybe they were scared etc. and then they tell the truth. So the main thing I'll look for in a liar that comes forward with the truth is if there are any holes in their story going forward. If a liar's new story doesn't add up, then chances are they are still lying.

For example, sometimes people can lie to themselves so much that they absolutely convince themselves of a certain narrative. So he may really have convinced himself that RW was this evil guy who knew his wife was in the water and let her drown. But when people do this, they tend to think they have covered all the bases. They have written out in their minds over the years the story and that's what they see in their minds when retelling the story. But the parameters of the LIE STORY, are only within what they have already thought of in their mind. It's a narrative.

Most of the time when you share a story from your past people don't ask you random details. They just listen to your story. But when we're talking about a crime police are going to jump on every detail. So what you can when he's being interviewed is him missing key details that he should know if it really happened. This is what makes me not believe his story.

It's also interesting to me that he said for years he wanted to come forward with the truth and no one would listen to him. Well Lana Wood always was suspicious. She had clout and power, why not go to her?

'Why won't you speak to the police?': Robert Wagner is confronted by the sister of his late wife Natalie Wood who drowned in mysterious circumstances after a party on his yacht 35 years ago

Robert Wagner confronted by sister of wife Natalie Wood who died in 1981

Actor, 86, seen talking to Lana Wood at a hotel in Palm Springs, California

Natalie Wood, 43, drowned after going overboard the 60ft yacht Splendour

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-circumstances-California.html#ixzz41rDGWVhi

It's called "Autopsy: the Last Hours of Natalie Wood" on Reelz Channel. Interesting.

I watched this too, and I'm inclined to believe it was an intoxicated accident.

Noirdame79 - :tyou: for the pictures of Natalie. She was one of my favorite actresses. Had to watch This Property Condemned again last night. The Huz is trying to down load Inside Daisy Clover for me - I liked that one! Tonight going to watch Cash McCall - I don't believe I've seen that one. Took a picture of James Garner when they were filming Rockford Files in Century City back in the late 70s!

Thanks again! :wave:

My Huz sent me this link just now - I guess since I requested Natalie's movies...

http://www.thenewsvault.com/cgi/xtra.pl?go=14605669102
Robert Wagner Opens Up About Wife Natalie Wood's Death 35 Years Later

Nearly 35 years after 's untimely death, her husband has opened up about the "shattering" loss of the beloved actress and his close bond with her daughter, Natasha Gregson Wagner.

not much said in this article though...

My Huz sent me this link just now - I guess since I requested Natalie's movies...

http://www.thenewsvault.com/cgi/xtra.pl?go=14605669102
Robert Wagner Opens Up About Wife Natalie Wood's Death 35 Years Later

Nearly 35 years after 's untimely death, her husband has opened up about the "shattering" loss of the beloved actress and his close bond with her daughter, Natasha Gregson Wagner.

not much said in this article though...

There is nothing coincidental about all these interviews popping up, the marketing of a perfume in Natalie's name, the selling of Natalie's belongings (including her Golden Globe Award!). You see, Daddy Wagner needs money for his lawyer fees. Notice that in all these articles they don't mention that there is an ongoing homicide investigation. They blame Natalie's sister Lana, Marti Rulli, Dennis Davern, and anyone else for bringing the case back to attention (when in fact, the case was re-opened because there is evidence to warrant it) and for trying to profit from her death, but somehow those same rules don't apply to Wagner and Natalie's daughters. It's okay if they profit off of her memory as long as it serves their agenda. As for Wagner breaking his "silence" and being "shattered" by Natalie's death, this is the same crap he's been spewing for years. Lies and more lies. He was out with Jill St. John a mere ten weeks after Natalie's death. Natalie's daughter Natasha has stated in the past that Jill was never a mother figure to her and Courtney; Jill was only there for Wagner. So much for the grieving widower routine. He is utterly selfish. None of them have cooperated with investigators, despite the original statement upon the re-opening of the case in 2011 that they welcomed a new investigation. Natasha and Courtney could find out the truth if they really wanted to, but they are choosing to live in denial.

The walls are closing in on Robert Wagner, and he knows it. Using Natalie's daughters is just another attempt to preserve his image.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back