CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't want this to be true only for the sake of his and her children. I don't care much about Wagner - never was a fan. And personally, I feel like I will cry if Walken is implicated in any way because I just utterly adore him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I absolutely adore Walken too!! Great stage actor, bags of personality and so witty on his answers during interviews. I really hope he was not involved...

Sheriff's officials say one new witness described hearing yelling and crashing sounds coming from the couple's stateroom.

I would not think you could specifically say you heard sounds "from the couple's stateroom" unless you were on the boat. So wouldn't this witness have to be the captain or Walken? Someone in a nearby boat could say they heard the sounds, but to specify they were from a particular stateroom seems unlikely.

“Actor Robert Wagner is being labeled a "person of interest" in the drowning death of Natalie Wood nearly four decades ago.”

“The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in an upcoming interview with CBS' "48 Hours" that after continuing the investigation over the years, Wagner, now 87, has become of interest since he was the last person to see Wood.”

“Natalie Wood: Death in Dark Water" will air on Feb. 3 at 10 p.m. on CBS, featuring new witnesses, evidences and theories as to what happened the night of her death.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...interest-natalie-wood-death-article-1.3792539

Thank you for this info. I'll be sure to record and watch. So glad to see that RW is now a poi, especially after all of the fresh bruising NW's body demonstrated at her autopsy, the loud argument, etc. Too bad he did so well and prospered and had relationships since. He's 87 and will probably never serve a day. 'Stars' could get away with anything back then. I think the boat captain was probably afraid for his job if he told the truth and liked hobnobbing with the stars and the pay (this is pure speculation on my part). MOO.

I was named after Natalie Wood - mainly because I was born with jet black hair. Problem - that lasted all of a couple of weeks before it went red then white then dropped out...now I'm a natural blonde :giggle: But I've always felt a special connection to her and the tragic way she passed away.

Dad has always said that from the day he heard she had died, he said Wagner killed her.

And this was his second marriage to Natalie - he was first married to her from 1957 to 1962. Have NO idea why she went back to him but Wagner strikes me as a sweet- and smooth-talker.

On another note, Wagner played the title role in "Prince Valiant" 1954 yeah the same hairstyle as D. Turpin.

Ugh.

And this was his second marriage to Natalie - he was first married to her from 1957 to 1962. Have NO idea why she went back to him but Wagner strikes me as a sweet- and smooth-talker.

On another note, Wagner played the title role in "Prince Valiant" 1954 yeah the same hairstyle as D. Turpin.

Ugh.

I agree MaryG - he had a hold over her that's for sure. And I get the same vibe from him - that all too sweet front in public - probably a master manipulator. I wonder what Natalie would have been like and what she would have achieved if she hadn't crossed paths with him.

I've been reading this thread from beginning to end, and I wanted to pull some of the more interesting comments from 2011 forward. I find this post, and the following post numbers interesting:
457 (this one is on lana changing her tune about what she believes happened that night)

Marilyn Wayne, the woman on the yacht Capricorn, said she heard a woman cries at 11:45 pm Saturday. The cries lasted until 12:10 am Sunday. They were coming from the direction of the Wood/Wagner yacht Splendour. Their yachts were moored about 150-feet apart in Isthmus Cove on Santa Catalina Island's north side, according to Harbor Master Doug Oudin. Only one other boat was nearby, although 75 to 80 were moored in the cove Saturday night, said Oudin.

After Ms Wayne heard someone say, "We're coming to get you", she went back to sleep.

paraphrased

The Augusta Chronicle
Augusta, Georgia
Friday Morning, 4 December 1981
"Boater says screams heard before Natalie Wood's death"
Can't make out the page number

Are these the times she is saying? I thought she is now saying they were earlier and the screams lasted longer?

About these "boaters". How could they ignore cries for help? Cries which lasted 25 minutes, according to this report? Even if they heard someone say they were going to help, how could these "ear witnesses" ignore the situation?

I've been around water and boats my whole life, including boats where parties were going on, and I know one thing a boater never should ignore is someone's cry for help, especially from someone in the water!!! Why did they not turn on their search lights and really take a good look? Or any lights? A flashlight? Why not search that water to be sure someone was assisting the person in trouble? Why not call the Coast Guard or Harbor Master repeatedly until help showed up? No, they just went to bed. Talk about negligence!

So we've got a "captain", other boaters, the husband/boat owner, and no one lifts a finger, or a leg to jump in, to check on this woman who is overboard? They couldn't even toss in a life preserver? Have those people never learned water and boat safety? Come on!

I've also brushed up on dear sister Lana's background. Shall we say a bit unstable? I don't find her credible, sorry. Her mother called her "headstrong". I guess that would be a good word for a daughter who was married fives times before she turned 30!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Wood"]Lana Wood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

vmmking, davern (the captain of the splendour that night) states in the rulli book that wagner ordered him to not help natalie when she was in the water screamiing for help (paraphrased).

vmmking, davern (the captain of the splendour that night) states in the rulli book that wagner ordered him to not help natalie when she was in the water screamiing for help (paraphrased).
Yup. I know. I'm cross-eyed, but I've read 500+ posts on this so far.

ETA - Good to see someone from the original discussion here. Some don't appear to be active in WS anymore, and I wish we could hear from a few of them.

it's likewise nice to see new people interested too!

i highly recommend reading the rulli book to anyone interested in natalie's death. it can be bought on amazon or found at a library.

From post 443 - other boaters did shine a light and called the Harbor Master

la_cavalière;7394800 said:
(respectfully snipped)

According to Marilyn Wayne's statement and her account in GNGS, after hearing the cries, they turned on the the boat's beam light and went out on deck to to see if they could spot the person in the water. They called the Harbor Master and got no answer. They then called the Sheriff's office and were told a helicopter would be sent.

Marilyn wanted to jump in the water and swim out to the woman, but her fiancé told her that would be too dangerous. The boat's dinghy was deflated and stored, and would have taken too long to inflate.

The cries stopped not long after they heard the man's voice saying "Oh, hold on, we’re coming to get you" -- so they assumed the woman had been rescued. They also heard the music.

However, the time has changed from this newspaper account (good find!). Marilyn now says the cries began around 11 p.m. and lasted about 15 minutes. She says her son looked at his new digital watch right when they began hearing the cries.

BBM

Two new, credible witnesses are backing up Dennis Davern's (boat captain) account of the incident. The focus seems to be on Davern's account that Wagner was very drunk, angry and jealous of CW.

http://people.com/crime/natalie-wood-death-witness-says-robert-wagner-jealous-christopher-walken/

Two new witnesses who say they overheard the fight — one of whom told authorities she also witnessed it firsthand — are “very credible,” Corina says, according to 48 Hours. “They have no reason to lie. And — their story matches what Dennis Davern says.”

BBM

So the husband let his wife struggle and drown in the water...yikes! Can RW still be charged after all this time?

Something about this has always stunk to me. None of it made any sense. An "accidental" death? I really don't think so. Much like William Holdens death 2 1/2 weeks prior. That also stunk. Made absolutely no sense. Strange how two co-stars lose their significant others a few weeks apart. Both look like murder but both are ruled accidental by Thomas Nuguchi the Medical Examiner. How does a woman,with an extreme fear of water,just fall in? Only to be pulled out hours later battered and bruised. How does a man trip and fall and smack his head on a nightstand and survive 15-20 minutes staggering around his bedroom and bleed to death with a phone 5 feet away and not call for help? I don't get it and never will. Something was definitely going on behind the scenes of Hart to Hart that November in 81'. Acting on and off the set quite apparently. It's disgusting. RJ is 87 years old. Although he is now,after 36 years,a "person of interest" justice will never be served. Even if evidence is found and he is indicted, he will more than likely be dead before true justice is served. Rest in peace Natalie. You were an icon and sadly missed and taken FAR too soon.

Two new, credible witnesses are backing up Dennis Davern's (boat captain) account of the incident. The focus seems to be on Davern's account that Wagner was very drunk, angry and jealous of CW.

http://people.com/crime/natalie-wood-death-witness-says-robert-wagner-jealous-christopher-walken/

BBM
How did a woman witness it first hand? If this is a new witness, then it wasn't the woman we've already heard from on the neighboring boat.

Why on earth would a witness keep silent all these years?

So many things confuse me about everyone who heard anything. I don't understand how the people who heard her yelling that she was drowning could have gone to bed without verifying she had been saved.

Multiple people could have made a difference that night, but for some reason chose not to.

I hope Natalie gets justice.
On a side, is there a thread about the accusations that Kirk Douglas brutally raped her and the theory that he's tied to Jean Spangler's disappearance?????

How did a woman witness it first hand? If this is a new witness, then it wasn't the woman we've already heard from on the neighboring boat.

Why on earth would a witness keep silent all these years?

So many things confuse me about everyone who heard anything. I don't understand how the people who heard her yelling that she was drowning could have gone to bed without verifying she had been saved.

Multiple people could have made a difference that night, but for some reason chose not to.

Yes, the woman witness of what happened on the boat is unusual. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow night on 48 hrs. Reading about the more recent re-investigation, it says they went back through all the tips that came in and re-interviewed hundreds of people. It's possible there was someone who witnessed something from nearby, but whose report wasn't followed up by LE back then. If the theories about an organized cover-up are true, then LE would have buried any of those kind of witness reports. JMO, I strongly suspect that was the case. Also noted that all the evidence from the investigation was destroyed, because, you know, it was an accident.

Here's a summary LA Times did of their news coverage of NW's death back then.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-natalie-wood-story-stack-20180201-story.html

Within a week of her death, LAPD detectives were already saying Coroner Noguchi was wrong when he said there were reports of a fight on the boat before NW disappeared. Of course, we know now that LAPD was also aware of those same reports. It only took a few days for the "fixers" to get LAPD's cooperation in squelching the stories. They probably covered up a lot more evidence in the process. Sounds like they eventually convinced Noguchi to get on board with the cover up, too.

http://documents.latimes.com/dispute-woods-death-now-doubt/

As for wondering how people could go to bed after hearing her calling for help, I think some of that is news reporting error. In other articles, the woman who heard her calling said they did shine a light in the area and called for help. They couldn't search for her because their inflatable dinghy had been deflated and stowed away. The only call the Harbor Patrol said they received, though, was the one from Robert Wagner, relayed via ship to shore radio at 1:30 am.

Whenever the time was, a real cover up couldn't happen until RW got to shore the next morning. There were no cell phones then and it seems unlikely he would call a lawyer for advice on ship to shore radio.

Read through this forensic exam below. Look for the sections included that are updates from LAPD investigators in 2012. They summarize the reports from '81 and explain all the problems with the findings of the first investigation.

http://documents.latimes.com/natalie-wood-forensic-examination/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back