Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She and her ex divorced after a domestic assault incident. It seems like they were civil about co-parenting the baby, at least that's what she stated, but who knows if there was any actual co-parenting or if she had him all the time.

Snipped for focus:

Her hair doesn't really look that long on her recent Instagram pictures.

Most celebrities wear hair extensions. She probably was so excited to have them done again after being inside and not going to the salon for months.

I’m guessing the ladder was still extended into the water and the gate/door open?

The places I have rented boats for the day/weekend require either a boater safety course or a quick assessment of your knowledge on boat safety and operation.

Even for a 3 hour cruise around a placid lake.

Was there a designated swimming area?

Jet ski

"A Change.org petition signed by more than 4,600 people claims the jetski seen in the video had been following the Glee star's boat before she vanished."

I doubt this. The jet ski zipping by in the video by quite a distance from the pontoon boat. It's a big lake, and empty, I doubt the jet ski had anything to do with this....or even that the person saw anything. imo

Jet skier in CCTV may hold key to Naya Rivera’s ‘drowning’ as divers reveal they’re searching ‘blind’ in poor visibility

LE haven't said that, it was just someone who started a petition saying the police should look into it.

Edit- as posted above
It was not reported on mainstream media tweets except something from Gigi Graciette in Portuguese.

Gigi Graciette @GigiGraciette
6h

O JetSki já esta na água antes que a Naya entro no barco. A polícia não disse nada sobre o filho falar de mais alguém perto deles enquanto estavam no lago.

JetSki is already in the water before Naya gets on the boat. The police said nothing about the son talking about anyone else near them while they were at the lake. this is the translation of the tweet

Last edited:
I keep wondering if her social media use that we as the public don't know about, such as if she had Snapchat, will offer any insight into what may have happened...I've seen reports saying her purse and id was recovered from the boat, but I haven't seen anything about her phone (although just because it wasn't listed doesn't mean it wasn't in her purse or on the boat)...just random thinking out loud...
I believe the first reports mentioned her purse in the car, and her ID on the boat. I'm assuming the ID was probably needed to rent the boat.

Speculation of suicide based on what, exactly?

She brought food and drinks with her, possibly a change of clothes as well.

People who are thinking she was giving hints by posting "just the two of us" in an Insta picture and that it must be Eminem lyrics don't realize it's a very famous song, long predating Eminem.

IMO
Eh, I honestly don't think the "Just the two of us" caption relates to any song at all. It was just the two of them, literally. They have probably been a little more isolated due to the current global circumstances, so the caption makes sense.

Jeremy Childs [URL='https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Childs']@Jeremy_Childs [/URL]5m

If the cadaver dogs do alert something, GPS coordinates will be tracked and a diver will check to the location. The dogs have not detected anything yet.

Jeremy Childs @Jeremy_Childs
7m

Replying to
@Jeremy_Childs
They are relying on sonar primarily over divers now. Main area being searched is known as The Narrows on the north and eastern portion of the lake.

[URL='https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Childs']Jeremy Childs
@Jeremy_Childs[/URL]
16m

Day 3 Press Conference on the Lake Piru search for Naya Rivera, who is presumed to have drowned in the lake Wednesday afternoon. Not sure what will be shared during this, will share any new info/updates in a thread below.

EcmLMoNU0AAJtW9

@Jeremy_Childs [/URL]7m
Investigators have a liaison with the family and has been in contact with them. There is no current plan to interview Josey Dorsey again, saying he was extensively interviewed on Wednesday night, per Buschow

@Jeremy_Childs 6m
The lake will be closed to the public as long as the search continues, but nobody knows how long that will take. There is no current plan to end the search though.

Jeremy Childs@Jeremy_Childs 5m

Lake Piru, which is approx 2 miles long, is planned to be drained to 65 feet next month to perform seismic retrofitting on the lake's dam. The project is managed by United Water. The draining was planned before the search

[/URL]

MOD NOTE:

At this time, there has been no word from LE or MSM to substantiate any discussion of a possible suicide. Speculation is permitted only when it is based in fact. The fact that this young talented celebrity is missing and presumed dead in an apparent accident is the only thing that has been published, and open to being discussed. It is tragic, and not fodder for theories that are disrespectful to the victim and the victim’s loved ones. Some may have misunderstood or misinterpreted the Websleuths TOS regarding speculation and sleuthing. We are all learning every day. Questions? Ask a moderator in a reported post or a PM and one will be happy to help.

Thank you for your continuing efforts to post as respectful and responsible members of Websleuths.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Ive been on boats before but never a Pontoon boat and I have a question if anyone knows.

The movie "Open Water 2 Adrift" was loosely based on a true story where people left their boat and forgot to leave the ladder down to where they could climb back on board. Movie trailer link below.

My question is if someone on a pontoon boat forgot to leave the ladder hooked up before going in the water, would they be able to grab onto something to climb back on board the boat?

I know the motor area would be one place someone could try to climb on board the motor area, but what if the boat had an inboard motor? Not sure if they make those for Pontoon boats or not.

Wondering if it is even possible not to have a way to get back on board the boat. Those large tubular metal ballasts on a pontoon would be slippery and are pretty large width so I am not sure if someone could climb up those from the water level.

Ive been on boats before but never a Pontoon boat and I have a question if anyone knows.

The movie "Open Water 2 Adrift" was loosely based on a true story where people left their boat and forgot to leave the ladder down to where they could climb back on board. Movie trailer link below.

My question is if someone on a pontoon boat forgot to leave the ladder hooked up before going in the water, would they be able to grab onto something to climb back on board the boat?

I know the motor area would be one place someone could try to climb on board the motor area, but what if the boat had an inboard motor? Not sure if they make those for Pontoon boats or not.

Wondering if it is even possible not to have a way to get back on board the boat. Those large tubular metal ballasts on a pontoon would be slippery and are pretty large width so I am not sure if someone could climb up those from the water level.

CNN article I read said that wind was a problem on the lake. This could have pushed the boat away from her, leaving her stranded and unable to catch up. While difficult to interview, the 4 y/o son said that " Mommy did not get back on the boat when he did", or words to that effect.

CNN article I read said that wind was a problem on the lake. This could have pushed the boat away from her, leaving her stranded and unable to catch up. While difficult to interview, the 4 y/o son said that " Mommy did not get back on the boat when he did", or words to that effect.

Yes that is another possibility.

There seems to be no definite answer yet on whether the boat had its anchor down.

My main boating experience is with much smaller john boats. One thing that may be adding to the confusion about the anchor is something that happened to me often on a windy lake.

When I would put out the anchor and if I did not leave enough slack rope out then what sometimes happened is the wind blew the boat to the deeper side and the anchor would pull up off the bottom and be free floating. I was trying to fish and only noticed it as I started to see the boat was moving away from where I was trying to fish. I had to pull up the anchor, and restart the boat and go back and then the next time I made sure to put out plenty of slack line and that usually prevented it from happening again.

Another thing that could have happened.
If the anchor weight is too small/light weight and the wind is strong enough, the boat can get dragged along by the wind even with the anchor on bottom.

So something like this could have happened and this could explain the confusion over whether the anchor was down or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back