CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Business meeting wearing jeans & a long sleeve green tee?

California Casual, not odd at all
icon12.gif

According to a facebook comment the meeting was at 4080 Hildale.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Oroville/sold/1703522-4080-Hildale-Ave-Oroville-CA-95966

I looked that up on Butte County property records. It appears the house is probably a rental, tax bill is sent to an address in Paradise. OT; the address was immediately familiar to me. I had a Cuesta student working for me, forwarded his W-2 to an address on that street in Paradise. Small world ...

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing

A few things that are weird on this one:

1. If someone at the "business meeting" harmed him, wouldn't they have noticed/moved the car during the 4 days it was sitting there? After all, Neal must have had the keys to the car on him...

2. If someone at the meeting didn't harm him, surely they knew or wondered why he left his car there? Either way, why did they not report it during the 4 days it was sitting there?

3. As everyone else has said, while the GF seems genuinely distressed, why didn't she report him missing for 4 days if they lived together? Surely she realized he didn't come home? Was that normal for him? If not, was there something sketchy about the meeting that made her nervous to report it to LE? Was she expecting him to be gone for a few days for some reason? Did she tell his family he was missing during the 4 days even if she didn't tell LE?

4. If GF is the one who found the car, why would she have it towed? Wouldn't one naturally report it to / have it examined by LE?

According to a facebook comment the meeting was at 4080 Hildale.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Oroville/sold/1703522-4080-Hildale-Ave-Oroville-CA-95966

I looked that up on Butte County property records. It appears the house is probably a rental, tax bill is sent to an address in Paradise. OT; the address was immediately familiar to me. I had a Cuesta student working for me, forwarded his W-2 to an address on that street in Paradise. Small world ...

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing

There's a business located at that address; looking around based on that did give some indication as to why LE might not be saying much.

I have been looking also. Seems there are some adorable puppies in Oroville listed on Craigslist. Wander if that would be considered "business?"

What about something that used to be illegal, but can now be legally obtained with a medical license? Not saying this is the case, but it could explain some of the lack of forthcoming info in this case.

I'm sorry if this has been said, but maybe the GF "waited" 4 days to report him missing because she was met with resistance from LE. Sometimes when adults, particularly significant others, go missing people are more likely to chalk it up to "wait a few days, they are taking some time off". I would be interested to know if she spoke with someone who told her to wait, or spoke with LE who told her to wait.

Orangeandapples- I have thought that as well. I think she may have tried to report him missing and didn't get very far,IMO. Also, I worked in the car business, I have had meetings wearing jeans etc, very laid back kind of thing. He also could have been going into some kind of partnership with someone where they would work at home so it wouldn't be very formal ( like computers etc). Anyway, the outfit doesn't throw me off either. I was also thinking that since it was lunch time, maybe they went to a restaurant for lunch ( or bar kind of place) he had a few, the person he met with could have left 1st, thinking that NK could have gotten a ride and left his vehicle there to get later. Sooo many possibilities. Does anyone know if there is a bar or something like that near this building? This is ALL MOO, and I have nothing to base any of this on, just throwing it out there.

There's a business located at that address; looking around based on that did give some indication as to why LE might not be saying much.

I found a tree trimming/removal service at this address? Am I missing something?

I'm really amazed there isn't more information being released on the investigation.

I found a tree trimming/removal service at this address? Am I missing something?

I'm really amazed there isn't more information being released on the investigation.

Sharing what was shared with me. This may be the owner of the tree trimming business? NOT saying it is related to Neal's disappearance.

Gee, if someone shoots out your car window cause they got splashed, wonder what happens when something of a more serious nature occurs? Odd story, thinking there may be more to it than just getting a little wet ...

http://www.khsltv.com/content/local...ashing-Parked-Car/L8MGaH8PUEaSf1yvgGN_Jw.cspx

hmm... i wonder if there was a 3rd party involved in this "meeting" and NK left with that individual in that person's car? maybe the person that lives there saw them leave together and assumed maybe NK's car was having problems and that's why it was left there for a while?

maybe NK and another person (if there is one) left the house to go catch some lunch, etc & got into trouble elsewhere?

So I am guessing that "Berry Creek" area might be some sort of uh, farm?

Neal Forrest King was reported missing on March 29 by his girlfriend. According to a Butte County Sheriffs press release, the 24-year-old was last seen at 4001 Hildale Ave in Oroville on March 26. The press release stated King was meeting a person there for a business transaction involving marijuana. King has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.knvn.com/content/localne...ance-of-Neal-King/RRi0-7NrWUm-qeegFKWh7Q.cspx

So I am guessing that "Berry Creek" area might be some sort of uh, farm?

Probably a safe assumption, so sorry for Neal's family. This doesn't sound good.

Think about the equipment a business like that has, that they do forestry work etc.

I find it hard to believe they'd leave the car there if anyone at the property was involved, though.

ETA - just caught up on the rest of the thread - MSM are giving a different address to the one mentioned previously so it's likely not relevant anyway.

Oh, well, now I can see why they didn't want to release info on the nature of the transaction earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back