CA CA - Newhall, WhtFem Skeletal UP4370, 15-20, red hoodie, Aug'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

What about her? Laureen Rahn. Her height is an inch off but other than that it lines up pretty well. From research on her, LE believed she had ties to the California area. They even followed some leads there for her case. It’s a long shot but I thought the pictures looked pretty similar.
I noticed that the dental charts between Laureen and this girl are eerily similar. Both have fillings on Teeth #14, #19, and #30. The only difference is that Newhall JD has a cavity on Teeth #18 and a filling on Teeth #3. Laureen's Tooth #18 has a filling and Tooth #3 doesn't. Is it even worth submitting Laureen as a candidate?

@HmmMysterious I would put it in, in case there is a reason for discrepancy - for example one chart is older, or there was mistranscription of filling locations etc. Good to let the experts decide.I think if you submit through DoeNetwork I read they have a forensic dentist that they consult on possible matches (not sure on this).

@HmmMysterious I would put it in, in case there is a reason for discrepancy - for example one chart is older, or there was mistranscription of filling locations etc. Good to let the experts decide.I think if you submit through DoeNetwork I read they have a forensic dentist that they consult on possible matches (not sure on this).
I submitted Rahn as a candidate. I hope I hear from Doe Network soon

Michelle Black - #MP30974
Missing From: Las Vegas, NV (approx. a 4-hour drive from Newhall)
Missing Age: 22
DLC: July 27, 1980
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Hair Color: Brown
Circumstances: No circumstances available.

Andria Ann Bailey - #MP5814
Missing From: Spanaway, WA
Missing Age: 18
DLC: 1978 - 1979
Height: 5'5" (65 inches)
Circumstances: The exact date of Andria's disappearance is unknown; she may have vanished sometime in 1978 or 1979. She wasn't reported missing until October 29, 1989, approximately ten years later, and most agencies list her date of disappearance as October 29, 1979.

Both of Andria's parents were in Germany at the time of her disappearance, and she was living with her grandmother. The circumstances of her case are unknown; some accounts state she was last seen heading home from school, and others that she was walking three miles home from a party. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. (per Charley Project)
5814_37499.jpg4370_14552.jpg

Kimberly Rae Doss - #MP11009
Missing From: Jacksonville, FL
Missing Age: 16
DLC: May 29, 1979
Height: 5'4" (64 inches)
Circumstances: Kimberly was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on May 29, 1979. She was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and was visiting a relative in Jacksonville at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Kimberly's mother, who died in 2008, believed her daughter was abducted by the Outlaws motorcycle gang, which was active in Florida in the 1970s. Supposedly, Kimberly's uncle had stolen money from gang members and they kidnapped her to try to force her uncle to pay it back. This theory has never been verified and Kimberly's disappearance remains unsolved. (per Charley Project)
11009_69284.jpg4370_14552.jpg

Selinda Jean Winegar - #MP4620
Missing From: Burlington, VT
DLC: March 1, 1979
Hair Color: Blond/Brown
Circumstances: Selinda was last seen at her family's home in the 100 block of Forest Street on March 21, 1979. She left home to visit a friend and never returned. Prior to her disappearance she had fallen in with a bad crowd and begun smoking marijuana. Her family, and Selinda in particular, had gotten threatening phone calls until the family got an unlisted telephone number.

After her disappearance, Selinda's family got an anonymous phone call saying Selinda had been murdered and her body was in the Winooski River. Investigators never searched the river, but the tip has not been verified. One of her sister's friends says she found a clump of blonde hair while fishing in the river in 1985, however.

Investigators believe Selinda probably ran away from home and did not meet with foul play. There were numerous reported sightings of her after her disappearance, and a relative claims to have seen her standing in the back of the church at her father's funeral in 1981, but none of the sightings have been confirmed. (per Charley Project)
4620_30353.jpg4370_14552.jpg

Rosie M. Schlicker - #MP34119
Missing From: Kansas City, MO
Missing Age: 20
DLC: March 14, 1978
Height: 5'6" - 5'7" (66 - 67 inches)
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Circumstances: Rosie was last seen at the Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, MO on 03/14/1978. She has not been seen since. No additional details available.
34119_180662.jpg4370_14552.jpg

Cindy Irene King - #MP6263
Missing From: Grants Pass, OR
Missing Age: 15
DLC: July 19, 1977
Circumstances: Cindy was last seen in Grants Pass, Oregon on July 19, 1977. She has never been heard from again. It's unclear what she was in Oregon at the time of her disappearance; her family is mostly in Kentucky and Tennessee. She did have an uncle who lived in Douglas County, Oregon, but he died in early 1977. Few details are available in Cindy's case. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear. (per Charley Project)
king_cindy2.jpeg4370_14552.jpg

Kimberly Cozart - #MP29117
Missing From: Julian, CA (approx. a 3.5-hour drive from Newhall)
Missing Age: 15
DLC: February 1977
Height: 5'0" - 5'3" (60 - 63 inches)
Hair Color: Reddish brown
Circumstances: Kimberly was last seen in Julian, California sometime in February 1977. She lived on Banner Grade Road. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. Kimberly's mother, Joyce Harper, disappeared in 1975, approximately two years before her daughter. Both were reported missing on the same day: December 15, 1995. It's unclear whether the two cases are otherwise related, but both of them remain unsolved. (per Charley Project)
29117_157469.jpg4370_14552.jpg

Brenda Sue Goza - #MP73810
Missing From: Clarksville, AR
Missing Age: 18
DLC: December 7, 1975
Hair Color: Black
Circumstances: Goza was last seen in Clarksville, Arkansas on December 7, 1975. She and her infant son disappeared from their residence and she has never been heard from again. It's unclear whether Goza's son was ever located; no information is available about her him. Her case remains unsolved.
goza_brenda.jpeg4370_14552.jpg

Deborah Lee Tomlinson - #MP11096
Missing From: Creswell, OR
DLC: October 15, 1973
Height: 5'5" (65 inches)
Circumstances: Deborah disappeared from Creswell, Oregon on October 15, 1973, her sixteenth birthday. She ran away from home with a teenage female friend and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
deborah_lee_tomlinson_1.jpeg4370_14552.jpg

Kim Louise Mallon - #MP4628
Missing From: Los Angeles, CA
Missing Age: 13
DLC: September 30, 1973
Circumstances: Kim was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. She disappeared from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychiatric Hospital, where she was a patient. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. She is missing under suspicious circumstances. In 2005, the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital was renamed the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA. (per Charley Project)
4628_30392.jpg4370_14552.jpg

I noticed that the dental charts between Laureen and this girl are eerily similar. Both have fillings on Teeth #14, #19, and #30. The only difference is that Newhall JD has a cavity on Teeth #18 and a filling on Teeth #3. Laureen's Tooth #18 has a filling and Tooth #3 doesn't. Is it even worth submitting Laureen as a candidate?
A good find! both Newhall Jane Doe and Laureen Ann Rahn have four fillings in four teeth.

Cecile Moch was finally added as an exclusion on NamUs, that's 23 exclusions (Simone Ridinger was added twice)

I've thought this Jane Doe looks weirdly similar to Alma Violet Root, but they're practically on opposite ends of the state. Do you think it's worth a submission?

@Caring1 could you post the current list of exclusions from Jane Doe's profile on NamUs? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back