GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt it, the system, for good or ill, rewards criminals for telling the truth. Punishing him for finally admitting his guilt would just make the next remorseless wife killer that much more insistent that he was innocent, it removes the incentive to tell the truth at any time.

If Reiser had not admitted guilt, his idiot supporters would still be proclaiming he was wrongly convicted.

I doubt it, the system, for good or ill, rewards criminals for telling the truth. Punishing him for finally admitting his guilt would just make the next remorseless wife killer that much more insistent that he was innocent, it removes the incentive to tell the truth at any time.

If Reiser had not admitted guilt, his idiot supporters would still be proclaiming he was wrongly convicted.

Good point - I hadn't thought of it that way. What a farce though - SIX months of a needless trial and no end of aggravation he caused the prosecutor, judge, even his own lawyer, not to mention putting his son through the trauma of having to get up there and testify. Prison ought to take that narcisstic personality of his down quite a few pegs...

Why did he put the jury through a 6 month trial and now decide to negotiate a sentencing deal by bringing the police to his wife's body?

Because of his arrogance! He thought people were stupid enough to believe his lies that he ripped out his car seat strictly because he was homeless.:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guess she really never did run away to Russia, huh Hans?:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

RIP Nina.

I don't understand why she wasn't found sooner if she was less than a mile from where she went missing?! Where were the searchers searching for her? The K-9s? How did they miss this?

It makes me question every other search now they deem to be "complete".

The ravine where the body was recovered was less than a mile from the house where Hans Reiser lived with his mother. The house is where Nina Reiser, 31, was last seen alive on Sept. 3, 2006, when she dropped off the couple's two children for a visit with their father.

http://tulsa.cox.net/cci/newsnation...=article&id=D91PEANO0&_action=validatearticle

From the article I read she was "off-the-beaten-path", near a guy's house/hiking trial and buried under poison oak. The area was searched "superficially" in the initial search for Nina Reiser because it was off the beaten track and covered with poison oak, he said. The body was found alongside a hiking trail in Redwood Regional Park, about 100 yards from where Albert Chiu, 61, has been living for the past 21 years.
Chiu said he was not surprised that the missing woman's body was found there.
"Where I live, behind my house, it seems like a good place to hide things," he said. "I had a feeling that this would be a good place to hide a body."

The body was down a steep hillside that runs next to a hiking trail in the 8200 block of Skyline Boulevard. That location is just a few miles from where Reiser lived.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_9811812?source=most_viewed

Including his mother...

POSTED: 6:08 pm PDT July 7, 2008
UPDATED: 8:00 am PDT July 8, 2008

OAKLAND, Calif. --
Hans Reiser, the prominent Bay Area software programmer who had denied having anything to do with his estranged wife's disappearance, has led police to what is believed to be her body and admitted to strangling her.<snip>

The body was found in a grave about four feet by four feet, Tamor said. Reiser did not have difficulty locating the spot, the attorney said: "He went right to it.
Quoting a source in the investigation, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday that Reiser had admitted to arguing with his wife and strangling her.Police confirmed a body had been found but would not speculate on the identity or disclose details of the search. Late Monday, investigators recovered the remains."This is a difficult scene to process. It's in a very rugged area," Alameda County Sheriff's spokesman J.D. Nelson said. Alameda County prosecutors and Oakland police said they planned to hold a news conference Tuesday to discuss their findings.
more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/16815248/detail.html

POSTED: 9:23 pm PDT July 7, 2008
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A lawyer who has represented convicted murderer Hans Reiser off and on for three years said Monday night that he thinks that Reiser made "a mistake" in apparently leading authorities to the location where he buried the body of his estranged wife Nina. John Fuery, who first represented Reiser in his divorce case with Nina in 2005 and was retained again by Reiser last week, said prosecutor Paul Hora contacted him last week about giving Reiser a lenient sentence if he told authorities where Nina's body was buried. Fuery said leading authorities to the location of a murder victim's body "proves your guilt and is hard to undo" in the future when a convicted murderer goes before a parole board to ask to be released from state prison.
more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/16816276/detail.html

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A lawyer who has represented convicted murderer Hans Reiser off and on for three years said Monday night that he thinks that Reiser made "a mistake" in apparently leading authorities to the location where he buried the body of his estranged wife Nina. John Fuery, who first represented Reiser in his divorce case with Nina in 2005 and was retained again by Reiser last week, said prosecutor Paul Hora contacted him last week about giving Reiser a lenient sentence if he told authorities where Nina's body was buried. Fuery said leading authorities to the location of a murder victim's body "proves your guilt and is hard to undo" in the future when a convicted murderer goes before a parole board to ask to be released from state prison.

It certainly does! I also don't think the parole board is going to think too highly of the fact that he drug this out for years, lied over and over again, cost taxpayers lots of money with a 6 month trial, and only when he saw fit to try to save his scrawny neck some additional jail time did he decide to come clean.

Am I reading this right, that the lawyer is saying that it was "mistake" for the guilty man to admit his guilt and allow his wife a decent burial because that means he' won't be able to "undo" this and possibly be freed, even though he is guilty, that what he should have done is continue to proclaim his innocence and leave his wife's remains burried in an marked grave because that increases his chance of getting releaseed in the future, even though he is 100% guilty????????????????????????????????????????????????

OMG what has happened to this country.

Am I reading this right, that the lawyer is saying that it was "mistake" for the guilty man to admit his guilt and allow his wife a decent burial because that means he' won't be able to "undo" this and possibly be freed, even though he is guilty, that what he should have done is continue to proclaim his innocence and leave his wife's remains burried in an marked grave because that increases his chance of getting releaseed in the future, even though he is 100% guilty????????????????????????????????????????????????

OMG what has happened to this country.

You got that right! I think this guy is pushing to be his appeals lawyer because he was only his lawyer for about one day...:loser:

I am so PIssed that after found guilty the DA makes a deal. I hope his first second and thrid pardon is denied

I am just appalled by this deal - appalled. That he can get on the stand and lie, that he can drag out the trial for six months, and that he's just sociopathic enough to wait till two days before his sentencing...may prison justice await him.

Here's a link to the latest in the SF paper - if you read the comments there's a whole lot of people who are really pissed off about this deal.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/08/BADT11LOTI.DTL&tsp=1

Five days before the computer genius who killed his wife led police to her body, he was remorseless and angry in defense of his innocence.
By Stephen Elliott

July 9, 2008 | DUBLIN, Calif.
<snip>
Everything Hans said reinforced the image I already had of him. He wasn't interested in what was true, only in whether or not he had been treated fairly. There wasn't a shred of remorse in his body. He was a sociopath, incapable of caring about another human being. A narcissist. A manipulator who thinks everybody else is stupid. The strangest thing about this murderer is how he never gets away with anything. Nobody ever believes him but he keeps lying anyway. He's a genius who invented a new way to store information, supervised millions of lines of complex code, and he has no idea how he is being perceived. I wasn't interested in being his private investigator.
Since being found guilty, he had been trying to negotiate a deal for a reduced sentence in exchange for taking the police to Nina's remains. He wanted them to drop the charge from murder one to manslaughter, which the district attorney was unwilling to do. It doesn't seem to bother him that his two children would never know for sure what happened to their doting mother after they last saw her Labor Day weekend 2006, when they were only 4 and 6 years old.
Finally I cut him off. I said I could track down all these people he was talking about. What I found might or might not point to an unfair trial (I doubted it) or mean that his children shouldn't have been taken away from him. But it wouldn't mean the verdict was incorrect. Was there anywhere I should look that might hint at his innocence?
"If you're guilty of murder, who cares if the schoolteacher misremembers something?" I said. His lawyers stated that Hans was remorseful; that he was trying to make things right. I knew that wasn't true. He had maintained his innocence since being arrested in October 2006. I was the last journalist to interview him before his confession. He wasn't remorseful, he was angry. He still felt the world owed him something. more at link:http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/07/09/hans_reiser/

4 hours ago
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Police have confirmed that a body software programmer Hans Reiser led them to is that of the estranged wife he is convicted of killing.
Authorities say they were able to identify the body as Nina Reiser's through dental records, jewelry and clothing. more at link:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g5W1A6PkYLjOZCLGF_XtA0Mio6HwD91PUQ001

I cannot even begin to articulate in "nice" words how I feel about this monster. Hopefully all his parole board hearings can take all this into consideration. Thanks for the link. He's right up there in my book with Scott Peterson (which I did not think ever possible)- horrid, horrid "humans"

"Handcuffed to his attorney, Reiser led authorities Monday to Nina's remains, buried in a 4-foot-deep hole a half-mile from Reiser's mother's home in the 6900 block of Exeter Drive. Reiser told authorities that he hopes a cherry tree can be planted to mark the grave site, which was down a steep hillside in the 8200 block of Skyline Boulevard off a hiking trail in Redwood Regional Park."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_9822787

Isn't he a sweetheart? How nice that he wants to memorialize the place where he placed the mother of his children 4 feet underground!! What an unmitigated *advertiser censored**!

I am just appalled by this deal - appalled. That he can get on the stand and lie, that he can drag out the trial for six months, and that he's just sociopathic enough to wait till two days before his sentencing...may prison justice await him.

I agree with you cins. It galls me to my stomach that men like this guy can lie and lie and barefaced lie and then turn around at the last minute to save their own skin and do stuff like this. They shouldnt be allowed to get away with it:mad: He is a and I hope he dies roaring in prison!

What makes me sick to my stomach, is that he still believes he killed Nina "in the best interest of his children, to save them from a women who "made up illnesses" to gain attention.

He still believes in my mind that he did nothing wrong. That he was "entitled" to murder the mother of his children to save them from their mother.

Oh, more like she was trying to save them from you Hans and that she acted in the best interest of the children. Too bad, that murdering the mother of your children, is not in their best interest, but yours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back