Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://cbs2.com/local/Norma.Lopez.Missing.2.1813901.html

Jul 20, 2010 2:59 am US/Pacific
Officials To Give Update On Missing I.E. Teen

Riverside County Deputies and detectives are expected to give an update on the search for a missing Moreno Valley teen Tuesday morning.

Deputies and detectives on Saturday searched for 17-year-old Norma Lopez while authorities said the evidence points to an abduction.

http://www.inlandnewstoday.com/story.php?s=15200

Story Date: July 20, 2010

MORENO VALLEY – The case of missing 17-year-old Norma Lopez is taking on growing concern.

Investigators said Tuesday her disappearance is a ‘tragic scenario’, a case of ‘child abduction’.

Rewards have grown to $35,000 and the FBI’s Don Roberts says they have joined the investigation.

“We are here in force to help the Moreno Valley Police Department. We will not go anywhere until this case is solved.”

This is so heartbreaking on numerous levels. Police have 'exhausted leads'.....but aren't any closer to where Norma might be. ALL news sources seem to be touting the 'MAY' have been kidnapped/abducted.....while LE has found evidence at the scene of a struggle, while her belongings were strewn on the ground, and when she has NO history of being a runaway......still she isn't exactly getting the coverage such a kidnapping would typically garner.
It seems that LE doesn't know what to do.....it seems that they believe they have nothing else to go on...that all tips have been checked out. They are now 'seeking new leads'.....which, I guess, is why the reward is so high. Norma's older sister is the one speaking for the family, which makes me think that their parents may only speak Spanish or not speak English well. I wonder if that plays into why there is so little coverage/interest. Obviously, this is just north of the Mexican border, and my fear is that we may never know what became of Norma.
This recent article clarifies-IMHO-that no one actually saw the abduction...
"She was attending classes at Valley View High School and was out of class by 10 a.m., Borja said. The teen often took a shortcut through a dirt field located southeast of the school.

"She had plans to meet her sister and another friend," Borja said. "When she didn't arrive they began looking for her. They looked for approximately two hours, they looked in the dirt field and along the trail that she normally walks through and found some property belonging to her."

Investigators said there were signs of a struggle in the area, which caused them to suspect that she may have been taken against her will. Borja did not elaborate.

"They're personal belongings and they do belong to her, we've confirmed that," Borja said.

Investigators are also looking for the driver and passengers of a newer-model green SUV seen near the dirt field at the time of her disappearance.

"We're not saying it's the suspect's vehicle at this point because it may not be," Borja said. "But it was seen in that area…maybe they were witnesses to something that may have occurred." " http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-moreno-vally-teen-norma-lopez-continues.html

SOAPBOX: Why in the world are they STILL using this photo of Norma--that looks almost like a painting and almost nothing like the RECENT photos we have of Norma. Further and more importantly, why in the world would they use ANY other photo when they have a picture of Norma IN THE OUTFIT SHE WAS LAST WEARING!!! Ack! I'm going to write to this reporter....and any others I can find!!

MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (AP) - Authorities offered a $35,000 reward Tuesday for new information in the search for Norma Lopez, a 17-year-old girl who authorities suspect was kidnapped while walking home from school.

"We have pretty much exhausted every means possible but are continuing to look for her," said Sgt. Joe Borja of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12840933

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100720/NEWS01/100720026/Human-remains-found-in-Moreno-Valley

Desert Sun wire services • July 20, 2010

Human remains were found today in a Moreno Valley neighborhood, but officials would not immediately say whether the body was that of a missing 17-year-old girl.

The human remains were found around 3 p.m., apparently by a resident, near Theodore Street and Dracaea Avenue. Investigators would not say whether the remains were of a male or female.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100720/NEWS01/100720026/Human-remains-found-in-Moreno-Valley

Desert Sun wire services • July 20, 2010

Human remains were found today in a Moreno Valley neighborhood, but officials would not immediately say whether the body was that of a missing 17-year-old girl.

The human remains were found around 3 p.m., apparently by a resident, near Theodore Street and Dracaea Avenue. Investigators would not say whether the remains were of a male or female.

I hope and pray it's not Norma. Even if it proves to be not her, that is someone's loved one. Someone's child, or sibling. Prayers for the family of the person found.

This discovery is unfortunate, and I hate to thibnk the worst, but this is probably the body of Norma. I cannot imagine what the parents of this lovely girl are going through right now. How heartbreaking, and here was a teen on the verge of becoming indepent, learning how to take care of herself in an adult world. Who knows what she could have accomplished. It was all stolen from her. How sad that some horrible events occur in this world that are cruel beyond our understanding. What is it that motivates one to commit evil deeds. I hope the killer of this person is caught quickly and punished.

Oh my God. I did not think this would end this way at all, if this is Norma. Her poor family.

I was coming to post about this body found, heard it on HLN from Jane Valez :(, I know there is no conformation yet but I sure we all know, after being here on WS long enough you just know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back