CA - Norma Lopez, 17, abducted & murdered, Moreno Valley, 15 July 2010 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Human remains found in Moreno Valley, but it is not known if they are of missing teenager [Updated]
July 20, 2010 | 4:45 pm

Human remains were found in a Moreno Valley neighborhood this afternoon, but authorities did not know whether they were of a 17-year-old girl who police believe may have been kidnapped last week while walking home from summer school.

[Updated, 5:10 p.m.: The remains were found in a remote farming area around Dracaea Avenue and Theodore Street at the far east end of Moreno Valley, a few miles from Valley View High School where Norma Lopez was a student. The body has yet to be identified as male or female.

Barin Butler, 44, who owns a horse ranch near the scene where the body was found said he had been driving around his property the day before and did not see anything suspicious.

“Whoever it is, it’s still bad,” he said. “But I hope it’s not the girl who’s missing.”]

Lopez was reported missing about 12:30 p.m. Thursday by her older sister, Sonja, after she failed to return home from summer school. She was out of class at Valley View High School by 10 a.m. and had plans to meet her older sister and another friend, authorities said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...horitiesdid-not-know-whether-theywere-of.html

I was coming to post about this body found, heard it on HLN from Jane Valez :(, I know there is no conformation yet but I sure we all know, after being here on WS long enough you just know.

Yes, I know. It is very sad.

unfortunately I expected this especially when police said there were signs of a skuffle and some of her personal possessions were found at the site where she went missing from., I do think this sucks big time. A girl can't walk home from school and be safe. Some perv comes by and grabs her!!!!! I like JVM think this is a war against women, We need to do something to protect our daughters and each other. Sincerest prayers to the family. May God be with you and May LE find this animal!!!

I too, have been around here long enough to suspect how this is going to end but, we don't know for sure it's Norma yet! Until we do, I'm going to keep praying for her safe return.

I was coming to post about this body found, heard it on HLN from Jane Valez :(, I know there is no conformation yet but I sure we all know, after being here on WS long enough you just know.
Only three miles from where she vanished, LE won't reveal the gender or any other details even though there must be something identifying about the remains, and how many other possibilities who this could be ~ yes, we've been here before. :cry:

This is just so awful and must be so so scary........I have been on WS since Oct last year and I am so amazed at the amount of children and girls in the US who are killed.....with the children it is quite rare that it is a stranger but with the young teenage girls and girls in their early twenties it is more often than not a stranger........the amount of cases I have read......and it normally goes the same way....they are abducted for sex and then killed so they dont tell........

Of course it happens here in Australia as well......but we had a miniscule population compared to you and so it does not seem to happen as much.....and of course websleuths is bringing these cases to attention........

It really is scary that young girls have to be careful ALWAYS!.......

I hope it isnt her but once again it is someone deceased......she truly is beautiful and does not/did not deserve......just walking home from school!

Oh no. When I checked this thread a few hours ago I was disappointed that LE seemed to be running out of leads. But now this. This is much worse. :(

May Norma's family at least find out quickly whether it is her or not. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Snipped..................................................

Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Joe Borja said the remains were not immediately identified as female or male. They were located in a semirural area along a long road lined with utility poles and with desert scrub on each side.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11211681

Snipped..................................................

Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Joe Borja said the remains were not immediately identified as female or male. They were located in a semirural area along a long road lined with utility poles and with desert scrub on each side.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11211681
Either clothed, severely decomposed or both, imo, would lead to that statement. Again, cautiously worded with "not immediately identified..." MOO

For any locals or anyone familiar with that area:

What is the weather like there? Arid, Humid? Desert, High desert? Temps from 15 July till discovery of the body?

TIA I know I could google that info, but it helps me to work things out in my mind if someone directly relates to me that info!

Either clothed, severely decomposed or both, imo, would lead to that statement. Again, cautiously worded with "not immediately identified..." MOO

Yes I agree. Unclothed, advanced decomp, or other injuries can make it difficult to determine ID. Just some thoughts.

Holy carp on July 15th the temp reached a high of 105 with about 22% humidity.

IMHO that would hasten the process of decomp. :(

Yes I agree. Unclothed, advanced decomp, or other injuries can make it difficult to determine ID. Just some thoughts.
She was wearing black jeans, and the striped top that we've seen in the photo. The top would be identifiable but black jeans could be either male or female. If the body is unclothed I imagine it is very badly decomposed if they can't even identify gender ~ or possibly just don't want to at this point. MOO

Holy carp on July 15th the temp reached a high of 105 with about 22% humidity.

IMHO that would hasten the process of decomp. :(
OMG ~ I didn't realize it's been that hot! :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman