CA - Norma Lopez, 17, abducted & murdered, Moreno Valley, 15 July 2010 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG ~ I didn't realize it's been that hot! :eek:

Having lived in the desert (but at over 4,000 feet elevation) if you have 22% humidity with that level of actual temp. It's bad. Real bad. 22% might seem like nothing compared to the southeast but the sun is different in the SW and CA in my humble opinion.

I think that's on the outside chance it isn't Norma that it could take several days. It seems cautiously worded. MOO

<snip>

Borja said he did not know what clothing was on the dead body, nor could he describe what condition the remains were in, confirming only they were discovered in tall grass, on the west side of Theodore.

Few residences are on the road, which is just off the Moreno Valley (60) Freeway. There is a commercial development about a quarter-mile from where the body was dumped, as well as a farming operation.

I wonder what kind of farm, or community this is?

Having lived in the desert (but at over 4,000 feet elevation) if you have 22% humidity with that level of actual temp. It's bad. Real bad. 22% might seem like nothing compared to the southeast but the sun is different in the SW and CA in my humble opinion.
Wouldn't the conditions the body has been in almost be like desert heat that would literally dry out the remains?

Time for me to say goodnight, but with many prayers for Norma's family tonight. :prayer:

This is just an opinion:

I simply don't see how this could be random.

First: someone had to have known that these summer school kids got out at a certain time, that they traveled this way, that they would cut through this dirt field.

BBM-

Also, summer school in Calif. this year is mandatory only if a student is falling behind with their schoolwork. So someone had to have known that Norma was in school at this time.

Second: someone had to have known that the number of kids travelling across that field would be so few, or that Norma would be traveling essentially alone, or they wouldn't dare risk abducting her from THAT location.

BBM-
Agree, I think this knew she'd be alone.

Third: the location. This isn't an easily accessable area.....the interstate and get away paths aren't super easy to find and super close to the abduction site. That makes me think that there is another location where she was being taken...a home most likely.....but that it was done by someone local.....someone who knew the area and possibly knew (or knew of) Norma specifically.

BBM-
Odd - how a body of an unknown person was dumped only 3 miles away from where Norma was taken. Falls within the statistics of a known .

Norma is absolutely stunning. I can't help but think that someone else saw how georgeous she is and has harmed her because of that. I pray I am wrong....but in the mean time, I would like to search local sex offenders and, equally important, I don't think this is the first time this person has followed or seen Norma. I wonder if she told her friends about anyone following her, about anyone calling her or about seeing the same person again and again.

BBM-
Once we get the body ID'd, we need to start on possible .

Thanks, for a great post!~

Wouldn't the conditions the body has been in almost be like desert heat that would literally dry out the remains?

I see you left for the evening so you might see this in the morning. Not at 22% humidity, that's pretty darn high.

I was accustomed to living at 8%-10% humidity and at that humidity level you would expect the end result you outlined that I quoted.

IMHO it would simply speed the process...very very quickly.

In the link trigger just posted above me, the FBI has already informed Norma's parents that it's a possibility that it's her.

I see you left for the evening so you might see this in the morning. Not at 22% humidity, that's pretty darn high.

I was accustomed to living at 8%-10% humidity and at that humidity level you would expect the end result you outlined that I quoted.

IMHO it would simply speed the process...very very quickly.

In the link trigger just posted above me, the FBI has already informed Norma's parents that it's a possibility that it's her.

I just saw that to Kat...Did you watch the video? Alot of people are gathering.

FBI agents investigating Norma's kidnapping are assisting homicide detectives with the body.

The scene is in a remote area, near the planned site of the Skechers warehouse, just west of Gilman Springs Road.

The body was found west of Theodore, near horse ranches and greenhouses.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_webbody.29a1959.html

Prayers for Norma and her family

Goodnite

webbody21sla_400.jpg

Moreno Valley police investigate the scene near the corner of Dracaea Avenue and Theodore Street where human remains were discovered.​

Yes trigger it looks like a presser from LE.

Not the past week or more. We've been having monsoonal humidity and extreme heat, not our normal dry heat at all.

A local resident doing yard work found the body around 3 p.m. about a mile south of the 60 Freeway, just off Theodore Street, on the eastern outskirts of the city in an area surrounded by wheat fields, horse ranches and jagged hills. The remains, which have yet to be identified as male or female, were found in the tall grass and near a line of trees but were not otherwise concealed, said Sgt. Joe Borja, a Sheriff's Department spokesman.
"I know you're all interested in finding out whether this is Norma Lopez or not, and honestly we do not know," Borja told reporters gathered several hundred yards from the crime scene. "No matter which way it is, it's still a tragic event. There's someone out in the field who is dead."

Officials from the county coroner's office had removed the body by Tuesday evening.
Borja said late Tuesday that an autopsy will be conducted Wednesday morning, allowing authorities to determine the sex of the person. The body was too decomposed to discern that at the scene, he said. Investigators don't know how long the body was in the field because the recent heat wave probably accelerated the decomposition, Borja said.
Dental records and DNA tests will also be used to determine whether the remains are Norma's.
Borja said police warned the Lopez family about the grim discovery, and they remained secluded in their Moreno Valley home.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0721-kidnap-20100721,0,6984514.story

It is hard to comprehend that after less than a week... a body could be so decomposed they cannot even determine the sex. Wow. That's incredible.

So if she had a routine for summer school, 8:00 am to 10:00 am someone could have been watching her daily especially if she walked the same way every time she went to school and back home......

Prayers for Norma, I hope she is found quickly and safely

Or someone may have been watching that field, knowing that students often used it as a shortcut.

Either way, it does not look good.

http://www.ohio.com/news/nation/98914539.html

By Associated Press
POSTED: 08:38 a.m. EDT, Jul 21, 2010

MORENO VALLEY, CALIF.: An autopsy was scheduled Wednesday on an unidentified body found several miles from where a 17-year-old Southern California girl disappeared on her way home from a summer school class last week.

Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Melissa Nieburger said investigators were proceeding cautiously and wouldn't be able to positively identify the remains for possibly several days.

http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2010/07/update-on-missing-girl-planned.html

By PE News on July 21, 2010 10:50 AM

The results of an autopsy conducted on a body found in Moreno Valley will be discussed this afternoon.

Authorities have not announced if the body was that of a missing Moreno Valley girl.

Riverside County sheriff's homicide detectives and Moreno Valley police will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. to discuss the autopsy and update the search for Norma Lopez, a 17-year-old who has been missing since Thursday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back