CA - O.J. Simpson & the murders of Nicole Brown, Ron Goldman, 1994 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, there was no planted evidence. OJ slaughted those two. He brought a knife.....and premeditated the murders. He walked because he was black.....the mostly black jury wanted to give it to the white folks. They celebrated a black killing two whites ........

Wow, some might read those comments and view them as racist...

I dont think they needed to plant evidence, frankly. As for the rest-I know there have been allegations of jury tampering for years, and I think there might be some fire there. IIRC, the jury was not allowed to hear evidence (including the 911 calls) of domestic violence.

The audio of him smashing Nicole's car with a baseball bat would have been enough to seal his fate.

You raise an interesting point about the 911 audio.

I'd urge you to fully examine the blood evidence from the socks in o.j.'s bedroom and be interested in your thoughts after reviewing it.

Oddly enough, I actually got to ask Dr Henry Lee about the OJ case (after the verdict). He was at a crime and forensics conference at the hotel where I was working. We asked him about OJ and he told us he felt that OJ had some help with it. We didn't get to have a real discussion about it it, we just got the someone cryptic answer to the effect that OJ had not pulled it all off on his own. I wish I understood more of what he meant by that but we didn't get a chance to have a longer discussion.

That is most interesting. I would be thrilled if you and Dr Lee cross paths again and get to continue that dialogue (and dish about it here)

No, there was no planted evidence. OJ slaughted those two. He brought a knife.....and premeditated the murders. He walked because he was black.....the mostly black jury wanted to give it to the white folks. They celebrated a black killing two whites ........

Wow, some might have viewed their celebration as racism. One thing is for certain, this jury didn't do their job.

Wow, some might have viewed their celebration as racism. One thing is for certain, this jury didn't do their job.

I'm sure you forgot to include the phrase "in my opinion" since to my knowledge none of us served on that particular jury...

Nope, I didn't forget to include anything. A jury is tasked with reviewing all the evidence and rendering a verdict. This jury did not pick a foreperson, review 8+ months of evidence, read over the charges/instructions and come to a unanimous decision all in 4 hrs. It is not possible.

HOOD -- The LA LE wanted OJ, he was their guy and they blew off any or all other suspects IMO

That's why OJ's son Jayson flew under the LE radar..and his guilt is very damning and compelling.

The LAPD used to hang out at Simpson's house, bring girls and friends by in order to impress them, and bug him for autographs and memorabilia (all attention he seems to have enjoyed).

Why would they all of a sudden want to bring him down?

I promise you, fame trumps race in Hollywood.

I don't for a moment believe anyone was celebrating the death of two white people.

But there was a belief among some African-Americans in neighborhoods such as those from which the jurors were chosen that the LAPD had long deliberately targeted and framed black men. (That belief was later proven to be true in the Rampart scandal.)

If there was celebration, it was that a system which seemed omnipotent actually lost for once.

Personally, I spent the night of the verdict talking my best black friend down off a metaphorical ledge. He was appalled and outraged! (And he knew first hand what it often meant to be black in LA!)

You raise an interesting point about the 911 audio.

I'd urge you to fully examine the blood evidence from the socks in o.j.'s bedroom and be interested in your thoughts after reviewing it.

I did, fellow sleuther. Cross contamination? Maybe, but a plant? There wasnt any need. If they were going to plant evidence, the car/vehicle was the ideal place to do it imvho. It would have made way more sense, again imvho, to get more blood into the vehicle.

He wasnt framed. I think he had may have had help, but I think he was fully capable in a coke fueled rage of doing this on his own.

I think his children heard the murder. That I believe.

The tragedy of this case for me, and the current sickening allegation made here, is the encounter between Jason and Dominick Dunne as related in one of Dunne's books.

Simpson wouldnt hesitate to allow suspicion to fall on someone who loved him and who was raised to trust him-that is readily apparent here. I continue to believe that Simpson is mentally and emotionally equivalent to a parasite that consumes whatever host it happens upon.

I did, fellow sleuther. Cross contamination? Maybe, but a plant? There wasnt any need. If they were going to plant evidence, the car/vehicle was the ideal place to do it imvho. It would have made way more sense, again imvho, to get more blood into the vehicle.

He wasnt framed. I think he had may have had help, but I think he was fully capable in a coke fueled rage of doing this on his own.

I think his children heard the murder. That I believe.

The tragedy of this case for me, and the current sickening allegation made here, is the encounter between Jason and Dominick Dunne as related in one of Dunne's books.

Simpson wouldnt hesitate to allow suspicion to fall on someone who loved him and who was raised to trust him-that is readily apparent here. I continue to believe that Simpson is mentally and emotionally equivalent to a parasite that consumes whatever host it happens upon.

Thanks for your nice reply. :)

I never suggested he was framed, in my initial reply I stated that I wished that the Bundy crime scene was preserved to gain the plethora of evidence that was washed away or contaminated by careless crime scene work. I say that with the benefit of years of crime analysis technology innovations and stricter structure/procedures for maximizing the evidence and piece together the story a crime scene can tell. I honestly don't have an opinion about which side's case such evidence would bolster but I'd be really interested to find out.

As far as the Rockingham evidence, if the socks didn't tell a different story raising doubt; but more importantly if the detective simply followed procedure and wasn't wandering around with blood like a vampire needing his emergency supply LOL or even if he simply wasn't filmed with it; that could have changed everything. But we'll never know and it sinks that we'll never know.

I think that the Bundy crime scene being preserved would have yielded the most evidence but we'll never know.

I don't for a moment believe anyone was celebrating the death of two white people.

But there was a belief among some African-Americans in neighborhoods such as those from which the jurors were chosen that the LAPD had long deliberately targeted and framed black men. (That belief was later proven to be true in the Rampart scandal.)

If there was celebration, it was that a system which seemed omnipotent actually lost for once.

Personally, I spent the night of the verdict talking my best black friend down off a metaphorical ledge. He was appalled and outraged! (And he knew first hand what it often meant to be black in LA!)

Nova, :seeya:. I can't recall off hand which media source showed folks celebrating not only OJ s getting off but also showed and interviewed blacks who literally said .....Yeah....now a black man is walking free and 2 white people are dead. It caused huge racial tension where I live.
:moo:

Believe (or anyone who nows): would you please refresh my memory? What was the incident between Jason & Dominick Dunne? I know I read about it some time ago but can't recall. Thanks!

Believe (or anyone who nows): would you please refresh my memory? What was the incident between Jason & Dominick Dunne? I know I read about it some time ago but can't recall. Thanks!

Transcribed from:
"Justice: Crimes, Trials, and Punishments"
Dominick Dunne

Introduction xi to xii
On the day before the verdict at the OJ Simpson trial, I stepped into an elevator which the only other passenger was Simpson's son from his first marriage, Jason. He had been unfriendly and hostile for the nine months of the trial, and we had never spoken, but he spoke to me that day in the elevator. "How was Norman Lear's dinner?" he asked me, referring to a celebrity dinner party I had attended a few evenings before at the home of the creator of "All in the Family." "How did you know I was at Norman Lear's dinner?" I asked, startled. He told me he had been the catering service chef in the kitchen while I held court in the dining room discussing his father in a very derogatory manner. I thought My God, what are the odds that this could happen? But things like this happen to me quite often.

Nova, :seeya:. I can't recall off hand which media source showed folks celebrating not only OJ s getting off but also showed and interviewed blacks who literally said .....Yeah....now a black man is walking free and 2 white people are dead. It caused huge racial tension where I live.
:moo:

I saw the same newscasts. I don't remember the quotes as you paraphrase above. I believe they may have been said in the exuberance of the moment, but I also know it was quite a circus around the courthouse and the media tends to report the most sensational statements.

But I think you have to put those remarks in a context of a society where blacks represent 12% of the total population and 40% of the prison population. One in three black men will end up "in the system" at some point in his life. One in three people executed by the government is black.

There are many reasons (including racism, but not exclusively) for the imbalance in those numbers, and I think it's highly unfortunate and cruelly ironic that a man like O.J. Simpson, a wealthy athlete and movie star who turned his back on the black community, became a symbol of injustice. But we can understand that a community that feels helpless rejoiced in a moment of empowerment.

I don't believe that means they wanted white people dead as a rule. When it comes to hate-crime statistics, African-Americans commit such crimes in percentages much closer to their numbers in the actual population.

And the folks you saw interviewed on LA streets were not, by and large, legal scholars.

Thursday, the 12th, will be 20 years.

I wonder if O.J. went there with then intention of killing Nicole. Maybe he went there to talk before he left or to scare her but flew off the handle when he saw Goldman and thought she was calling in a young 25-year-old stud. Only he knows.

I watched the trial religiously and read the requisite numerous books post acquittal.

I saw the first three words of the title of this thread and I literally laughed out loud.

I worked with black people who were ecstatic that OJ got off. It was tough!

Actually the O.J. trial was what put me off CNN. Before that, I used to turn on CNN when I first got up in the morning and left it on until the evening. I was bored stiff by about the second day of the trial and switched to talk radio and I never went back to CNN. Now I don't even have pay TV of any sort.

Anyway, 20 years ago today.

Dateline aired the trial last night, plus the civil trial and his current conviction- 33 years, but he's eligible for parole in 2017, ugh!
There were a couple of witnesses we didn't hear about that could have bolstered the prosecution- a woman who saw him speeding away from Bundy with his lights off shortly after the time of the murders and recognized him- but she sold her story. And a man at LAX airport who witnessed OJ dumping items from his gym bag into a trash can there. It was too late to retrieve the items when they found out about it. Kato also admitted OJ pressured him to lie about his alibi, about the time they went to McDonald's (right before the murders).
And when the jury saw OJ's house, all the pictures of OJ with white people were changed to pictures of black people to stage it to sway the jury.
They also played OJ's depo tapes where he admitted beating her up, and he told his prosecution team, "If this jury convicts me, then I guess I did it!"
OJ's blood matched what was found at the crime scene- this was no plant!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back