CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
That is a good explanation for why some are in such similar poses as the missing pics. He might also be yet another sicko who took photos. Or he could have sketched them previously.
YES your right Beekarina.. i never thought of him having them sketched them previously and held on to them.
I had looked at the first set of sketches released as I mentioned before looks like he took his time on all of them with colors and details and the most recent ones looked rushed.

Another thought I had. I wondered if he copied photos of other missing women that look similar to his victims when no photo is available for his victim?

I personally believe it's all bs. Attention seeking and maybe trying to be taken from prison to lead LE on a wild goose chase for their remains. I agree his drawing looks like the photo you reference.
When the news first broke about SL claiming to have a lot more victims out there, I remember reading that detectives could not find any victims which matched the demographics of his alleged victims. I wonder if he has internet access where he's incarcerated to search for missing persons to claim. I know that inmates in Florida prisons have access. At one point it was discovered that they where posting on dating websites. True fact.

Oh that I did not know sleuther .. good thought about claiming victims too. And yes it really makes me wonder about internet access to be able to copy the photos. Omg and yes I do remember hearing about the prisioners posting on dating sites.. like that Luka guy from Canada I believe he had put himself on some dating site too. It's nuts.

9f944da6-956a-4134-adea-b830657760bc-large16x9_SamuelLittle_1542315488305.jpg_62319742_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Is this the same man who went by Cleveland Hill? Retha Lee Hiers – The Charley Project
Donyelle Chrishum Johnson – The Charley Project
Margaret R. Dash – The Charley Project

The dates don't match the missing clearwater women from the map on here though. A couple years off. ViCAP Links Murders to Prolific Serial Killer

Omg Sleuthster YOU know what is crazy I thought the SAME exact thing!!! The Cleveland guy does look like him!!! Which actually brings me to one of the women I matched To one of his drawings. (I have to stop slacking and post my matches and ask what you guys think)

If this is Not Rita this is what also made me think that if there is NO photo of his victim , he prob copies a photo of a missing woman that resembles his victims and then draws them.

This is my theory on the drawing of the woman in the green dress:
To make the drawing of the woman in the green dress, I believe he took these 2 photos of Rita AND combined them. The dresscoloring and skin tonein the color photo and the positioning facial features and eyebrows shapes and even the hair down to the same way the hair is parted in the black and white photo .

The Memphis woman I think matched that drawing by a Fluke or that he remembered the Memphis woman resembling like these photos of Rita. So he used those photos of Rita as reference and drew his sketch and prob said oh this is some woman I killed in Memphis yaadda yadda. Again they are not exact because he modifies them but once you start looking at the details you can see how he copies them.
Trust me I have become a bit OCD on these for a while now ha!

QUICK QUESTION: Does anyone know if Samuel did the drawing of the the woman in the green dress and it came out With info that she was from Memphis and he killed her.. OR Was it only After the son came out and said that it looked like his Mother did the cops label the woman in the green dress to be the Memphis woman?

I know some of his drawings had No info which is why Iam asking. All of this is my speculation and opinion. Because I believe the drawing of the woman in the green dress was copied from these 2 photos below.
  • retha_l._hiers_2.jpg
  • retha_l._hiers_3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3184.PNG
    IMG_3184.PNG
    614.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It is likely that Samuel Little is, in fact, a serial killer. Just how he "remembers" the faces and hairdo's of all his victims is an interesting question being discussed. It seems rather obvious from some of the photos of known murder victims and his subsequent sketches, that he has seen the photo before.

I wonder if the photos in question were published in newspapers or on line prior to his sketches. Perhaps he was the sort of killer who followed news reports of his crimes and kept scrapbooks, or clippings? It is also possible that he may be taking credit for crimes he did NOT commit, in the style of the Zodiac killer.

If his sketches are being made many years after the fact, and at a time when he has NOT had recent access to photos published in the media, then it would seem more likely that he actually did commit the murders he is claiming. That is, he saw their photos and studied them in detail at some earlier time because he had a personal interest in them.

Investigators seek help identifying serial killer's Chattanooga area victim

March 19th, 2019

"...Since the FBI announced Nov. 27 that Little confessed to a killing in the Chattanooga area, local investigators have worked to identify the body of Little's presumed victim. They exhumed her remains from a pauper's grave in Dade County, and a Georgia Bureau of Investigation forensic artist created a facial reconstruction and sketch of what they believe the woman looked like.

But the GBI and Hamilton County's Cold Case Unit are waiting for a breakthrough — namely, a tip from the public....

Investigators believe the woman Little claims to have killed matches a body found off Interstate 24 in September 1981, near the exit into Wildwood, Georgia. Montgomery estimated the woman had been dead for between six months and a year at the time someone found her remains.

Investigators believe the woman was from the Chattanooga area, Northwest Georgia or Northeast Alabama...."

img62474771144604_t1070_h64307420113671ac2f45abcadfde30803e42022e.jpg

([Staff Photo by Robin Rudd)]Joe Montgomery, second from right, of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation discusses the search for the identity of one of Samuel Little's victims. Also pictured, from left, are Mike Mathis Supervisor of the Cold Case unit for the Hamilton County District Attorneys Office, Neal Pinkston Hamilton County District Attorney and Steve Roger Special Agent for the GBI. In the foreground is a facial reconstruction of the victim.
Photo by Robin Rudd /Times Free Press.)

Investigators seek help identifying 1981 local homicide victim of Samuel Little

4e39060d-a878-46b8-b359-dea58c041d6e-large16x9_1981coldcaseillustrationSamuelLittleHamiltonCo.ColdCaseUnitWTVC.png

(click to enlarge)

On Tuesday, Hamilton County District Attorney's Cold Case Unit, Tennessee issued a plea to the public for help identifying one of Samuel Little's victims, who was killed in 1981 in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
---
Three of his victims were reportedly from Tennessee.

One of those victims is the focus of Hamilton County's Cold Case Unit.
---
When Supervisor Mathis reached out to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Joe Montgomery immediately recalled the September 28, 1981, discovery of the nude body of an unidentified black female found in a heavily wooded area of northwest Dade County, GA.
---
Holland passed along additional information from Little’s confession which made it clear Little was describing the 1981 Dade County cold case.
---
Little said he met the woman in a nightclub on 9th Street (now MLK Blvd.) in Chattanooga in the early 80s. He described the victim as a light-skinned black female, with a big build, in her early to mid 20s. Little and the woman left the club together and went to a secluded road where Little strangled her. He then rolled her body off an embankment. In Little’s words, the body kept rolling, implying he was on a steep ridge.

Clewell says additional information given by Little regarding the initial encounter and ultimate homicide confirm Little is the one responsible for killing the unidentified woman found dead in Dade County, GA, in 1981.
---
Investigators believe the victim was from the Chattanooga area, northwest Georgia or northeast Alabama.

Investigators seek help identifying 1981 local homicide victim of Samuel Little

So, in this case his story is matched to found Jane Doe. Not sure if she has thread on UID forum yet. Just to add drawing seen above on the left is not from Little but from famous forensic artist Kelly L (can't recall full name). All her sketches of unidentifed she is doing for Georgia state are fantastic.

March 19th, 2019

"...Since the FBI announced Nov. 27 that Little confessed to a killing in the Chattanooga area, local investigators have worked to identify the body of Little's presumed victim. They exhumed her remains from a pauper's grave in Dade County, and a Georgia Bureau of Investigation forensic artist created a facial reconstruction and sketch of what they believe the woman looked like.

But the GBI and Hamilton County's Cold Case Unit are waiting for a breakthrough — namely, a tip from the public....

Investigators believe the woman Little claims to have killed matches a body found off Interstate 24 in September 1981, near the exit into Wildwood, Georgia. Montgomery estimated the woman had been dead for between six months and a year at the time someone found her remains.

Investigators believe the woman was from the Chattanooga area, Northwest Georgia or Northeast Alabama...."

([Staff Photo by Robin Rudd)]

img62387307340744_t755_hba067d9e5f0b4eb34da6f2d7576b7680f542421a.jpg

Photo by Robin Rudd /Times Free Press.

"He probably only knew her for about an hour, Mathis said.

Little also could not tell them specifically which club he met the woman in. The killing happened around 1980 or 1981. That's around the same time Ninth Street was renamed Martin Luther King Boulevard.

"We tried talking, describing the area," Mathis said. "He's very detailed. But it's changed so much down there."

samuellittle11.jpg

14/15
Black female, age 24, killed between 1987 and the early 1990s in Monroe, Louisiana
There were at least 3 other serial killers active in Louisiana at that time, targeting the same kind of victims. I think it's very possible Samuel Little 's victims could also have been attributed to a different killer.
With that preface: I think Danielle Britton should be look at as a possible victim of him. New Orleans Serial Killer

Little also could not tell them specifically which club he met the woman in. The killing happened around 1980 or 1981. That's around the same time Ninth Street was renamed Martin Luther King Boulevard.

"We tried talking, describing the area," Mathis said. "He's very detailed. But it's changed so much down there."

Could this missing woman be a possible match?

DTownsel.jpg

Name: Debra Vanessa Townsel
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 01, 1980
Location Last Seen: Deerfield, Broward County, Florida

Physical Description
Date of Birth: February 4, 1959
Race: Black/African American
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Thompson,Denese
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Townsel was last seen on September 27, 1980 in Deerfield, FL.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Broward Sheriffs Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Christopher Blankenship
Agency Phone Number: (954) 321-4735
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: DR80-03-02477
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 11364

Information Source(s)
Doe Network
NamUs
Broward Sheriff’s Office

LINK:

2090DFFL - Debra Vanessa Townsel

Debra Vanessa Townsel
  • debra_vanessa_townsel_2.jpg
Townsel, circa 1980

• Missing Since 07/01/1980
  • Missing From Deerfield, Florida
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 02/04/1959 (60)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Townsel may use the alias name Denese Thompson.
LINK:

Debra Vanessa Townsel – The Charley Project

March 19th, 2019

([Staff Photo by Robin Rudd)]Joe Montgomery, second from right, of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation discusses the search for the identity of one of Samuel Little's victims. Also pictured, from left, are Mike Mathis Supervisor of the Cold Case unit for the Hamilton County District Attorneys Office, Neal Pinkston Hamilton County District Attorney and Steve Roger Special Agent for the GBI. In the foreground is a facial reconstruction of the victim.
Photo by Robin Rudd /Times Free Press.)

I noticed this UID didn't have a WS thread, so I made one:
GA - GA - Dade Co., BlkFem UP17657, pre-40, presumed Little victim, Sept'81

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15