CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Could this girl missing from FL since 1985 be a victim of Little?

It seems really unlikely IMHO. She was only 12 when she went missing. Little's victims were mostly prostitutes and/or drug addicts who were grown women. And while he seems to have killed all races of women (including some white women), the majority of his victims were African American or other minorities from what I have seen so far. He said in an interview he chose victims no one would notice missing (he didn't kill any "important people" or children) and that is why he got away with killing so many for so long. I may not have read about each and every one of his victims but I have not seen one yet that was a white 12 year old. Others who have followed more closely may correct me if I'm wrong on this, but in my opinion Martha Jean Lambert does not fit the demographic of Little's other victims. She wasn't even tall enough to be mistaken for an older teen. MOO.

It seems really unlikely IMHO. She was only 12 when she went missing. Little's victims were mostly prostitutes and/or drug addicts who were grown women. And while he seems to have killed all races of women (including some white women), the majority of his victims were African American or other minorities from what I have seen so far. He said in an interview he chose victims no one would notice missing (he didn't kill any "important people" or children) and that is why he got away with killing so many for so long. I may not have read about each and every one of his victims but I have not seen one yet that was a white 12 year old. Others who have followed more closely may correct me if I'm wrong on this, but in my opinion Martha Jean Lambert does not fit the demographic of Little's other victims. She wasn't even tall enough to be mistaken for an older teen. MOO.
No your right, if anything Martha could’ve been passed off as a 9 or 10 year old with her height and weight

Was hoping this wasn't true but oh well. I wonder if they will manage to get him for all 93 of them.

View attachment 160033

How an Australian helped identify America's 'worst serial killer' Samuel Little

James Glenday and John Mees
Updated 11 minutes ago

The investigators said Mr Little can be charismatic and has a pretty good memory.

Places, streets, trees and cars where he struck are stuck in his mind.
RSBM. He must have a cracker Jack memory, or he is lying/bragging (YECH!). I could never remember all these details, ages of victims, places, years, etc. Watching and waiting...

RSBM. He must have a cracker Jack memory, or he is lying/bragging (YECH!). I could never remember all these details, ages of victims, places, years, etc. Watching and waiting...

A friend of mine recently unwittingly/ naively became involved with a psychopath. She recently told me about his memory. Phrases, words, things she said at times, details of places they'd been, fixations with wanting to go to certain places; these he hung onto. These were things she thought insignificant or ordinary when she had said them not thinking they were significant in any way. She said them thinking he wasn't even paying attention at the time. He observed small details that he hung onto that he later used for manipulation or to hone his future manipulation and emotional mistreatment of women.

Serial killer linked to PB murder

One of the first new victims attributed to Little following post-Ohio convictions that occurred nearly close to two months ago. I know the process of releasing information on victims differs from county to county and who's in charge, but I wish they could have a constant stream of victim identifications that can both cross victims off of the drafted FBI list and update the public.

That being said, rest in peace, Jolanda. May your family get the proper closure they deserve.

Serial killer linked to Arkansas woman’s 1994 slaying

July 16, 2019

"PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are investigating whether possibly the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history is behind the death of an Arkansas woman in 1994.

Police in Pine Bluff are reviewing the case of Jolanda Jones’s death after Samuel Little confessed to her killing, which had been determined to be drug-related.

Investigators have linked Little, 79, to more than 60 killings in at least 14 states dating back to the 1970s. He said he killed 93 women as he crisscrossed the country over the years....

According to a police memo, when Little was in custody in Dallas, Texas, in October 2018, he indicated that he killed Jones, the Pine Bluff Commercial reported . The memo also said that Little painted a picture of Jones as he had of many of his previous victims...."

Serial killer linked to Arkansas woman's 1994 slaying

Police still working to confirm confessions by Ga. born serial killer

Jul 27, 2019

"...Since he began confessing to investigators late last year while held in prison, the 79-year-old has been linked to the deaths of more than 60 women dating back to the 1970s. The failed boxer turned drifter, who was born in Middle Georgia’s Taylor County and has already been sentenced to life for three murders in California, says he killed 93 women as he crisscrossed America, including at least seven in Georgia. He began confessing after investigators struck up a rapport with him and started coaxing information.

The revelations are still coming.

In mid-July, police in Arkansas told the Pine Bluff Commercial newspaper they were investigating whether a woman whose 1994 death was initially ruled drug-related was actually caused by Little. Little had spoken of killing a woman in the area and, as he’s done with dozens of the victims, he recently drew police a sketch of the woman. The likeness to Jolanda Jones, 26, was “remarkable,” authorities found.

In Cincinnati, the Enquirer newspaper reported Friday that an investigator is scouring records for one of Little’s victims.

Last month, Little was indicted for murder in the deaths of two women in the Cleveland, Ohio, area....

While two-thirds of Little’s confessions have been confirmed, only two of those have been in Georgia, one in Dade County near the Tennessee border and one in the Macon area. That leaves three Atlanta-area cases and two from Savannah unconfirmed. The FBI has released sketches of those five victims to see if they could jog someone’s memory who knew them.

Chatham County District Attorney Meg Heap is hopeful because it appears Little is telling the truth.

“He’s kept their memories alive in his head,” Heap told Savannah TV station WSAV. “He has been able to give facts that nobody else but law enforcement knows.”"

Police still working to confirm confessions by Ga. born serial killer

I just finished restructuring the confirmed victim list that I had before, which is now available in a spreadsheet form and now includes both pictures of several of the victims and Little's respective sketches of them!

I tried to compare some of the released photos to that 5x5 wall of portraits of confirmed victims, (along with the officially drawn comparison by LE and media,) but I only was able to get Mindy LaPree's. If anyone wants to speculate or add anything to the document, feel free to make suggestions through the document included below.

Samuel Little Comprehensive Victim List

I just finished restructuring the confirmed victim list that I had before, which is now available in a spreadsheet form and now includes both pictures of several of the victims and Little's respective sketches of them!

I tried to compare some of the released photos to that 5x5 wall of portraits of confirmed victims, (along with the officially drawn comparison by LE and media,) but I only was able to get Mindy LaPree's. If anyone wants to speculate or add anything to the document, feel free to make suggestions through the document included below.

This is fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work. I'm not sure if you are following some other method in the order they are listed. I would just suggest putting them in date order so we can see his timeline of where he has been and when.

This is fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work. I'm not sure if you are following some other method in the order they are listed. I would just suggest putting them in date order so we can see his timeline of where he has been and when.

You're most certainly welcome! With so many women lost to this monster, I figured that there be a better reference point for tracking him and remembering his victims.

The entries are in chronological order for the dates in which victims were found, because of the numerous Jane Does showing up out of nowhere and a lack of public information on when some of the identified victims were reported missing. I dunno, should I go about it a different way?

Thanks for putting this together. Great work! On the Jane Doe from Prince Georges county, do you know where the picture came from? I'm wondering how they have a real picture of a Jane Doe or if that is a reconstruction of some kind. I don't recall seeing that photo before.

Thanks for putting this together. Great work! On the Jane Doe from Prince Georges county, do you know where the picture came from? I'm wondering how they have a real picture of a Jane Doe or if that is a reconstruction of some kind. I don't recall seeing that photo before.

It was a facial reconstruction of PGCJD from awhile back, made in 1988 based off of the article attached to her NamUs entry. Surprisingly, this is the only reconstruction of her other than Little's own illustration, which is a bit melancholic.

https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/UnidentifiedPersons/Cases/2334/Images/7591/Original

Samuel Little: FBI needs your help identifying her

"Almost a decade later, Little was back in Louisiana and on the hunt. Christie Palazzolo with the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program talks about this victim. "They've matched it to this Jane Doe who was recovered in December of 1982. The description matches, she was recovered wearing the gold necklace at the time, we just unfortunately don't know who this individual is."

Sarah Brown was Samuel Little's seventh victim, in 1973. By 1982 this unidentified victim may have been 25th. Little may have just fled the town of Gray in Terrebone Parish after killing Dorothy Richards (REE-shards) in October 1982 when he slipped into New Orleans and he ran into a woman described as a White female, blond hair and blue eyes, 34-44-years old, 5'4" to 5'6', 140-pounds.

Palazzolo says The Bureau needs your help in identifying this victim.

What does Samuel Little remember about the woman? "He met her in the bar, took a liking to her at the bar. He ran out and bought her a gold necklace, came back and gave it to her," Palazzolo says. 'She ends up leaving with him. Together they drove down Interstate-10, they exited near Littlewoods and parked in a park-like area with a river nearby. He ended up killing her and leaving her body there.'"

Here's the Jane in question:

Hate to be clogging up my posts in the thread, but another murder was linked to Little in this same Radio Station series that I overlooked, and she deserves to have her name heard.

Little Rising: Killer's Photographic Memory, Fatal Fetish

"As this report was being prepared, WWL learned about a cold case murder in Plaquemines Parish recently solved by a confession from the long-time serial killer. It's 1978 and Samuel Little takes the life of a 14-year-old girl.

For so many years Karlene Jones (user's note: her name actually spelled Karleen,) was killed her brother Ernest Garrison thought his sister's killer knew the family in the rural roadside community of Jesuit Bend. "We thought it was somebody that she knew, " Garrison says. "Because Karlene, she wouldn't leave with no stranger. When detectives described how she was snatched from the house out the front door."

It was serial killer Samuel Little. Somehow Little learned Karleen's mother's name and used it to kidnap and kill the 14-year-old. Years later when cold case detectives were interviewing Little, according to Garrison, the killer's incredible recall of an old landmark sign on the road leading into Plaquemines Parish confirmed to detectives they were on the right trail."

I didn't think that this monster had it in him to kill an 8th grader, but I hate that I've been disproven.

Samuel Little: FBI needs your help identifying her

"Almost a decade later, Little was back in Louisiana and on the hunt. Christie Palazzolo with the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program talks about this victim. "They've matched it to this Jane Doe who was recovered in December of 1982. The description matches, she was recovered wearing the gold necklace at the time, we just unfortunately don't know who this individual is."

Sarah Brown was Samuel Little's seventh victim, in 1973. By 1982 this unidentified victim may have been 25th. Little may have just fled the town of Gray in Terrebone Parish after killing Dorothy Richards (REE-shards) in October 1982 when he slipped into New Orleans and he ran into a woman described as a White female, blond hair and blue eyes, 34-44-years old, 5'4" to 5'6', 140-pounds.

Palazzolo says The Bureau needs your help in identifying this victim.

What does Samuel Little remember about the woman? "He met her in the bar, took a liking to her at the bar. He ran out and bought her a gold necklace, came back and gave it to her," Palazzolo says. 'She ends up leaving with him. Together they drove down Interstate-10, they exited near Littlewoods and parked in a park-like area with a river nearby. He ended up killing her and leaving her body there.'"

Here's the Jane in question:

Jane Doe's WS thread:
LA - LA - Orleans Parish, WhtFem Skeletal UP2213, 34-44, off I-10, Dec'82

Authorities say a serial killer who claims to have murdered 90 women will plead guilty and be sentenced this week to resolve two decades-old Ohio cases.

Samuel Little was indicted earlier this year for the 1981 murder of 32-year-old Anna Stewart, last seen alive in Cincinnati. Her body was dumped in Grove City, near Columbus.

The 80-year-old Little also is charged with a second murder in Cincinnati. Her identity remains unknown.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters says Little will plead guilty and be sentenced on Friday.
Prosecutor: Serial killer to plead guilty in 2 Ohio slayings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back