CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
Assuming that Little doesn't turn out to be another be another Henry Lee Lucas, I believe that he, like Deangelo and Rader, will have to cause us re-examine what the profiles have told us about this kind of criminal. While he doesn't appear to be particularly intelligent he seems to have done everything a potential killer would have to do not to get caught. Firstly if he did indeed kill 90+ victims in a period of over three decades that means he averaged less that three victims a year. This would have not created the police and media attention that the frequency of killings of say a Ted Bundy, or a Wayne Williams who kept escalating their killing until they were caught.Secondly of course was the peripatetic nature of Littles crimes, moving all over the country, once again making linkage difficult. When you add to that the fact most of his victims were living in at risk lifestyles like drugs and prostitution, you have all the makings of a prolific serial killer.

No doubt given that he was 62 at the time of his arrest, if he had not been caught he would have ceased killing due to old age and had it not been for DNA his murders would have gone unsolved, like Deangelos. These recent killings are demonstrating that the idea that the serial killer cant stop is a myth. The frightening thing wondering how many killers out there who because they are itinerant and pace their crimes have not been caught.

The worst serial killer in U.S. history killed this Indiana woman. Do you know her? | Webb

"She had family in Indiana.

Forty-three years after a married couple discovered her corpse near a Miami, Florida, canal in 1976, that’s all anyone really knows about Miriam Chapman.

They don’t even know her real name. She also went by Angela, and according to the Miami Herald, two social security numbers associated with her led nowhere.

The 25-year-old sex worker is one of 93 victims claimed by Samuel Little: a blistering monster who has now morphed into a doddering old man. Authorities have credibly linked him to at least 50 killings, and last month the FBI crowned him as the "most prolific" serial killer in the history of the U.S."

Does 'Miriam Chapman' have a WS thread?

The worst serial killer in U.S. history killed this Indiana woman. Do you know her? | Webb

The 25-year-old sex worker is one of 93 victims claimed by Samuel Little: a blistering monster who has now morphed into a doddering old man. Authorities have credibly linked him to at least 50 killings, and last month the FBI crowned him as the "most prolific" serial killer in the history of the U.S."

Does 'Miriam Chapman' have a WS thread?

I couldn't find one for her. I did a quick search on the Doe Network, I didn't see any really strong possibilities. The only one I am sharing here I think may be too young but her story of leaving a girls home seems like she possibly could have ended up in Florida as a sex worker. I see a potential resemblance...
3709DFMN - Janet Kramer
3709DFMN.jpg

Janet does have a thread here and people actively trying to find her:
MN - MN - Janet Kramer, 13, Willmar, 1 Jan 1971

Last edited:
I wonder if it could have been 1973 instead of 72?
carol_louise_rodriguez_1.jpg

Carol Rodriguez called her roommate to say a person driving a beige sedan would drive her home to Framington, Massachusetts, and she'd be home by 7:00 p.m. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case: MA - MA - Carol Louise Rodriguez, 29, Spencer, 4 Aug 1973

@Gardener1850 -- Understand this is a reply to an older post, but I'm just getting into the fray here. Interesting connection you've made. By SL's sketch of the Laurel, MD Jane Doe, I see lighter segments of hair (possibly shoulder-length), and lighter colored eyes (could match the green-blue description attributed to Ms. Rodriguez). One thing to note is that the sketch indicates a green color top (seen in sketch just above right shoulder). I would not discount the possible connection you've made based on that alone, but I came across your Jan 2019 post as I was searching for missing MA women from 1973. My search was based on a different unmatched confession...an unnamed woman killed in 1973, aged 25-30, white (possibly of Cuban decent) in Kendall, FL.

SL thought she may have been from MA. SL sketch details a reddish v-neck top. Ms. Rodriguez was said to be wearing a purple mini-dress. Hair is slightly beyond shoulder length, long bangs, brown w/some lighter elements sketched in, broad smile. SL claimed she may have been named "Sarah" or "Donna," though he made the same suggestion for another 1973 murder, that of an African American woman in Louisiana. Unfortunately, the FBI's site does not include an interview segment with TX Ranger H pertaining to this particular victim. More details would be needed to make any type of viable correlation.

What drew me down this path was that, as you stated, SL had difficulty with dates and locations. I feel it at least possible that he may have conflated the MA-connection with another murder closer to Florida (that of the African American woman in LA). The scenario I offer is as follows:

1973 - SL is in MA. He is either the man in the car with whom Ms. Rodriguez had an argument, the man in the vehicle that presumably picked her up while hitchhiking, or both...it's not clear if the person she argued with was the same that would be bringing her to Framingham by 7:00pm that night. Somewhere along the way, SL commits the murder. Perhaps he crosses several state lines with the body. Perhaps, like some other women he claims to have encountered, they struck up a friendship (meaning, maybe she went willingly...at least for a time).

Again, without more info from the interviews, it would be difficult to make any real correlations. I'd be interested to know if he was in MA at all in 1973. Still researching that.

Interested in your (or anyone's) thoughts on this.

This is a great conversation. Ever since I found out about Samuel Little, I started to help moderator the subreddit r/SamuelLittleVictims/ on Reddit. I am interested in his California victims because so many of them have not been drawn from Little. Anyone has any advice of where to start to start doing some research for the victims he has not drawn?

A vast collection of photos found in his home were release. Still identifying these women to determine who were victims. Possibly someone can find a link showing these home photos. Didn't realize he was #1 serial killer surpassing others. Just saw a You Tube video about him. We don't hear of him often and he reigned killing during the presidentcy from Nixon to O'Bama administration. Strange how it wasn't publicized like other serial murderers. Please share your links or info. Thank you.

Correction: Actually it was Lonnie David Parker I was thinking of with the photo collection. I sometimes confuse Samuel Little with Lonnie as there were so many victims. Here is the link to view the photos. Not all have been identified as victims or murdered. I find it eerie so many of the photos are taken in his car. They said, once you got in his car, who knows what would happen. He often brought them back to his mobile home to pose in risque positions. In the pictures, some appear to be dead or passed out. So disturbing is how some of the photos include very young girls, possibly as young as 14

I found a link. You can Google "Photos found in Lonnie Parker's home - CBS News" This has a full gallery of very clear pictures of 154 women.

Officials need help identifying victim of serial killer Samuel Little

Officials need help identifying victim of serial killer Samuel Little

"Do you recognize the sketch of this woman? Harrison County deputies are asking for the public’s help in identifying her.

Little claimed he killed five women that he picked up in the Gulfport area. Three of the five women have been identified, and arrests for those women have been issued. But two of his victims remain unknown.

This sketch was drawn 2 months ago in October 2019. Please keep in mind, this is not an exact picture of the victim, and there may be some inconsistencies from her real appearance.

Here are some more details about the unknown victim.
  • African American
  • Female
  • I was last seen at or near a bar in the north Gulfport area.
  • I went missing or was murdered before December 1992.
  • My body was placed outdoors in a grassy area somewhere in Gulfport.
In 2018, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department charged Little with the murders of Alice Taylor and Tracy Johnson, two women who were killed in December 1992. He said he picked them both up on the same day but at different times, murdering each of them separately and then disposing of their bodies.

Little is also a suspect in the death of Melinda LePree, whose body was found in a Gautier cemetery in 1982. Jackson County authorities say all of the evidence will be brought before a grand jury so they can make a rational decision about how they want to move forward with this case."

This woman was originally estimated to have somewhere from 1980-1984, but I guess that investigators are broadening the timeline because of how uncertain Little is about this time. Now, who was she? And about this other unidentified victim of his?

I suggested this possible match on the MP and UID’s thread but I didn’t think to come here! There hasn’t been much activity on either of those threads and I think you all would know better than anyone!

I don’t want to flood all three threads with the same post, but it can be found on the 2 others’...

KY - Shively, WhtFem 530UFKY, 20-40, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

OH - Lea Anna Allen, 33, Cincinnati, March 16, 1982

My basic theory in a nutshell is;
Lea Anna Allen is Shively Jane Doe is Little’s 1984 Kentucky “Hippie” victim...

80BC71B6-7063-4EA9-81CA-BE511733FCC1.jpegA588D6E2-5F38-4533-A4A1-B25B0597C94C.jpeg65785642-FA18-47D1-87A0-18360AC85BF3.jpegA15FD82F-5D4A-4F54-ABA7-608D1591E879.jpeg
Little’s sketch, Shively Jane Doe, Lea Anna Allen

I would love to know what y’all think! TIA

I suggested this possible match on the MP and UID’s thread but I didn’t think to come here! There hasn’t been much activity on either of those threads and I think you all would know better than anyone!

I don’t want to flood all three threads with the same post, but it can be found on the 2 others’...

KY - Shively, WhtFem 530UFKY, 20-40, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

OH - Lea Anna Allen, 33, Cincinnati, March 16, 1982

My basic theory in a nutshell is;
Lea Anna Allen is Shively Jane Doe is Little’s 1984 Kentucky “Hippie” victim...

View attachment 220782View attachment 220781View attachment 220783View attachment 220784
Little’s sketch, Shively Jane Doe, Lea Anna Allen

I would love to know what y’all think! TIA

I think there is some potential here in this Lea Anna Allen resembling the sketch, but the Jane Doe having a PMI of 15 years at the very latest is a bit of a stretch considering that was nearly 8 years after Allen disappeared. Maybe the PMI could be incorrect, but I think you should submit this as a tip to the FBI if you already haven't!

Confessed serial killer indicted in 35-year-old Savannah murder

"News 3 spoke with the family of Frances Campbell who is believed to have been murdered and raped by Little back in 1984.

She went missing and could not be found for a full year. But her body was found in a construction area on Tremont Road near the area where Interstate 516 was being built.

Campbell had been strangled.

“Mr. Little had stated that he left the woman in the 80s after he strangled her on a pile of construction material,” said Chatham County District Attorney Meg Heap. “Sgt. Robert Santoro (of the Savannah Police Department) found the information, was able to send the picture — site unseen — they sent it out to Mr. Little.

“They did not tell who it was from, what state, and he identified Frances Campbell.”

Little is also accused of — and admitted to — murdering another woman in Savannah in the 1970s."

Confessed serial killer indicted in 35-year-old Savannah murder

Mississippi authorities ask for help with identifying victim in sketch by serial killer Samuel Little

IPOV2WHFIVBEJMMQPBF62UFCME.jpg

The Harrison County Sheriff’s Department in Mississippi this week released a flyer that prominently displays one of Little’s drawings as well as information the killer provided about her.

The woman featured in the sketch, believed to be in her mid-20s, went missing before December of 1992, according to the flyer. Authorities said she stood between 5’ and 5’5” and weighed an estimated 130 pounds.

She was last seen alive near a bar and her body was discovered in “a grassy area somewhere in Gulfport," police said. She’s one of five victims discovered in the city, three of who have already been identified — thanks in part to Little’s sketches.

“Samuel Little drew the above drawing of this victim. Please remember this is not an exact picture of her,” police said. “Call or email with any information, even if they do not closely resemble.”

Mississippi authorities ask for help with identifying victim in sketch by serial killer Samuel Little

On this article you can see many of Little's drawings. Can we match any of them to missing people from our missing forum???
FBI Hopes to ID Victims of America's Deadliest Serial Killer: Women 'Were Missed and Loved'

There is one that says Griffith park highway 5, which is Los Angeles. Apparently there aRe a lot of bodies found there.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...ied-adult-woman-20160327-story.html?_amp=true

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...curse-ghosts-and-now-an-unknown-womans-skull/

Last edited:
I think there is some potential here in this Lea Anna Allen resembling the sketch, but the Jane Doe having a PMI of 15 years at the very latest is a bit of a stretch considering that was nearly 8 years after Allen disappeared. Maybe the PMI could be incorrect, but I think you should submit this as a tip to the FBI if you already haven't!

Lea Allen is my Aunt and I have a meeting with Cincinnati PD on January 25 to get her case opened back up. Any suggestions or helpful information. They have her date missing as 3/16/1982 but she actually went missing in 11/1980 and is presumed deceased. I have tried looking at all the unidentified "Jane Doe's" but there are so many. Thank you for any input.

Lea Allen is my Aunt and I have a meeting with Cincinnati PD on January 25 to get her case opened back up. Any suggestions or helpful information. They have her date missing as 3/16/1982 but she actually went missing in 11/1980 and is presumed deceased. I have tried looking at all the unidentified "Jane Doe's" but there are so many. Thank you for any input.

Is there any more information that you could provide about your aunt? <modsnip>

This is the Samuel Little victim that we are referring to- he may be off with his year estimation, he does have a habit of mixing up years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyKM