Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I'm fixated on; the recycling center.
The red indicator is their apartment in Bakersfield, and you can see how close it is to the recycling center. In addition to the link, I've attached thumbnails including the outdoor burning pit.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Google Maps

Attachments

• Apartment to recycling center.png
    Apartment to recycling center.png
    537.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Recycling center - burn pit.png
    Recycling center - burn pit.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 122
The red indicator is their apartment in Bakersfield, and you can see how close it is to the recycling center. In addition to the link, I've attached thumbnails including the outdoor burning pit.

Google Maps
Is this place open to the public or are you thinking that the perp(s) scaled the fence with two bodies? MOO

Do I have the right place?

Photos: 1098 S Mt Vernon Ave - Google Maps

Is the sale of a house and then subsequent move typically that fast in the states? Stupid question :rolleyes: but its bugging me :eek:
I am not sure when it was listed so not sure how fast the move was.
but normally, Yes, once it has closed, most people get keys the same day.
Not always, in special circumstances, but usually same day possession

Is this place open to the public or are you thinking that the perp(s) scaled the fence with two bodies? MOO

Do I have the right place?

Photos: 1098 S Mt Vernon Ave - Google Maps
That's it.
I have no speculation on entrance
Again, emphasizing I am NOT suggesting anyone at that place of business is involved.

Snipped for focus.
Agreed.
I an imagine one child falling or getting injured accidentally-- but both of them ??
And even if something horrible happened like a hot car death (not that this occurred imo as it was cold out) ; where are they ?
Why not call 911 ?
MOO
If these little guys never made the move, hot car is still on the table. I’m not familiar with Bakersfield or California City, but I’m familiar with Simi Valley in September and a car can still get really, really hot. Not saying that’s what happened but still a possibility. MOO

Do we have any Bakersfield locals on the thread?

I’m wondering what the odor is when the recycling plant is burning things? Does it burn continuously? Now that I think about it, two small bodies might not change the odor that much. I ask because I used to have family who lived near a waste water plant and usually the odor was hardly noticeable but it was unbearable outside when it was doing certain treatments.

I’d like to see LE search the burn area of the plant and know how hot/long it burns. Bones take a much high temp and duration to even begin being affected by fire.

TY for doing that. I have been working as time allows on the Case Archive, and I am still only up to 12/28-29!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I have not had time to read the thread.

About that gift bag they found in the desert this past weekend..... a family brought that to the home. Guessing the wind picked it up.

Thank you for these pics, Amanda!!!!

You ROCK!!! :)

In my family, the grandparents wouldn't be watching children for an extended amount of time, for a "vacation." Does that seem very unusual to anyone else except me? I find myself wondering how and why they convinced the grandparents to take the older kids for awhile.

Also moving into your own house but claiming the young children aren't ever allowed to play freely in the backyard? I'd be sitting on the porch drinking coffee and watching them go wild back there from day 1. Maybe I just don't understand their lifestyle.

Good points, Chattering Birds!

I have a question for all sleuthers...
The answer to which may have been answered...
and I missed it...

With which set of grandparents were the 4 eldest West children staying for the vacation?
Was it the set of g-parents that (seems to have) participated in the recent West/Watkins Family Announcement?....

Or another set of g-parents?

TIA!

In my family, the grandparents wouldn't be watching children for an extended amount of time, for a "vacation." Does that seem very unusual to anyone else except me? I find myself wondering how and why they convinced the grandparents to take the older kids for awhile.

Also moving into your own house but claiming the young children aren't ever allowed to play freely in the backyard? I'd be sitting on the porch drinking coffee and watching them go wild back there from day 1. Maybe I just don't understand their lifestyle.
BBM
Vacation
Just my personal experience, but when my grandkiddos stay with me during the summers when their mom goes to her 5 day concert/camping annual outing, my kiddos called it their "vacation" LOL
We do not know how long the other kids in the West family were on "vacation" with grandparents but mine was usually a week long as I would take them early (so mom could get packed and ready) and ask to keep them few extra days after ( so mom could recoup, haha) so normally a week was our "vacation", as they called it.

Or wait until they go to sleep, kids that young don’t stay up late. Dad could have entertained them in the living room while she’s in a room wrapping gifts.

I wonder if there was any evidence of firewood, the fireplace being lit recently, presents for O&O, or any chalk found outside?
One other thing I recall from the interview the parents gave was that the father said there was a lot of wood over there next to the house, motioning toward the house. I got the impression he wasn’t grabbing wood from a pile of wood that was delivered or stacked by him because he probably would have said the woodpile. It sounded like he was out scavenging wood from the empty lot next door.

One other thing I recall from the interview the parents gave was that the father said there was a lot of wood over there next to the house, motioning toward the house. I got the impression he wasn’t grabbing wood from a pile of wood that was delivered or stacked by him because he probably would have said the woodpile. It sounded like he was out scavenging wood from the empty lot next door.
Totally agree. I thought he was referring to gathering kindling to start a fire.

We live in a wooded, rural area, so I’m constantly going to gather twigs and such to start a fire. However, my 3 & 4 yr. old grand babies LOVE to help Gigi gather the “fire wood” to make a fire. Why wouldn’t dad let those little boys help gather wood, if indeed that was actually happening?
The story doesn’t quite add up for me. JMO

JAN 5, 2021
Community searches for missing toddlers | | cbs46.com (Video)
Volunteers help police comb the desert for two missing toddlers in California. (KERO via CNN)

(Although just published, this appears to just be more video from the weekend. Police Chief speaks at the end.)
Off topic but might be kind of nice if the people of that community would get together and clean up some of that trash, what a mess.

Google Maps
Outdoor/open pile burning is definitely not allowed, where did you get that picture?

Trust me, Bakersfield has some of the worst air quality in California. APCD (County) and the ARB (State) would be all over that and they would lose their permit to operate. If that was a fire in one of their static compost piles or wood piles, it was accidental. Greenwaste and compost piles can become too hot and produce steam that looks like smoke, but that looks a little excessive. IMO, if the boys ended up at this site they would have been discovered, 100%.

Here's their operating permit details- SWIS Facility/Site Summary

Last edited:
Outdoor/open pile burning is definitely not allowed, where did you get that picture?

Trust me, Bakersfield has some of the worst air quality in California. APCD (County) and the ARB (State) would be all over that and they would lose their permit to operate. If that was a fire in one of their static compost piles or wood piles, it was accidental. Greenwaste and compost piles can become too hot and produce steam that looks like smoke, but that looks a little excessive. IMO, if the boys ended up at this site they would have been discovered, 100%.

Here's their operating permit details- SWIS Facility/Site Summary
Photo was from google maps per the link

amateur opinion and speculation

Attachments

• 010221.Gift-found---wasl.eft.by.theBrown.Family.122820..JPG
    010221.Gift-found---wasl.eft.by.theBrown.Family.122820..JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online