Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any laws that make any persons giving false information to LE about their child’s disappearance being made to pay for any search related costs?
In similar stories as this I feel like I’m standing in front of my son, whose face is covered in chocolate, and he is telling me he didn’t eat any!!
Moo

Finally caught up here, thanks to all of you wonderful posters!! Unfortunately, I have nothing of value to add. I just want these sweet, young boys to be found. I fear they are no longer alive and if that’s true, I want justice for them! Sounds like they had a rough start and probably a horrific end. I pray they are found soon.

Orrin and Orson West Case Archive:
Orrin and Orson West -CA-

I added all the photos of the weekend searches that I could find, and the articles to go with them.
Please go and take a look.
Someone asked me yesterday how much I make per view. The answer: 0. Nada. I actually have to pay for the site storage and
it is not cheap.
The only pay I get is knowing we can go back and see the archive and remember stuff in a couple years if and when there is a trial!
So check it out.
Photobucket, before the new and improved (NOT) changes, used to tell me the view numbers and I had control of organizing. Not any more.

I added all the photos of the weekend searches that I could find, and the articles to go with them.
Someone asked me yesterday how much I make per view. The answer: 0. Nada. I actually have to pay for the site storage and
it is not cheap.
The only pay I get is knowing we can go back and see the archive and remember stuff in a couple years if and when there is a trial!
So check it out.
Photobucket, before the new and improved (NOT) changes, used to tell me the view numbers and I had control of organizing. Not any more.
Thank you for archiving all the cases you do. You're appreciated.

it is not cheap.
So check it out.
Amanda, Thank you for all your hard work on all these cases. The valuable resources you provide are very much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
JAN 6, 2021
City Manager for Cal City talks about vote for reward for missing boys | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
Thursday at 4, the City Council for California City is voting on whether to offer a financial reward from the city for the return of missing boys Orrin and Orson West or for information leading to the closure of the case.

[...]

This is on top of $10,000 from Greenstone Cannabis Retail Store and Preferred Towing in California City, each, and $5,000 from Murphy's Pools & Spas in Lancaster.

Kelly Kulikoff, Councilmember for California City, City Council says the Police Department is doing everything they can and he hopes this reward will help getting more people involved, that might not otherwise say anything.

[...]

"I speak with Chief Walker a couple times a day about this specific case and it's consuming all of us and he is on it," Linn [City Manager], said.

it is not cheap.
So check it out.
Selflessness in these days is rare. Altruism. We are so grateful for all the time consuming and energy depleting work you do. Charge your batteries @AmandaReckonwith ❤️

it is not cheap.
So check it out.

Really appreciate your work Amanda. Thank you ❤️

Would be interested to see how long they've had this van and what car they had previously. As much as I hate saying it, I think they've taken a lot of steps to cover up things. Things that they might have done if they're covering up murder. Moved cities, parked van strategically daily, gave reasons of why neighbors haven't seen kids playing outside, have remained extremely tight lipped/haven't broke to LE.

Yeah, the van presumably came back clean. But they could've anticipated the van would be searched. What were they driving previously? If they murdered the kids and the bodies haven't been found, they had to have been transported.
I’d think this is where the money trail will assist LE. Gas receipts? Rental agreements (moving expenses, storage, boxes, ATM) Capture of automated license plate scanners? Past purchases? Information about shopping habits at local stores obtained from neighbors? Govt. subsidized pmts. identification and location trail?

On another note - if the boys were killed via child abuse: Head trauma is my guess for the younger and intentional homicide for the older. No witnesses allowed...

Last edited:
Not just us sleuthers but maybe a victim or a victim's family might need some info in the future. Thanks Amanda

Nothing more to add except I feel the oldest Orrin from whatever pics I have seen, have lots of sadness in his eyes compared to Orson. I'm afraid this might go the way King Hill's case went.

I’d think this is where the money trail will assist LE. Gas receipts? Rental agreements (moving expenses, storage, boxes, ATM) Capture of automated license plate scanners? Past purchases? Information about shopping habits at local stores obtained from neighbors? Govt. subsidized pmts. identification and location trail?

On another note - if the boys were killed via child abuse: Head trauma is my guess for the younger and intentional homicide for the older. No witnesses allowed...

I feel so too,I think Orson might have been the "rambunctious" one.

That's what it feels like to me too...:(....the parents seem somewhat confident....
Speculation: I wonder if a home with a fireplace was a targeted perk. Dotting I’s and crossing T’s. Final walkthrough inspections for dress rehearsal? Lights, camera, action. 911. Neighbors may want to think back and remember how often smoke came up from the house, in particular around October when it started cooling down and the days leading up to the call to LE. The stage had to be set so I imagine lots of smoke arising in late December. Did TW ever light his fire that night? The Christmas timing element provided the spark in which to report. The reluctance to blame a grieving parent during the holidays might buy them some time. They knew these boys were nowhere in the Cal City vicinity. imo

Ever seen a Mom who has momentarily lost their kid at a department store? They are frantic and shouting.

amateur opinion and speculation
Yes! I've done it myself, only it was at a lake beach. It was only for about ten minutes and there were a few other mothers helping me look and trying to comfort me. They probably wanted to give me a sedative.

Ever seen a Mom who has momentarily lost their kid at a department store? They are frantic and shouting.

amateur opinion and speculation
That's true I have really been hysterical in Primark once and everyone stopped what they were doing. Out popped son from inside a clothes rail. It will be telling if they review cctv footage of day 20 mins before the 911 call to see if the parents were running around outside, if the boys supposedly went out the yard gate. I would be running and knocking on my neighbours homes to ask if they have seen them and to check their yards.
Getting in a car/van to look would be a later option, or while mum was looking round neighbours yards and dad was looking further.

I've got a sick feeling in my stomac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member