Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as I turned on my computer I found my screenshot comparison (trying to find the location of where the Christmas bag was) and I got a haunting thought. Forgive me cause this is incredibly morbid to think about.

The roads are dirt but they seem to have lots of plots of land in Cal city. It's still a fairly new area and I suspect development is probably happening, as there are lots of half-done roads, seems they're building the city out. September would have been months ago, but what if they hid them on a plot of land being developed (do they do house foundation and cement there, unfamiliar with California construction)? Maybe the other kids were on vacation to hide the disappearance and they were waiting until the house was built?

Amateur speculation
Have they been laying pipe or working on infrastructure like sewer and water construction? How about drainage ditches? Canals?

MOO -- I'm guessing that, assuming the firewood story is even correct, he would have been gathering kindling size sticks for a rainy-day ambience fire, not for regular home heating.

People who regularly heat with wood buy their firewood by the cord or go up to the woods to cut their own by the truckload. Not scrounge it each day.

If there was a cord of wood stacked in the empty lot against the outside of his fence, his "throwing wood over the fence" phrasing would make more sense to me.

Incidentally, an open fireplace like that shown in the zillow photo of their house, is really more of an ambience thing, "sit in front of a crackling fire on a rainy day", but it generally loses more heat up the chimney than it puts out into the house, so this would not be a good way to heat a home on a regular basis.

MOO

It seems unlikely to me they'd be storing wood outside the fence when they have a large fenced-in area and a shed. However, I know nothing about firewood (i.e. does it attract snakes and mice to the yard/house, etc.?)

Admin, please correct me if wrong, but the author of the West Family blog post just posted a comment reply. Since the author has been vetted by MSM I assume I can link the comment here since it was posted by the same profile as the existing post. It is very telling IMO.

For the readers of this statement — it is NOT issued by or on behalf of the adoptive parents.

"All of the “Parents” both biological and adoptive must be fully investigated and held to account for why we are where we are today. The children involved are innocent and did not choose to be in this tragic situation." - West Family statement

My takeaway: The family isn't ruling out the parents being responsible.

some of my thoughts...
a family of 6 in CA qualifies for a whole lots of programs if they’re under the poverty line- or even under the median income. Don’t foster parents get subsidies, too? A whole lot of tax credits, too.
I’m sorry, but I doubt these two are gainfully employed. I’m guessing they learned how to work the system. Something seems very off with this family. If you adopted FOUR kids into your family, why haven’t we seen MORE PICTURES of the loving family?! even a couple pics of the missing boys w their adoptive parents?
I agree that something triggered this story, which will be easy to prove.
I have so many questions. For one, just how long have the other 4 kids been “on vacation?”... Seems nearly impossible to pull this off when FBI aid going to interview the kids.

All MOO

MOO -- I'm guessing that, assuming the firewood story is even correct, he would have been gathering kindling size sticks for a rainy-day ambience fire, not for regular home heating.

People who regularly heat with wood buy their firewood by the cord or go up to the woods to cut their own by the truckload. Not scrounge it each day.

If there was a cord of wood stacked in the empty lot against the outside of his fence, his "throwing wood over the fence" phrasing would make more sense to me.

Incidentally, an open fireplace like that shown in the zillow photo of their house, is really more of an ambience thing, "sit in front of a crackling fire on a rainy day", but it generally loses more heat up the chimney than it puts out into the house, so this would not be a good way to heat a home on a regular basis.

MOO
I'll add that in this description - 10717 Aspen Avenue, California City, CA 93505 | Compass
it states there is no PG&E bill because of the solar panels on the roof. So the home has central heating with no cost to operate.

Admin, please correct me if wrong, but the author of the West Family blog post just posted a comment reply. Since the author has been vetted by MSM I assume I can link the comment here since it was posted by the same profile as the existing post. It is very telling IMO.

For the readers of this statement — it is NOT issued by or on behalf of the adoptive parents.

"All of the “Parents” both biological and adoptive must be fully investigated and held to account for why we are where we are today. The children involved are innocent and did not choose to be in this tragic situation." - West Family statement

Agreed. Another takeaway, this seems to correct the earlier statement about them all living hundreds of miles away.

Now it mentions some of the family live in Bakersfield and Los Angeles.

First statement: “Our extended family, all who live hundreds and thousands of miles away from California City were notified and immediately were engaged with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), California City Police Department and the Bakerfield City Police Department.”

I can’t decide if use of the word ‘tragic’ seems off or not when technically the children are still considered missing. Not that I’m suggesting they’ve done anything - just that it might offer a window into their own thoughts on what might have happened to the boys.

I feel for this family. They’re doing their utmost to get it right but there’s no form of words they could put together that wouldn’t be taken apart in minute detail. I hope the weirdos that like issuing threats leave them well alone. Must be horrible for them.

some of my thoughts...
a family of 6 in CA qualifies for a whole lots of programs if they’re under the poverty line- or even under the median income. Don’t foster parents get subsidies, too? A whole lot of tax credits, too.
I’m sorry, but I doubt these two are gainfully employed. I’m guessing they learned how to work the system. Something seems very off with this family. If you adopted FOUR kids into your family, why haven’t we seen MORE PICTURES of the loving family?! even a couple pics of the missing boys w their adoptive parents?
I have so many questions. For one, just how long have the other 4 kids been “on vacation?”... Seems nearly impossible to pull this off when FBI aid going to interview the kids.
All MOO

Do those who qualify for subsidies and programs established for low income families also qualify for home mortgages? I know about self-help projects for low income where there is a sweat equity exchange, but not about traditional mortgage loans.

So as I turned on my computer I found my screenshot comparison (trying to find the location of where the Christmas bag was) and I got a haunting thought. Forgive me cause this is incredibly morbid to think about.

The roads are dirt but they seem to have lots of plots of land in Cal city. It's still a fairly new area and I suspect development is probably happening, as there are lots of half-done roads, seems they're building the city out. September would have been months ago, but what if they hid them on a plot of land being developed (do they do house foundation and cement there, unfamiliar with California construction)? Maybe the other kids were on vacation to hide the disappearance and they were waiting until the house was built?

Amateur speculation
Have they been laying large pipe or working on infrastructure like sewer and water construction? How about drainage ditches? Canals? canyons?

Map people might be able to make heads or tales of this. I found it while searching the waterways in Kern County, Kern River and Kern Valley near Bakersfield. See if it works.

upload_2021-1-4_18-5-38.jpeg

The Kern Valley Sun. Proudly serving the Kern Valley since 1959

Scathing....

Amateur opinion and speculation

It has been my understanding "foster parents" get paid to keep foster children, but don't those payments cease when they are adopted?

Having said that.....I would assume tho that there would be plenty of government subsidies for large "families" who are under the poverty level.

Things like free or reduced healthcare, food stamps, etc. I am hoping these kids were adopted because they were wanted and loved, not to subsidize a lifestyle of living off the government.

Time will tell.......my heart goes out to the extended family and I hope people will all come together to help find these precious babies. My suspicion is they are no where near this home, but hope I am wrong. I have followed too many children's cases here and swear I won't follow another because it is so heartbreaking. I usually have nightmares during these cases! But once again here I am.....hoping these sweet babies are found soon.

Just a general comment and all my own opinion...

From following missing cases here I've learned that some of the best information comes from the caregivers and extended family of the missing. The more they speak to the public the more information leaks out, especially when someone's lying. I view it as a great sleuthing tool just as I do hearing 911 calls when LE releases them or the occasional statement from CPS about past involvement that we've seen in other cases.

Unfortunately in this case IMO the social media vigilantes have done a fine job of making sure no one, not caregivers, bio family, not even extended family are comfortable speaking to reporters. To me that's a loss.

I know that nothing but LE's diligent work will blow this case open but as a sleuther I sure would like to hear from all the family, not in prepared statements but rather from interviews with reporters in msm. MOO.

I know there are low income programs to help people buy homes in Orange County CA, but not sure about this county.
I was thinking maybe they qualified for an FHA mortgage w 3.5% down on the home, but i see what you’re saying.. how would they qualify without income. I do not know.. This is a mystery.

I believe both family statements are truthful yet telling. I sympathize with this fearful family. The family drama and emotionality must be off the chain. I imagine many haven’t spoken in quite some time. All the stress from digging up the past. A train wreck ready to happen. Then the locomotive keeps going down the tracks and hits them with death threats. I come from a very large extended family - all located in one region of the state. I know how these events; births, deaths, marriages, divorces, illnesses, crimes and sins can rumble through the family dynamics and grapevine. I’m sure both families have all sorts of memories attached to certain people within their family tree connection of branches. Then it starts all over again. Tears, pain, heartache, arguments, old battles, etc. Stress. Digging up the past. Loyalties are tested. Love prevails. Making peace. Settling old feuds. Coming together. Unification. This family has the only true spirited familial visual connection to Orson and Orrin. I can feel their stress rising in this second message. I think the family has come to grips and made a firm decision in progression toward goal. They’re sending a message and they know who their audience is. They stand together bound by united strength and resolve. Solidarity.

Last edited:
some of my thoughts...

All MOO

The police will at least know when pictures of the boys stopped being taken in the adoptive parents phones. Are there pictures of the other 4 boys over these past few months, but none of O&O?

Assuming a 20% down payment, the AP's home mortgage payment was just under $1,000 per month on the $197,000 home purchase in September. Per the California adoption subsidies shared earlier in this thread, some estimate they are receiving $4,000 per month via their four adoptions. This payment seems outsized because they live in one of the lowest cost of living areas in the entire state.

The city they are living in (California City) home prices so low, that 15 houses were literally bought just to be "creatively" turned into under the radar marijuana "grow houses".

Source: Popping up like weeds: Cal City police raid more pot-grow houses

There have been more than a dozen similar raids over the past decade. Note, that I do not think these raids or drugs in particular are related to this case - rather sharing this to give perspective as to the low cost of living nature of this area. Where can you benefit from California's EXTREMELY generous adoption stipends and NOT have to work much? Cal City. The new form of house hacking.

Last edited:

This update is VERY telling. I really feel for the extended family, bio parents, and siblings :(. I think the boys will eventually be found due to a confession. We'll see. JMO.

Where exactly was adoptive dad getting firewood from? One of the vacant lots on either side of the house? Was he getting kindling only? Not seeing any trees to chop down around there.
It is our experience that if you buy firewood and have it delivered, it would likely be put outside the fence gate. They won't carry it to far from their truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial