Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the birthdays!
I was wondering if any family saw the boys around the latest birthday, which I now find out was August 4.
So that is where I start. The family was still in Bakersfield.
Were there family that saw Orrin and his brother for his birthday on August 4th or thereabouts? Could Covid come into play with family maintaining a distance?
Yes this^ Grandparents love to talk to grandkids over the phone or nowadays in video online.

So as I turned on my computer I found my screenshot comparison (trying to find the location of where the Christmas bag was) and I got a haunting thought. Forgive me cause this is incredibly morbid to think about.

The roads are dirt but they seem to have lots of plots of land in Cal city. It's still a fairly new area and I suspect development is probably happening, as there are lots of half-done roads, seems they're building the city out. September would have been months ago, but what if they hid them on a plot of land being developed (do they do house foundation and cement there, unfamiliar with California construction)? Maybe the other kids were on vacation to hide the disappearance and they were waiting until the house was built?

Amateur speculation
Those half done roads have been like that for years. It was a master planned community back in the early 60s that never went anywhere. There's not much development that goes on out there because of how everything happened with the development company and all the lawsuits that came out of it coupled with it being so far out in the desert.

Those half done roads have been like that for years. It was a master planned community back in the early 60s that never went anywhere. There's not much development that goes on out there because of how everything happened with the development company and all the lawsuits that came out of it coupled with it being so far out in the desert.
How far is it to Slab City?

This article was awesome! So fascinating. Thank you, @cindizzle !
Inside The Great City Turned Ghost Town Of California City, California
Zoom in on California city on google maps and see all the streets with zero buildings. But they all have street names! Creeps me out what kind of meetups or nefarious crap happens out thereo_O

View attachment 278112
You’re very welcome! My husband was just reminding me about that and how all the empty lots already had power and water hookups.

@IReadTooMuch Or anyone? Is Kern River, Buena Vista Lake or Lake Isabella near their Bakersfield location?[/
@IReadTooMuch Or anyone? Is Kern River, Buena Vista Lake or Lake Isabella near their Bakersfield location?

The Kern River is about 25 min away from the apartment, Lake Isabella is further than the Kern River but tie together and it is about and hour away, and Buena Vista Lake is about 40 min away from the apartment. My concerns is that Union Avenue which is walking distance from the apartment is known for human trafficking and prostitution. My thoughts are the boys never made it to Cal City but that’s just my opinion.

When doing a Google search on the apartment complex, I did see a hit for subsidized housing. Not that it means anything, but may relate to the questions being asked about if the adoptive parents worked. I'm sure hoping we learn more details soon.

Yes, that area has a high crime rate. Just search street names and even the street the apartments are, add “Bakersfield,” and “news” and you’ll see numerous articles.

IMO the extended family didn't issue a plea to kidnappers because they know there aren't any kidnappers. And IMO they didn't show concern for the well-being of the boys because they believe the boys are beyond needing that concern. JMOO.
Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said above.
I also have not seen any news from LE saying there is a threat in the area, etc. Like for the neighbors to be careful, aware, we have a kidnapper or maniac on the lose in the area...nope --absolutely no concern there.
That is very telling to me.

The Kern River is about 25 min away from the apartment, Lake Isabella is further than the Kern River but tie together and it is about and hour away, and Buena Vista Lake is about 40 min away from the apartment. My concerns is that Union Avenue which is walking distance from the apartment is known for human trafficking and prostitution. My thoughts are the boys never made it to Cal City but that’s just my opinion.
Union Ave is absolutely horrible. A co-worker of mine was telling me about doing work on Union and the prostitutes going up to all the guys working trying to get a John. That whole area along the 58 just sucks. We've had so much equipment damaged and stolen, it's ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal