Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Union Ave is absolutely horrible. A co-worker of mine was telling me about doing work on Union and the prostitutes going up to all the guys working trying to get a John. That whole area along the 58 just sucks. We've had so much equipment damaged and stolen, it's ridiculous
Friday morning, three billboards went up on Union Avenue to raise awareness of human trafficking, which has been on the rise in Kern County during the pandemic.

“We believe that eight out of ten women are not out here by choice prostituting themselves. We believe that somebody else is profiting off of them,” said Dr. Doug Bennett, the founder of Magdalene Hope, a local nonprofit dedicated to getting women off the streets.

Kern was already a cesspool for traffickers before the pandemic as one of the few counties in the state without a law enforcement-led task force.

“The laws are not as strict here,” Bennett said.

“We knew right off the bat that the traffickers weren’t going to stop making money off these women even if there was a pandemic,” Bennett added. “The men who are buying the women, they’re not worried about that either.”

According to Magdalene Hope, the number of women sold in Bakersfield has doubled in the past ten years.

“Now our numbers or more like 750 to 1000 different women are being sold over the course of a month in bakersfield,” Bennett said.

With these billboards in plain view of women working on Union now, they’re a beacon of hope to call for help.

“To have the billboards out here—in what we call out red light district in Bakersfield—is very is very strategic,” Bennett said.
Three billboards raise awareness of human trafficking, on the rise since the pandemic | KGET 17

Yeah! Like telling two "Rambunctious" 3 and 4 year olds that they can not touch dirt when it is everywhere around them.
It's like a giant sandbox. I would think the kids would be outside all the time playing with toy cars, dump trucks, bull dozers, and all kinds of things.

Yet the dad said they had been staying inside due to the pandemic. It must have been very frustrating trying to keep the kids inside for so long.

Salton Sea Slab City? About 4 hours or so.
Slab City video with 8.5 million views. This is exactly how I pictured the area. I’m gonna put it under a spoiler tag so those uninterested can easily scroll by. This is an interesting discussion thread. I’ve learned much about California and the cities involved.

It's like a giant sandbox. I would think the kids would be outside all the time playing with toy cars, dump trucks, bull dozers, and all kinds of things.

Yet the dad said they had been staying inside due to the pandemic. It must have been very frustrating trying to keep the kids inside for so long.
That is concerning in itself: They all live together, why wouldn't the kids be able to go out and play, especially in their own fenced back yard. IMO

IMO, that's just not true. TW is creating an excuse for why they weren't seen often or at all, and why there was no sign of kids in the back yard (footprints, digging in the dirt or toys).

My daughter has worked at home since the pandemic started, with a six year old out of school the whole time. She let's her play in the backyard whenever she likes, but as an only child she gets bored by herself quickly. Her cousin will occasionally come over during the week to spend the day, you never see those two except for bathroom and snack requests. Why would you keep kids in the house when there is such a large yard to play in? Six boys confined to a small house, you'd go insane o_O

that is how collin romero and ahmed lateef were found. civilians were searching the mesa and saw clothes and disturbed earth and called authorities.
Not to mention the West Mesa bodies found in 2009
I just watched a documentary on them 2 nights ago so when you mentioned "Mesa" it reminded me of all the girls found there too.

I'm wondering when the Dad said the kids were not supposed to walk in the dirt-

Does that mean he knew there weren't going to be little footprints found out there at all?

Just trying to give the parents the benefit of doubt:

When I lived in the desert in soCal and had a 2 year old, no way was she let out to play in the dirt/rocky "yard" without me along side her. We had both tarantulas and scorpions (and the random coyote) come through the dirt yard ALL the time. My baby girl was only allowed on the dirt as long as I was right there with her.

For this reason alone, and then seeing the scrub desert landscape they lived in, the dad's comment about the kids not being allowed on the dirt actually resonated with me big time.

Slab City video with 8.5 million views. This is exactly how I pictured the area. I’m gonna put it under a spoiler tag so those uninterested can easily scroll by. This is an interesting discussion thread. I’ve learned much about California and the cities involved.
Yeah the two areas are pretty similar, it just gets a lot hotter down that way

That's nuts !!! Unless it's below 35 degrees there's kids out playing, riding bikes, dirt bikes, building forts, raising heck on trampolines !! But we are in the rural part of SW Mi
It is amazing what has happened to kids recently. Just really sad for these kids. Hope they are found soon.MOO.

Kids don't play outside like they used to. I've seen our new neighbors younger kids twice. The day they moved in and Christmas day. There's two girls three houses down from me that I've seen less than 10 times over 16 years.
that’s not the case where i live. There are constantly kids in my culdasac.

When I lived in the desert in soCal and had a 2 year old, no way was she let out to play in the dirt/rocky "yard" without me along side her. We had both tarantulas and scorpions (and the random coyote) come through the dirt yard ALL the time. My baby girl was only allowed on the dirt as long as I was right there with her.

For this reason alone, and then seeing the scrub desert landscape they lived in, the dad's comment about the kids not being allowed on the dirt actually resonated with me big time.
Thanks! Ontario Mom, I did not think about scorpions and such. Is there snakes?

Admin, please correct me if wrong, but the author of the West Family blog post just posted a comment reply. Since the author has been vetted by MSM I assume I can link the comment here since it was posted by the same profile as the existing post. It is very telling IMO.

For the readers of this statement — it is NOT issued by or on behalf of the adoptive parents.

"All of the “Parents” both biological and adoptive must be fully investigated and held to account for why we are where we are today. The children involved are innocent and did not choose to be in this tragic situation." - West Family statement

My takeaway: The family isn't ruling out the parents being responsible.
DBM--already posted

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-4_22-56-56.png
    upload_2021-1-4_22-56-56.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
The house has three bedrooms and two baths. Six kids and two adults. Guessing bunk beds in two of the bedrooms?

Doesn’t look like a lot of employment opportunities- so you would work elsewhere and commute? Maybe at home as an entrepreneur.
Did they buy the house or were they renting ???
Just curious

Did they buy the house or were they renting ???
Just curious
i think they bought it. the zillow history says it sold in September. i think that’s when they moved in. in my experience, zillow usually would show if it was listed for rent /rented out by the owners. But that’s not always the case. jmo

That is concerning in itself: They all live together, why wouldn't the kids be able to go out and play, especially in their own fenced back yard. IMO
I was just wondering that myself when I read OP post
My kiddos are outside all the time, in their back yard-- no Covid out there with just the 2 of them.. sheesh

i think they bought it. the zillow history says it sold in September. i think that’s when they moved in. in my experience, zillow usually would show if it was listed for rent /rented out by the owners. But that’s not always the case. jmo
Thank you
I was just curious about it.

I 100% agree with you, I wouldn't either in that condition however, from what I've read above, the father didn't want the kids out due to Covid. No mention of spiders/scorpions or a coyote. IMO

A two year old playing alone is a different scenario, how scary that you had tarantulas and scorpions in your yard that frequently. I grew up in the tri-state area of desert not far from Cal City and I rarely saw either. Snakes though were plentiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98