Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had noticed the West home has a beware of dog sign posted and considered the possibility of a dog attack. But even with a dog attack (or an older sibling on younger sibling incident, or most any accident), wouldn’t you just call 911 and report it?

Of course there is no accounting for how other people’s minds might work. But if there was foul play involved, as the chief believes, I think an adult will most likely be found responsible for harm.

I did do some digging for cases in which a child disappeared and foul play was discovered. I recalled reading in the Stauch affidavit that in the majority of cases of falsely reporting someone missing, the reporting party is found to be responsible for the death.

Other than the Daybell case, where religious beliefs are alleged to be involved, covering up abuse was a common theme in articles about foul play in missing children cases. Other than Stauch, two cases in particular struck me. FWIW

I had noticed the West home has a beware of dog sign posted and considered the possibility of a dog attack. But even with a dog attack (or an older sibling on younger sibling incident, or most any accident), wouldn’t you just call 911 and report it?

Of course there is no accounting for how other people’s minds might work. But if there was foul play involved, as the chief believes, I think an adult will most likely be found responsible for harm.

I did do some digging for cases in which a child disappeared and foul play was discovered. I recalled reading in the Stauch affidavit that in the majority of cases of falsely reporting someone missing, the reporting party is found to be responsible for the death.

Other than the Daybell case, where religious beliefs are alleged to be involved, covering up abuse was a common theme in articles about foul play in missing children cases. Other than Stauch, two cases in particular struck me. FWIW

Found Deceased - TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests* #2

AZ-Phoenix; Couple arrested; Skeletal remains found in fire; Child Abuse; Maricopa Cty; 29 Jan 2020

There 2 houses on Zillow for Aspen Ave, one sold in August and one sold in September - which one is the right one - sorry just want to make sure I'm looking at the right property
They moved in September. I think the sale was in September also. The real estate listing is posted on page 8.

Last edited:

Some reasons for them not to report it include:
- Other children could be taken away
- Shame from letting the children be alone with the dog

I didn't realize how common it is for dog attacks to occur on children until I stumbled across the wikipedia. I too noticed the "Beware of Dog" sign in the window......

I think whatever happened was a true accident, but was neglect (ie: letting children outside with dangerous dog by themselves). Rambunctious children provoking a dog....

All of the above is pure speculation.

That's strange. I just clicked on it and there's no video there. Was it footage from the search of the house or from volunteer searches?
That is strange cause when I click, I see the pinned post on top. It has all of his videos and a particular one that another place posted and the link provided here to same info wasn’t msm so it wasn’t allowed. I am terrible at Facebook.I never use it. I only have n acct cause my granddaughter made me one in 2008 that I didn’t even find until 2018. I’m horrible at the navigation of the site. I don’t know exactly how to cop links. Try these
Bayan Wang 23ABC

Three businesses have offered rewards for anyone who can find the kids. Preferred Towing and Greenstone Dispensary have the same owner and have offered a total of $20,000. Ron Smith is a former councilman and local pastor who is friends with the owner.

“A business owner that would put up $20,000 not based on the conviction but just that these kids would be found,” Smith said. “Thats pretty impressive.”

Murphys Pools and Spas in Palmdale put up $5000. Anna Linn, City Manager of California City, says the Mayor and Council are in full support of offering another reward. The amount will be determined by a council vote on Thursday.

Our law enforcement has been working nonstop to find these boys,” Smith said. “I don’t know that our city could do anymore than what its done. Im very impressed with what our city has been doing.”
Businesses offer total of $25,000 for anyone who finds two missing boys in California City | KGET 17

Older article, but I missed the statement about why the kids are in protective custody:

At around 3 p.m. on Tuesday, police and federal agents went into the house of the adoptive parents again, using the same search warrant they served last Wednesday. They removed some items of evidence, and Chief of Police Jon Walker said these items will go back to Bakersfield for analysis.

This happened just hours after California City Police Chief John Walker told us suspects foul play – and confirmed that the four other kids are in protective custody.

“if there’s any kind of juvenile situation where theres been any kind of neglect or any kind of harm to any of the children, we automatically have to take all the other kids out of the house,” Walker said.

He says he doesn’t know exactly where the adoptive parents are – but they aren’t in their house. Police still have their white van and are in contact with them.Chief of Police in California City gives update on two missing boys; suspects foul play | KGET 17

Then on Sunday, around 40 people searched the fields next to the two boys' adoptive parents' apartment complex.

"This was the last place they lived, so we just want to check all the fields, the canal, and everything around here, just to make sure," Destiny Grandson, from Bakersfield, said.

One noticeable absence from these search parties, the adoptive parents, Trazell and Jacqueline West.

On Sunday, they released a statement saying their priority is finding the boys, and they are cooperating with the police.

They also addressed the reason they say they haven’t joined the search parties saying:

“In less than 24 hours of the disappearance of the boys, our extended family started receiving threats of physical violence including death threats. Family members who live thousands of miles away also received these same threats. We were advised appropriately to avoid public spaces and crowds given the immediacy and intensity of these threats."

by David Kaplan, Eyewitness News staff - Fox 26 News
Adoptive parents of missing Cal City boys say they are cooperating with police

What sloppy reporting, I'll be watching for a correction :mad:
Bam!!!

Reviewing initial statements. Back to the beginning. One I hadn’t read:

Moments before the children went missing, Trezell tells 23ABC News that he was gathering wood to start a fire because it was getting cold.

"I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house. My wife's inside, she was actually wrapping gifts so we thought it was a good idea that our youngest two go outside and play with chalk on the back patio," added West.

Shortly after, West says he saw they were no longer on the patio. He asked his wife Jacqueline if she saw them, she said no. That’s when he says panic set in.

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," West said. Within minutes, West said he called the police.

Meantime multiple search efforts took place, which included the help of the boy's biological mother RD Wednesday. (RD) made the trip to the boys' home from Bakersfield and spoke to the adoptive parents briefly.

West told 23ABC that they have been busy with the police investigation. On Monday, "First thing they did was tell us to stay in the house so they could get a hold of us, and they just had us sitting there and we wanted to keep searching ... but everybody came out in droves [to search] ... but we couldn't go outside."

According to West, police also told them "the best are out here searching."

"We're going through it," JW said. "It's difficult. Everyone is making their own conclusions. They don't know anything ... we said what we knew," West said. bbm
Adoptive parents of missing 3 and 4 year-old California City kids speak out for the first time

I'm raising Irish twins, my grands. Two so young is exhausting!
I had four stair-steppers; my last two were boys born 10 months apart. I was all alone in a new state with zero family. I hid in the closet most of the time writing in my journal - waiting for my husband to get off his shift. Family Circus...

Example of evidence collected in no missing child/no body case:

Detectives believe Bryce McIntosh purchased long-cuffed gloves, bolt cutters, four gallons of muriatic acid, a 32-gallon trash can and several bottles of drain opener days after the boy was last seen alive in March 2019. Noah McIntosh's body has yet to be found.

A search warrant was served at McIntosh’s apartment during which authorities inspected the house's plumbing. According to Hall, experts said that the trap "in the bathtub plumbing was cleaner than a normal trap should have been given the age of the building."

According to records released last year, social workers with the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services had 18 months of reports that detailed abuse and neglect of Noah and his relative by Bryce McIntosh.

Noah McIntosh update: Father indicted on murder charges; evidence found

Still Missing - CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested* #2

I think I may be confused on the genetics here.

Of the 6 children, the oldest 2 are the bio kids of TW and JW, and the 4 others that have been adopted in 2019 are all siblings from the same bio mom and different bio dads?

Do I have that correct?

As I understand it there are 3 pairs of biological siblings in the family, 2 adopted pairs of siblings and 2 of the Wests biological children,6 boys altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch