Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Chief Walker makes that opening statement in response to a reporter who asked him, "what do we got today Chief?" I don't feel his answer implies anything about a prior investigation.

Okay, but it's an odd way to begin because it would have been beyond inappropriate to speak about anything else.

I hope you are right.
Hope they are found safe and sound and not what it looks which direction this is heading!

I haven't been on WS since Gannon, that case broke my heart and this one is reminding me of Jesse Wilson in Buckeye AZ, the similarities are remarkable and he still hasn't gotten justice. Smh

Moo

That's crazy. I see all my neighbors kids outside every day playing. I couldn't imagine being in a neighborhood where kids didn't play outside

I guess it depends. My now 18 & 22 year old daughters were always outside playing with the neighborhood kids when they were little. Now we have a matchbook style neighborhood, so the houses are close together and everyone knows everyone. When my daughters were at their Mom and stepdads house they were never outside playing. No fences, sprawling ranch style homes that were further apart.

And the age of the children matters also. Not to sleuth, but does anyone know the age ranges of the other 4 West children?

Speaking of digging, are you talking about this photo at the bottom of this article?
Family's house pelted with rocks after brothers aged 3 and 4 vanish from garden

Or when this happened? I didn’t remark on the sifting when it first came out. Because. Gannon...

"Checked in yesterday and that's when we pulled up and saw the investigation going on and them digging in the backyard and...what we think was digging," Wayne Leonard, a neighbor, said. "They had jack hammers, and roto hammers going, lots of lights out."

Laura Romero says a local flew a drone while the digging was happening.

"I did look at the videos myself and what it looked like to me is they were sifting through fine dirt to find things and they would find things and they would put them in baggies," Romero, said.

She says they came out with bags and took them to the forensics team.
Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies
No, I was referring to the pictures in AmandaReckonwith's photobucket on page 11. There are about 180 images so you have to scroll way down.

The holes are in front of the tree that is parallel to the patio, where they also did a lot of digging.

There are nine holes altogether.
At least I think that's what they are. Two rows of four and then one at the end, closest to the drive to the detached garage.

Also, those brown paper bags look way to big to be tech items.

Imo

I guess it depends. My now 18 & 22 year old daughters were always outside playing with the neighborhood kids when they were little. Now we have a matchbook style neighborhood, so the houses are close together and everyone knows everyone. When my daughters were at their Mom and stepdads house they were never outside playing. No fences, sprawling ranch style homes that were further apart.

And the age of the children matters also. Not to sleuth, but does anyone know the age ranges of the other 4 West children?
I think it's linked in the media thread ?
No teenagers, afaik.
So all are somewhat young.
Imo.

Is the sale of a house and then subsequent move typically that fast in the states? Stupid question :rolleyes: but its bugging me :eek:
It depends on the situation. I moved into my house on the day of the closing and the person who bought my condo moved in the following day.

Some people may wait to move in because they want to renovate first or they're just not ready to move.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

.. sometimes there are problems with the banks, on the side of the seller or the buyer, or sometimes both.

In fact I think this is pretty common. When I bought my condo the process took forever because the owner had a second mortgage. It was also a foreclosure, which may have had something to do with it.

So I think there could be many factors which might have held up the sale.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I was referring to the pictures in AmandaReckonwith's photobucket on page 11. There are about 180 images so you have to scroll way down.

The holes are in front of the tree that is parallel to the patio, where they also did a lot of digging.

At least I think that's what they are. Two rows of four and then one at the end, closest to the drive to the detached garage.

Imo
This may not be helpful but here is what the Chief said about the digging:

5:57 We’re just trying to dig up anything, any clues that we can possibly find to find out where they had gone and also to confirm that they’re not in the back yard. KGET - TV 17 Bakersfield

The rows of holes pertain to procedures for evidence collection. They are going to note on the bindles a beginning reference point (which could be the tree in this case) and the distance and direction from that point for each item. MOO

5:57 We’re just trying to dig up anything, any clues that we can possibly find to find out where they had gone and also to confirm that they’re not in the back yard. KGET - TV 17 Bakersfield

The rows of holes pertain to procedures for evidence collection. They are going to note on the bindles a beginning reference point (which could be the tree in this case) and the distance and direction from that point for each item. MOO
Oh, ok, thanks! I was wondering what those holes were all about. I've never seen that before.

bbm
Strong words that weren't stated carelessly; but some hints there, as to where LE is headed in this investigation.
So sad !!!!
Imo.

Imo
I can’t find the holes photo yet. I’m not sure how to navigate. But I did somehow manage to see the bags photo. Way too big! What in the world could be in those? Luggage? Of course, I don’t know how to get back to it to ponder. I need lots of practice. Lots.

Bringing Amanda's Case Archive forward. :)
Well, I have been working on a Case Archive, but far from caught up.

Here's the link. It is just photobucket for those of you who are not familiar with my Case Archive site. Safe and cell phone friendly now.
I'll do more tomorrow.

Orrin and Orson West -CA-

I can’t find the holes photo yet. I’m not sure how to navigate. But I did somehow manage to see the bags photo. Way too big! What in the world could be in those? Luggage? Of course, I don’t know how to get back to it to ponder. I need lots of practice. Lots.
I was wondering if it was items like sleeping bags, pillows, or children's bedding ?
To make it look like kids lived there ?
Or favorite large stuffed toys that Orrin and Orson were attached to and held their scent ?? :eek:

Most off-putting about TW and JW is that it's starting to sound from LE and the neighbors that the children never really lived at that house -- just the adoptive parents.
I think LE revealed that it looked like there were no children living at that house.
Edit : Corrected, LE said there were children living there but wouldn't comment as to whether that included Orrin and Orson.

Maybe when a neighbor who claimed they saw them -- was actually observing the older boys back for just a visit ?
When exactly did this 'vacation' happen ?
What in the world was going on ?
MOO

Last edited:
It depends on the situation. I moved into my house on the day of the closing and the person who bought my condo moved in the following day.

Some people may wait to move in because they want to renovate first or they're just not ready to move.
Wonder who helped them move?
With 6 younger children, I would think someone helped. JMO

I was wondering if it was items like sleeping bags, pillows, or children's bedding ?
To make it look like kids lived there ?
Or favorite large stuffed toys that Orrin and Orson were attached to and held their scent ?? :eek:

Most off-putting about TW and JW is that it's starting to sound from LE and the neighbors that the children never really lived at that house -- just the adoptive parents.
I think LE revealed that it looked like there were no children living at that house.
Maybe when a neighbor who claimed they saw them -- was actually observing the older boys back for just a visit ?
When exactly did this 'vacation' happen ?
What in the world was going on ?
MOO
BBM

Chief Walker says there is proof children have been living in the house. Eyewitness News asked him if those children include Orrin and Orson West and he said not necessarily.
California City Police Chief says case of missing boys is still an active investigation | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm