Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then on Sunday, around 40 people searched the fields next to the two boys' adoptive parents' apartment complex.

"This was the last place they lived, so we just want to check all the fields, the canal, and everything around here, just to make sure," Destiny Grandson, from Bakersfield, said.

One noticeable absence from these search parties, the adoptive parents, Trazell and Jacqueline West.

On Sunday, they released a statement saying their priority is finding the boys, and they are cooperating with the police.

They also addressed the reason they say they haven’t joined the search parties saying:

“In less than 24 hours of the disappearance of the boys, our extended family started receiving threats of physical violence including death threats. Family members who live thousands of miles away also received these same threats. We were advised appropriately to avoid public spaces and crowds given the immediacy and intensity of these threats."

by David Kaplan, Eyewitness News staff - Fox 26 News
Adoptive parents of missing Cal City boys say they are cooperating with police

What sloppy reporting, I'll be watching for a correction :mad:

Then on Sunday, around 40 people searched the fields next to the two boys' adoptive parents' apartment complex.

"This was the last place they lived, so we just want to check all the fields, the canal, and everything around here, just to make sure," Destiny Grandson, from Bakersfield, said.

One noticeable absence from these search parties, the adoptive parents, Trazell and Jacqueline West.

On Sunday, they released a statement saying their priority is finding the boys, and they are cooperating with the police.

They also addressed the reason they say they haven’t joined the search parties saying:

“In less than 24 hours of the disappearance of the boys, our extended family started receiving threats of physical violence including death threats. Family members who live thousands of miles away also received these same threats. We were advised appropriately to avoid public spaces and crowds given the immediacy and intensity of these threats."

by David Kaplan, Eyewitness News staff - Fox 26 News
Adoptive parents of missing Cal City boys say they are cooperating with police

What sloppy reporting, I'll be watching for a correction :mad:
I do not think it is threats keeping them from looking for their boys. I think it is avoiding the media and questioning. I would not be thinking of my own safety but my missing children's safety. Who is in real danger here the parents or the children?
You would have to shoot me to keep me from looking for my missing children if I was not responsible for their disappearance.

I do not think it is threats keeping them from looking for their boys. I think it is avoiding the media and questioning. I would not be thinking of my own safety but my missing children's safety. Who is in real danger here the parents or the children?
Agree 100%.

But the reporter is mistakenly attributing the statement from the West/Watkins extended family members - to Trezell & Jacqueline West.

I 100% agree with you, I wouldn't either in that condition however, from what I've read above, the father didn't want the kids out due to Covid. No mention of spiders/scorpions or a coyote. IMO
No, he never said anything about covid, or mention any other danger his babies might be in :mad:
someone had just suggested it. My apologies if this is incorrect but this is my understanding!

and @Knox- yes that is super terrible reporting! Wth!

You would have to shoot me to keep me from looking for my missing children if I was not responsible for their disappearance.
Often in these cases where the parents may have had some part, they're going over all the ways they may have slipped up and could be caught. Innocent parents don't do that. MOO

No, he never said anything about covid, or mention any other danger his babies might be in :mad:
someone had just suggested it. My apologies if this is incorrect but this is my understanding!
Thank you for this. I only read that here but I could have missed something. If someone has actually read this in MSM please bring forward. TIA

and @Knox- yes that is super terrible reporting! Wth!
Bayan Wang 23ABC Bayan Wang 23ABC
FULL INTERVIEW: Here is the full 13 minute interview with the adoptive parents of the 3 and 4 year-old boys, who were reported missing Monday night in California City. On Wednesday, Trezell and Jacqueline West detailed the night Orrin and Orson went missing, explained why they weren't part of the community's search efforts, and responded to accusations of foul play. The parents also explain what they think may have happened to their boys.

Dre, I think he does say that somewhere in the full interview? I'll try to re-listen and locate.

ETA-

Start at 7:45 in the video-

• Very playful, very rambunctious and they do love to wrestle and get rough with each other. They are kids.
  • Of course they would love to go out, but during the pandemic we weren't trying to go you know out here (looks around the neighborhood) and so we stayed inside.

Last edited:
FULL INTERVIEW: Here is the full 13 minute interview with the adoptive parents of the 3 and 4 year-old boys, who were reported missing Monday night in California City. On Wednesday, Trezell and Jacqueline West detailed the night Orrin and Orson went missing, explained why they weren't part of the community's search efforts, and responded to accusations of foul play. The parents also explain what they think may have happened to their boys.

Dre, I think he does say that somewhere in the full interview? I'll try to re-listen and locate.

Yes, in the full TV interview he says something along the lines of "With the pandemic, we didn't want them to go out here..." or something to that effect.

Agree 100%.

But the reporter is mistakenly attributing the statement from the West/Watkins extended family members - to Trezell & Jacqueline West.
Oh Sorry! I did not catch that. But why are the parents not out looking or passing out fliers or speaking to media? I doubt police would tell them not to look. An attorney maybe.

I recall him stating something in the full interview also.

JAN 4, 2021
Businesses offer total of $25,000 for anyone who finds two missing boys in California City | KGET 17
[...]

Three businesses have offered rewards for anyone who can find the kids. Preferred Towing and Greenstone Dispensary have the same owner and have offered a total of $20,000. ...

[...]

Murphys Pools and Spas in Palmdale put up $5000. AL, City Manager of California City, says the Mayor and Council are in full support of offering another reward. The amount will be determined by a council vote on Thursday.

[...]

“I’ve been a pastor in this community for 30 years as a pastor and as a citizen, these are two precious little boys doesn’t matter whose boys or whose kids they are,” RS said. “This is a community event.”

[...]

It would take some effort and great risk to snatch 1 verbal mobile child in a short span of time not to mention how difficult it would be to abduct 2. Child abductions are not as common as some might think. Especially when 2 parents are close by.
From watching the interview again, dad seems to think they are in a house close by, meaning in the neighborhood. He mentions something about going to search peoples homes but can not because of privacy or something.

Per the article I linked above:
“At some point, the Corrections Corporation of America blessed the town with a jobs-generating prison nearby, and canny developers turned the town’s lakefront property into something nice that could be found in any city. Approaching its 60th year since the first disappointed family bought into the community, California City now has two AAA ball teams and perhaps a bit more open spaces than most towns.

California City still controls the enormous wastelands around the civilized core. In any other part of California, these would have long ago been settled by tech workers who don’t mind a three-hour commute for a chance to save $50,000 on their mortgages, but the very remote and harsh environment of the city, combined with the tenacity of its political leadership, have worked to keep the town in business from the beginning.”

Linking it again. It really is SUCH a fascinating read, and an interesting city. Inside The Great City Turned Ghost Town Of California City, California

Thank you, cindi, for this informative article about California City...

Having traveled through this town out of curiosity... and from camping/road trips... it has always been an enigma to me...

After reading this article... I have a greater appreciation of the tenacity of its founder and its current administration...

I apologize for the O/T....

As I sit here watching a YouTube beats video, the channel name which carries the same name as TW (disclaimer to all: which may not be related to this TW for full disclosure), I listen to the beats as they get thrown down. "Supreme Intelligence" they say... The beats are good.. they memorize me as I enter a trance, and then it hits me... it clicks.... as I stare at the photo of a man and his dog.

Did TW and JW previously own a dog and if so was it vicious? Perhaps an accidental attack?

IMO, this scenario would explain a lot of the actions that took place. Could have happened recently, could have happened weeks or months ago. Maybe it was a new dog or maybe it was a dog they had for years. Was any poo found in the dig?

List of fatal dog attacks in the United States - Wikipedia

If you re-watch the interview with this theory in mind, things just seem to make a lot of sense.... in my opinion.

Note: This is pure speculation.

Last edited:
Yes, in the full TV interview he says something along the lines of "With the pandemic, we didn't want them to go out here..." or something to that effect.
Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me. I haven't heard that there is any danger of catching or spreading the virus just from playing outside. My daughter and her friends have been going outside since the beginning of the pandemic. The only thing I don't allow is having lots of kids INSIDE the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd