Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that as well but then I thought the reporter picked up on that and followed up with asking that nobody from CCPD saw the footage. You may very well be right, I haven't had a chance to go back and check.

Any comments on the facial expression/reaction the Chief makes when asked that question? I thought it was interesting.

Yes this was what I was talking about in my post up there a few. I tell ya MOO I see the stress & strategic lines indented in his face. If I was training in LE & could choose someone to learn under it would be him. Much respect for the “unsaid” words!

This is all my opinion only as none of this has been verified by LE:

There was a lot of talk about the firewood and why he might have added it to his story if it were in fact untruthful. There also were questions about the chalk aspect of the story. Although there have been rumors about there not being chalk on the patio, LE has not confirmed that. I suspect that would have been the first pieces of evidence they would have collected.

I believe the adoptive parents have had time to set this story up. We were all trying to figure out why he mentioned certain things in his press conference and I believe it's all things they could set up in the house to corroborate their story. My guess is that LE did in fact find wrapped presents for the boys, chalk outside, firewood etc. I believe that's why he mentioned all those details that didn't seem important to the story.

IMO MOO (am i doing this right? still trying to learn and comply with the rules here)

ADMIN NOTE:

Although the AV News Crew youtube videos are generally not approved, I just spoke with Tricia and it has been decided to allow their one video that contains the neighbor's surveillance video. This is a thread specific decision and a one time only approval.

Their video about the chalk is not approved. Please do not discuss it.

Tricia has posted clear photos, taken yesterday by a trusted source, that shows NO chalk marks on the patio, and Tricia will upload other pictures later.

Any questions, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will try to clarify.

Short on time right now and can't locate the link to the above video right now. If someone else could find it and link it up, that would be appreciated.

While watching the blurry video of the neighbor's surveillance video, the following may be of interest:

Starting about 43:58 as the white van leaves the driveway, at 44:09 a person comes out onto the sidewalk from the property directly across the street, appears to look in the direction of the van as it's driving away, and at 44:16 seems to walk back to where they came out from.

Thank you Trish and Admins!!!!!!

I wish we could have seen the video from about 4:00 through to LE showing up. Would we have seen him throwing wood? Would we see the kids walk through the gate? My guess is no.

I need to watch that video again to see if I can see the other person.

MOO

Short on time right now and can't locate the link to the above video right now. If someone else could find it and link it up, that would be appreciated.

While watching the blurry video of the neighbor's surveillance video, the following may be of interest:

Starting about 43:58 as the white van leaves the driveway, at 44:09 a person comes out onto the sidewalk from the property directly across the street, appears to look in the direction of the van as it's driving away, and at 44:16 seems to walk back to where they came out from.
I hear him say the person is checking their mail. The person appears to check their mailbox.

Last edited:
So, AD gets in his car and drives around for a few minutes the night the little ones go “missing.” No video of him running through the neighbouring empty lots yelling their names. No wife outside running around yelling and looking for the kids. Something really stinks and it ain’t the cheese, just sayin’.

Then when they scroll back to the 19th on the video you see what appears to be AD at the door of the van hustling in only four children plus wife into the van for a trip to Bakersfield.

So, where does that leave us? Either Orrin and Orson were at grandma’s already and then AP’s dropped off the other four and picked up O & O and brought them home, because we KNOW only four were on “vacation” with grandma when O & O went “missing”, but oh oh, no children came home?? That leaves me to believe the two little guys were gone before the 19th hands down. What we don’t know is just how long before the 19th they were already missing.

It appears someone is lying. JMHO, MOO and all that!

BBM
I also find it interesting that the chalk appears to be regular chalkboard chalk. Not the larger chalk that make it easier for little hands to grasp. I’ve also noticed that several things have changed positions, ie: the chairs and the blue blanket or tarp.

I can’t imagine how many tips LE must be filtering through. The reward money has gotten the attention of many people, some who have honest intentions, and some without. I’ll never understand people calling I’m false tips just for the fun of it, but I guess there’s no way around it.

I hope these boys are found soon, though I can’t imagine it being good news. Whether they wandered off or were taken or otherwise, I just don’t see a happy ending to this story.

MOO
That’s the problem with large rewards, not that I disagree with offering one. They have to separate out the crazy. It takes time.

I think it's this one:

Thanks for posting this video!

If the time on the video is behind by an hour then it looks like the dad drove the van at around 5:40 for about four minutes, then came back and called LE around 5:45. The police chief said they arrived within five minutes.

I did not see any video from 4:30 until the time the dad comes out at around 5:30 so it would be interesting to see what they were doing for those 45 minutes. I think the neighbor said he didn't see them but I guess if the dad was throwing wood on the other side of the house he wouldn't be seen.

I didn't see the mom looking outside at all. They claimed they searched the house first, which would mean they were inside for at least 30 minutes before the dad got in the van. The video does not show the period of time between when the boys were found to be missing and when he got in the van but it makes no sense for them to be searching the house all that time.

Imo

Last edited:
He clearly did not search the entire yard, there is that outbuilding thing in the corner they could have been behind, he clearly did not go anywhere near it on the CCTV footage!, neither did he search the side of the house! HUGE RED FLAG!

I think it's this one:

In a nutshell - I do not see two frantic parents searching up and down the street for their children. Matter of fact, I don't see Mom at all. Neither knock on neighbor's doors, look in their yards. Nothing!

They could not fake real emotion on camera, and evidently it doesn't occur or dawn on them to do a better job of fake searching either.

I agree and thanks for the rundown on the time line.

I don’t have children, only a doggie and 5 chickens.

When I’ve walked outside into my fenced backyard and noticed that my doggie is missing, I’ve never, ever run back inside to check the house. I grab a leash and her treats, start calling her name and shaking her treats (she takes after her Mama and will drop everything for a good treat).

One of my chickens went missing one afternoon and I spent a half hour looking for her before I found her in the corner of my porch laying an egg. Seems like I looked for my chicken longer than they looked for their children.

Based on that video, I don’t see any other movement in that backyard other the dog and someone taller than a 3 or 4 year old. I don’t see anyone walking around the house or outside of the fence other than the front yard hanging out and waiting for LE. Oh yeah, he did “hit all the corners” before he called.

There is a possibility that the boys could have been 2 of the 4 that we saw loaded into the van and the other 2 were already on “vacation” but where are they now? Did the van leave between the 19th and the 21st? So many questions and it’s crazy that this seems so blatant.

MOO
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members