Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question for everyone - if Chief is correct and two of the kids were foster kids, then could an upcoming CPS visit be the reason the parents may have come up with the story about Orsin and Orrin ? I'm actually relieved to hear the 4 kids are still in protective custody. I just don't feel like they would be safe at home. IMO.

LE has had the phones for a month now so would you agree that is enough time to get everything they needed off of them ?
Agreed.

I have wondered if an upcoming CPS visit was making them nervous for some reason ?
The older of the two was old enough to talk articulately and maybe complain about something at home.
Or maybe TW and JW were paranoid for some reason ?
I'm very hopeful that with the other four in protective care that they feel safe enough to speak freely.
Imo.

Reminds me of when the police searched Chad Daybell’s house and found the kids.

I wonder if anyone has eyes on the APs up in Bakersfield?
The adoptive parents are in Bakersfield now?

Looking at Bayan Wang’s pics, there’s tons of wood, nice and dry for burning, and plenty in their yard as well. Just found that interesting.

Agreed.

I have wondered if an upcoming CPS visit was making them nervous for some reason ?
The older of the two was old enough to talk articulately and maybe complain about something at home.
Or maybe TW and JW were paranoid for some reason ?
I'm very hopeful that with the other four in protective care that they feel safe enough to speak freely.
Imo.
BBM
In the second interview, Chief said the children ranged 10 to 3 (idk if he was counting Orrin and Orson) so the older ones definitely would as you say.

The adoptive parents are in Bakersfield now?

Looking at Bayan Wang’s pics, there’s tons of wood, nice and dry for burning, and plenty in their yard as well. Just found that interesting.
I honestly believed the APs when they gave the interview and their account of that night-strange still bc they have solar panels that at least look like they could power the entire home or at least an HVAC so I am not sure why they needed to build a fire in the 1st place? I am confused about why the police chief keeps mentioning that they dont know how they got out of the yard when TW said in the interview that he left the gate open?

Good catch, @Vae Victus !
I also thought he wanted to emphasize that the investigation is ongoing and is nowhere near 'cold'.
Not that any of us here thought that -- more like letting the public (and maybe certain people) know LE are inspecting every minutiae of what happened to Orrin and Orson ?
Different agencies are working tirelessly to either rescue the boys or seek justice.
I find that reassuring !
Imo.
Yes, he said "I still think we have enough to go on...for now." Then he went on to say that they reevaluate that daily and what they are going to do next.

To me that says they have a lot of circumstantial evidence and are following leads but they need something solid before they can make an arrest. That could be months or it could be days.

They need to find the boys or someone needs to talk.

Imo

I honestly believed the APs when they gave the interview and their account of that night-strange still bc they have solar panels that at least look like they could power the entire home or at least an HVAC so I am not sure why they needed to build a fire in the 1st place? I am confused about why the police chief keeps mentioning that they dont know how they got out of the yard when TW said in the interview that he left the gate open?
I'm pretty sure one of the neighbor's cameras shows the gate and the boys were not seen going out through the gate, or anywhere else outside for that matter. That's probably why the chief seems so frustrated when he says they can't figure out how the boys left the yard. The story just doesn't add up.

As for the fireplace, some people use them more for ambience rather than to actually heat the house.

Yes, he said "I still think we have enough to go on...for now." Then he went on to say that they reevaluate that daily and what they are going to do next.

To me that says they have a lot of circumstantial evidence and are following leads but they need something solid before they can make an arrest. That could be months or it could be days.

They need to find the boys or someone needs to talk.

Imo
Agreed, esp. the bolded !

Curious if anyone will ... "turn" on someone else ?
Sometimes a break in a case comes when one party has had it, and wants to talk.
Imo.

Last edited:

My experience has been when people add more details and embellishments, it is usually a story. When people are trying to remember and tell actual details, unless they have phenomenal memories, they just don't know all of the details.

I just think it’s odd they got their phones back so quickly, I mean I know that especially with the FBI they have all kinds of resources that can collect all the data even deleted data off that phone but just in my opinion if they gave them back their phone so soon they’re probably wasn’t much on the phone incriminating. I would hope they would be more recent pictures of the boys!
Moo
LE don't need the actual phones as long as they have all the data. I wonder if the GPS data led them anywhere.

My experience has been when people add more details and embellishments, it is usually a story. When people are trying to remember and tell actual details, unless they have phenomenal memories, they just don't know all of the details.
Maybe, but the whole gathering wood at that time wasn’t an embellishment?

See my thought process on lie detector test is so different ! If I knew I was innocent I would Do anything . I would welcome any and everything they needed from me !
Moo
As a parent, I would follow Marc Klass’s example. Give me the polygraph so that you can move on to finding my children or the criminal who disappeared my children.

So if APs have their phones back surely can post most recent pics AM said are on them. Get them ciculated to all news outlets, FB, SM, STAT. MOO
They could have done that a month ago. I don't think they have more recent pictures. If they did they would have given them to LE in the first place. Imo

Exactly maybe he was getting wood to start a fire in his house ...
moo
Yes, that's what he said in the interview. He said it was cold and they were going to start a fire. His wife was inside wrapping gifts so they thought it would be a good idea for their two youngest to play with chalk on the patio.

I think every detail was to explain why he didn't see the boys. (He was preoccupied with the firewood, left the gate open, and the kids must have gone out through the gate.)

Imo

Bayan Wang 23ABC
2 hrs ·
UPDATE: Authorities are also investigating inside the home, but police chief unable to disclose further.

INVESTIGATION: Authorities from various agencies are gathering "statistical" data Friday of the perimeter of the California City home where two toddler brothers were reporting missing. Cal City Police Chief Jon Walker told me they are using drone imaging and also gathering more information of the back gate of the home, which the adoptive parents of the boys said was left open, when the boys went missing Dec. 21.

142071116_2747064035418840_3919711687521334846_o.jpg

141514627_2747064475418796_806835216257525654_o.jpg

140389880_2747065062085404_6237670993432869599_o.jpg

Statistical data? Hmnn, maybe the video gathered from the neighborhood yielded something that needed further investigation?

Gathering firewood is good for the following:
1. Demonstrates he’s a solid, caretaking family man.
2. Reason for him to be distracted from not seeing anything that happened
3. Reason why the gate was wide open for a prolonged period of time, allowing the boys to leave (We know there’s a neighbor cam, I’m just waiting patiently to hear from LE a solid “we watched hour upon hour of footage the boys were not ever seen on camera leaving that gate”)

Without the “gathering of firewood” the whole story crumbles, moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en