Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics. Thanks so much Amanda for keeping this archive to look back on. Our memories may fail us at times but those pics don’t lie!
There is a very clear picture of the garage and the concrete looks undisturbed. I can't tell when the picture was taken though. You can see all the holes in the yard and all the areas they dug up. Did the neighbor say they drilled through the concrete before or after they dug up the yard?

This is such a damning circumstantial case. I mean, tell me when you’ve ever read of a missing child/person case when the reporter’s backyard is completely excavated within a day or so. I’m hoping LE is holding their proof close to their vests to ensure prosecutorial justice.

I don’t know what else a jack hammer would be used for besides drilling/cutting concrete or pavement.

The Chief did say the dogs didn’t hit on anything. You’re right. So why else would concrete be demolished? Can dogs sniff money? I guess it’s not illegal to bury money. Drugs are though so I guess they weren’t looking for that or else we’d hear of charges.
I don't think we know that the concrete was demolished. The chief said they excavated the whole yard but he didn't say anything about the concrete being cut up. I would think they would need evidence that there was something under the concrete before cutting and removing pieces from the driveway. I don't know if they used Ground Penetrating Radar or not. The chief didn't mention it.

There is a very clear picture of the garage and the concrete looks undisturbed. I can't tell when the picture was taken though. You can see all the holes in the yard and all the areas they dug up. Did the neighbor say they drilled through the concrete before or after they dug up the yard?
The pics Amanda posted appear to tell the story. You can see agents around the gate and it appears someone is operating a concrete circular saw to cut the concrete. You can see the dust coming up. In the lower pic you can see where the cuts were made and looks to be new concrete?

The pics Amanda posted appear to tell the story. You can see agents around the gate and it appears someone is operating a concrete circular saw to cut the concrete. You can see the dust coming up. In the lower pic you can see where the cuts were made and looks to be new concrete?
Yes, I looked at those pictures but they are a little blurry. The other picture is in focus. To me it looks like he is pushing something that looks like it could be GPR detector. They look a little like a small push lawnmower. The dust could be from dirt on the driveway. I don't see any chunks of concrete and I don't see a saw.

Are the pictures in order? I wish we knew if the clear one was taken before or after that picture was taken. I don't think LE would have replaced the concrete.

Sorry it is blurry. I took it from a video on kget. The clear one from neighbors drone is from the night of the 23rd of dec and the blurry one was later,
after Christmas. They show it on one of those over and over random shots when they mention the case. If you watch videos as often as I do, you see everything again
and again. It's used as filler so that is why I cannot say exactly. It was before the windows were boarded.

Also I do not believe the concrete was broken. They can raise a portion and then put it back when they are done. Whatever was under there, if anything, it wasn't bodies.

Yes, I looked at those pictures but they are a little blurry. The other picture is in focus. To me it looks like he is pushing something that looks like it could be GPR detector. They look a little like a small push lawnmower. The dust could be from dirt on the driveway. I don't see any chunks of concrete and I don't see a saw.

Are the pictures in order? I wish we knew if the clear one was taken before or after that picture was taken. I don't think LE would have replaced the concrete.
The concrete saws are not all that large either. That sure is a LOT of dust for a ground penetrating radar but, that is just my opinion. Here’s good pic of a medium sized concrete saw.
upload_2021-1-26_14-34-22.jpeg

Sorry it is blurry. I took it from a video on kget. The clear one from neighbors drone is from the night of the 23rd of dec and the blurry one was later,
after Christmas. They show it on one of those over and over random shots when they mention the case. If you watch videos as often as I do, you see everything again
and again. It's used as filler so that is why I cannot say exactly. It was before the windows were boarded.

Also I do not believe the concrete was broken. They can raise a portion and then put it back when they are done.
Thanks. Yes, I think you're right. I think that's what they did. The chief said they checked that area thoroughly and I think he said they even checked the ground around the shed. It looks like a detached garage to me but that could be what he meant. Unless there is another shed on the property.

I have only looked at your pictures so I can't tell which order they are in.

The concrete saws are not all that large either. That sure is a LOT of dust for a ground penetrating radar but, that is just my opinion. Here’s good pic of a medium sized concrete saw.
View attachment 281255
Yes, that could be what it is, too. I'm just not sure they used drills, jackhammers and saws to cut up pieces of concrete. I would think it would make a big mess and would be hard to replace. Like Amanda said they may have removed a large slab and then put it back. I'm still surprised they wouldn't use GPR first to check if anything was under there.

I don’t know what else a jack hammer would be used for besides drilling/cutting concrete or pavement.

The Chief did say the dogs didn’t hit on anything. You’re right. So why else would concrete be demolished? Can dogs sniff money? I guess it’s not illegal to bury money. Drugs are though so I guess they weren’t looking for that or else we’d hear of charges.
They might have been following through on a tip?

I found this report that states 67% of all child murders are killed by family members. Shocking.

It’s around page 17.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf
There are so many reasons for these statistics, with many articles and white papers on the subject.
Child abuse is nothing new, but our access to media makes it far more visible. I have very strong opinions on how to significantly reduce these heinous crimes, but I'd start a full out S storm if I posted them.
Suffice it to say I believe in dramatically reducing the possibility by insuring free access for all women to medical care, and by eliminating incentives that encourage people to consider children a business venture.

I am still holding out hope that *if* JW has knowledge of what happened to these children, that she will cut a deal with the D.A. and start talking.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, that could be what it is, too. I'm just not sure they used drills, jackhammers and saws to cut up pieces of concrete. I would think it would make a big mess and would be hard to replace. Like Amanda said they may have removed a large slab and then put it back. I'm still surprised they wouldn't use GPR first to check if anything was under there.

They would not be able to lift up that slab of concrete and dig under it without machinery. A 4’ x 4’ x4” slab of concrete is a little over 400 lbs . Even with machinery, the chances of breaking the slab is very high, so they would have cut the concrete and broken it up so they could manually removed it.

It looks like a cut saw from the pic. It’s the right size and shape and looks like dust. Not trying to be repetitive, but it simply could have and area of damaged concrete that the last seller replaced before listing the house. LE saw an area of new concrete and wanted to check it out.
JMO
MOO

hypothetical situation, of course

They would not be able to lift up that slab of concrete and dig under it without machinery. A 4’ x 4’ x4” slab of concrete is a little over 400 lbs . Even with machinery, the chances of breaking the slab is very high, so they would have cut the concrete and broken it up so they could manually removed it.

It looks like a cut saw from the pic. It’s the right size and shape and looks like dust. Not trying to be repetitive, but it simply could have and area of damaged concrete that the last seller replaced before listing the house. LE saw an area of new concrete and wanted to check it out.
JMO
MOO

Might have been easier to contact the previous owner and just ask if they had done a repair or was it like that when they moved in? Why go to all that trouble when the answer could be a phone call away? JMT.

There are so many reasons for these statistics, with many articles and white papers on the subject.
Child abuse is nothing new, but our access to media makes it far more visible. I have very strong opinions on how to significantly reduce these heinous crimes, but I'd start a full out S storm if I posted them.
Suffice it to say I believe in dramatically reducing the possibility by insuring free access for all women to medical care, and by eliminating incentives that encourage people to consider children a business venture.

I am still holding out hope that *if* JW has knowledge of what happened to these children, that she will cut a deal with the D.A. and start talking.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Spot on! I’ve tried to stay out of this topic. I might be biased due to a very upsetting personal situation. While I know there are many dedicated people willing to open their homes and hearts to children in distress. I don’t think it can be denied that financial gain is among a number of significant incentives leading some to become foster parents.

JMO
MOO

I bet you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics