Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s talk about the name confusion for TW. In the beginning, he didn’t even want to give his name for privacy reasons. Then he gave his name as Trezol on 12/23. After 12/29 we have Trezell. Journalistic error?

According to California City Police Department, the FBI on Tuesday began interviewing the adopted parents of the two boys, Trezol and Jacqueline West. The couple adopted Orrin and Orson in April 2019.
FBI becomes involved in disappearance of Cal City children
Both TW and JW spelled their names in their video interview. His name is spelled Trezell.

It is pretty sad when news outlets can't even get someone's name right. It makes me wonder what else we've read that is incorrect.

The article below was published just yesterday. o_O

New Security Cam footage on the days before West boys went missing (nbc16.com)
Trazell gets in his van and looks for the boys around the neighborhood more, while the officer looks Orrin and Orson with a flashlight in the backyard.

Both TW and JW spelled their names in their video interview. His name is spelled Trezell.

It is pretty sad when news outlets can't even get someone's name right. It makes me wonder what else we've read that is incorrect.

The article below was published just yesterday. o_O

New Security Cam footage on the days before West boys went missing (nbc16.com)
Trazell gets in his van and looks for the boys around the neighborhood more, while the officer looks Orrin and Orson with a flashlight in the backyard.
Oh good grief. They all need called out. Right now, I’m trusting the locals, I think there are three that went in there from the get go. The other stations just copy the source and they can’t even copy/paste correctly.sad. Poor journalism.

Oh good grief. They all need called out. Right now, I’m trusting the locals, I think there are three that went in there from the get go. The other stations just copy the source and they can’t even copy/paste correctly.sad. Poor journalism.
Journalists, in general, need to step up their professionalism in this area. Not everyone is named Susan or David anymore.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The discussion concerned neighbors stating they never saw them out playing.
In a pandemic that is understandable.

It's not understandable to not let them play in the backyard with supervision. You don't catch Covid in your own backyard.

This was my concern as a mother if someone tried to remove my child , bio or adopted or whatever , while I’m mourning my negligent parenting and missing a child , i would lose my Mind. And I mean lock me up in a room with padded walls. How can their bio kids be in foster care yet they aren’t accused of a crime!?

can someone please explain to me why these news articles keep misspelling TW name? It’s driving me insane, every article has a different spelling for his name.

You do not have to be accused of a crime to have your children removed.

That's why I was wondering which house the footage came from. It's got a pretty good view of the front of the house and the empty lot.
I got it from @PommyMommy last night.
I THINK it lives in the media thread and I THINK it's entitled CCTV, It's very long winded and the picture quality is extraordinarily poor. But they discuss all the CCTV cameras directly opposite the house, more than one and possibly more than two..

I am starting to think the perpetrators may have done enough to avoid being charged or create enough reasonable doubt if it ever goes to trial. Even deep down we we know what happened.

Moo

I’m playing catch-up so if this was already explained please scroll on.

Can you elaborate on your statement more for me please?

That's why I was wondering which house the footage came from. It's got a pretty good view of the front of the house and the empty lot.
I got it from @PommyMommy last night.
I THINK it lives in the media thread and I THINK it's entitled CCTV, It's very long winded and the picture quality is extraordinarily poor. But they discuss all the CCTV cameras directly opposite the house, more than one and possibly more than two..
I may be wrong but I think Dawookie is talking about a different camera. ? MOO

ETA: @kittythehare, there's a better view of the dog in this video at about :55.
UPDATED TIMELINE: California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing more than a month later | KGET 17

Thanks for link, will not,open for me sadly cos Europe. I had a nifty gadget that used to open all those links and it suddenly stopped working.
I'm just curious about what breed he was?
Sorry you can't open it. It's hard to say on the breed considering the distance but it's a small dog, white, guessing short-hair. Here's a shot from the video:

Dog in backyard.png
Image source: UPDATED TIMELINE: California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing more than a month later | KGET 17

I may be wrong but I think Dawookie is talking about a different camera. ? MOO

ETA: @kittythehare, there's a better view of the dog in this video at about :55.
UPDATED TIMELINE: California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing more than a month later | KGET 17
Someone pointed out the way the van parked in the driveway- you could not see the front door and the kids entered and exited on the passenger side (faced the front door).
So the camera from the house across the street was useless. Not sure about the view of the empty lot and the gate.

Ryan Dean (birth mother) will be on Good Morning America if anyone's interested.

"In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" airing Saturday, the boys' birth mother, Ryan Dean, said she found out about the boys' disappearance from a news article.

"I looked more into it and I read everything and I just started going a little crazy," said Dean.

Dean, who is still involved in the boys' lives, said she's frustrated by the way the Wests have been handling the investigation.

"[The Wests] barely want to speak to me," she said." "

2 toddlers still missing after disappearance from California home nearly 6 weeks ago

Ryan Dean (birth mother) will be on Good Morning America if anyone's interested.

"In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" airing Saturday, the boys' birth mother, Ryan Dean, said she found out about the boys' disappearance from a news article.

"I looked more into it and I read everything and I just started going a little crazy," said Dean.

Dean, who is still involved in the boys' lives, said she's frustrated by the way the Wests have been handling the investigation.

2 toddlers still missing after disappearance from California home nearly 6 weeks ago
Wait a minute, I thought she hadn't seen them in two years and had nothing to with them?

Wait a minute, I thought she hadn't seen them in two years and had nothing to with them?
That's correct as of December interviews but I guess the story is different in January. Since their disappearance, I believe she wants their adoption rescinded. I think any media that keeps the boys names and pictures in the news is welcome.

I hope the missing boys will be the focus (versus fundraising). MOO

Last edited:

Did we know this already? That foul play was suspected? I've got my eyes on so many cases I might have missed it.

"Police suspect foul play was involved in the boys' disappearance, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker."

Did we know this already? That foul play was suspected? I've got my eyes on so many cases I might have missed it.

"Police suspect foul play was involved in the boys' disappearance, according to California City Police Chief Jon Walker."
Yes -- the Police Chief has been very clear about this since the beginning-- citing that kidnapping or somebody picking them up without permission is foul play, but that it doesn't mean he thinks the boys are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj