Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right @MsBetsy. Well adjusted parents that are emotionally attached and bonded with their children would be doing everything you mention above, and more. It is my opinion after watching and listening to them in their 12/23/20 media appearance, and everything they haven’t done since the boys went missing, no public pleas, wondering if the boys are ok, safe, cold, hungry, no searching etc., that TW and JW are not emotionally attached/bonded with O & O and that is why they haven’t, aren’t able to tell us all those things/humanize them.
It’s all very sad.

All of the above IMHOO
Great post FC!

Two days later and I'm still seeing new videos posted of the prayer service. At least they are keeping these kiddos in the news but I wish they'd dig up some new information. (sigh)

FEB 4, 2021
Biological family of Orrin and Orson West holds prayer service

Now that we hear from the chief they supposedly still had foster children, I wonder if a home study was planned for that week to check out their new home.

Alternatively, family demand/ Christmas.

Or just a convenient time to make the report now that they finally secured their new house and have someone to watch the other kids.
Right. Some think he was mistaken in saying two were fosters. That makes sense though if they were in fact fosters. It would be intersting and prudent to know exactly when and how TW, JW procured all 4 children. Whether adopted, or foster. Who at CPS was in charge, Who signed off on what, caseworkers, managers, judges, etc There's got to be paperwork, court records. There needs to be some accountability, and transparency. When it comes to precious littles who's very lives depend on them to do the one job they have to do. PROTECT CHILDREN. Not their own Behinds. MOO

I don't usually comment, but this keeps coming up and back around every couple of pages, so here's my opinion for what its worth:

Chief Walker and CCPD are focused on the house (and surrounding area) because that's HIS main target. As he's said repeatedly, that's where the boys "went missing", and his job is to find out why/how/who/whatever. In view of the fact that they've turned up practically nothing (as we have been told...or maybe there is more and he's not saying, which is his choice), now I think he is making d**m good and sure they have an airtight case for them never being there at all IF they are found elsewhere. No scent trail, nothing of them at the house, etc. If it ever gets to court, he can say, we did all but tear that place to the ground. They weren't there, and we have no clear path out the back gate.

Pointless from us looking in? Maybe. But its hard evidence of where they aren't. We know they definitely weren't buried in the backyard. That's more than has been shown in other cases, right?

I can't imagine they aren't checking out the Bakersfield apartment, etc. But that's BPD's jurisdiction, so the onus is on them to do due diligence checking things out from their end. It would be lovely to have more info from the Chief from that end of things, but again that's his decision as to what he feels can be released.

All of this is JMHO. The chief seems like a good guy, and I sincerely hope this comes to a good resolution for all of us who care about the boys. At the very least I hope they can find them and bring them home...even if they are no longer with us.

YES look at whats going on w the Roman Lopez case today. 13 months later. finally an arrest.

I just got done watching the press conference in the Roman Lopez case. Did anyone else on this thread watch and think of Orrin & Orson? That PD found Roman's body on the same day his parents reported him missing but kept the details from the public until today.

Now that we hear from the chief they supposedly still had foster children, I wonder if a home study was planned for that week to check out their new home.

Alternatively, family demand/ Christmas.

Or just a convenient time to make the report now that they finally secured their new house and have someone to watch the other kids.

i bet the other two kids had a visit coming and CPS was like "we will do the inspection when we pick them up..."

You’re right @MsBetsy.
IMO, well adjusted parents that are emotionally attached and bonded with their children would be doing everything you mention above, and more. It is my opinion after observing them and listening to their imo distancing language in their 12/23/20 media appearance, in addition to everything they haven’t done since the boys went missing, no public pleas, wondering if the boys are ok, safe, cold, hungry, no searching etc., that TW and JW are not emotionally attached/bonded with little O & O, and that is why they haven’t, aren’t able to tell us all those things/humanize them.

It’s so sad to think about what these precious, tiny boys have endured in their short lives.

All of the above IMHOO

ETA-words, punctuation
Yes, it's so important to use the media to spead the word as far as possible. Both parents seemed to think the boys were kidnapped. The mom said she "definitely" thinks they were "definitely picked up by somebody." The dad seemed convinced they were in the neighborhood and wanted to check the houses.

And that's the last we heard from them. Neither parent showed emotion in that interview and it's possible they never did bond with the boys. I also think they know more than they are telling. Imo

The more and more I watch the chief’s interviews I think he knows something about the yard that he just can’t let the public know . I just can’t see him wasting his time focusing on that location for nothing ?

Moo

The more and more I watch the chief’s interviews I think he knows something about the yard that he just can’t let the public know . I just can’t see him wasting his time focusing on that location for nothing ?

Moo

I definitely agree with you. In the first press conference he stressed how very limited their resources were and he didn't want to waste them for no reason [in response to a citizen asking if they searched the desert]. Now he's used those same limited resources to search the yard yet again. It just can't be for nothing, I feel.

I definitely agree with you. In the first press conference he stressed how very limited their resources were and he didn't want to waste them for no reason [in response to a citizen asking if they searched the desert]. Now he's used those same limited resources to search the yard yet again. It just can't be for nothing, I feel.
I agree . I was starting to think maybe he was reaching , but I just went back and really listened to him ... and you are right he’s used the resources there ! I don’t think he’s done.

moo

FEB 4, 2021
Rewards totaling $120,000 offered for information regarding missing California City boys | KGET 17
Rewards offered for information leading to the whereabouts of two California City boys who went missing in late December now stand at a combined $120,000.

[...]

California City police said they have received around 2,500 tips since their disappearance, and have followed up on them all.

[...]

Reward for missing California City boys increases to $120,000 (turnto23.com)
Anna Linn, the city manager of California City confirmed Thursday, that a cannabis company called Traditional Co. pledged the additional $20,000 reward in recent days, which will be offered to anyone with information that brings the boys home.

Last edited:

Moo
I have to admit I am taking some delight in thinking of the Perps squirming.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Slightly OT.

It’s been an incredibly emotional day. On the one hand I was happy to hear about the arrest of the Piper monsters in Roman’s death, and relieved that his dear momma Rochelle will get the answers she deserves. Unfortunately, the evil that was done to her sweet boy will have crushed her yet again :*(. I’m incredibly sad today but also very angry. It makes me fear for what happened to Orrin and Orson. There seems to be no end to these monsters and what they are capable of.

What has made me hopeful though, is knowing how hard LE were at work while many of us thought there may never be justice for that sweet child. They never stopped from the moment they knew he was missing and shortly thereafter found. They did it right and we need to have confidence Chief Walker, his force and FBI are hard at it to find Orrin and Orson and bring this investigation home, no matter how long it takes. The wait may be hard but I’m confident they will get there. I pray it will be sooner rather than later but I will not lose hope.

Yes!! ALL those questions! How sad is that, that NO ONE knows or has bothered to bring these little ones “to LIFE” for us? To make them REAL little guys with likes and dislikes. The AP haven’t bothered because these little ones had “NO life” in the true sense. Of course, JMHO.
I believe these people are into fostering just for the money JMO. Do you get money for adopting kids? I don’t think so they were probably costing them to much. Bio mom said they were always hungry. Do either of the Wests have a job outside the home? I’ve only seen the bio mother cry for her boys and the neighbors, I never saw the adoptive parents shed a tear unless I missed it. LE needs to follow the money trail go through all their finances look for any big chunks of money deposited. They might have sold these two precious boys to another couple for whatever reason to buy Christmas presents for the other kids or help with finances, house payments? This case doesn’t pass the sniff test IMO

Slightly OT.

It’s been an incredibly emotional day. On the one hand I was happy to hear about the arrest of the Piper monsters in Roman’s death, and relieved that his dear momma Rochelle will get the answers she deserves. Unfortunately, the evil that was done to her sweet boy will have crushed her yet again :*(. I’m incredibly sad today but also very angry. It makes me fear for what happened to Orrin and Orson. There seems to be no end to these monsters and what they are capable of.

What has made me hopeful though, is knowing how hard LE were at work while many of us thought there may never be justice for that sweet child. They never stopped from the moment they knew he was missing and shortly thereafter found. They did it right and we need to have confidence Chief Walker, his force and FBI are hard at it to find Orrin and Orson and bring this investigation home, no matter how long it takes. The wait may be hard but I’m confident they will get there. I pray it will be sooner rather than later but I will not lose hope.
I have tremendous respect for Chief Walker. He's doing an excellent job on this case. (At least from my perspective!)

Amateur opinion and speculation

It is absolutely heartbreaking they are literally looking for grave sites. 2 people know where these boys are . This is insanity that these little boys have not been found yet . JW and TW I truly believe know a lot more than they are letting out.

I hope the public quickly understands that they aren’t afraid to talk ... they are choosing not to talk!!!!! People protect their neighborhood in general and get upset when people come snooping ! It has nothing to do with them telling where the boys are .

moo
It is not that surprising that the boys have not been found yet, IMO. IF they were deceased before the family was moved to the new home, they could be anywhere. I cannot blame the investigators for not finding them yet. They could be in the Nevada desert just over the border, or up high in the remote Angeles Mountains. Or in one of the many lakes in the Angeles forest. There is really no way to know if it was all done weeks before they were reported missing. :(

It is not that surprising that the boys have not been found yet, IMO. IF they were deceased before the family was moved to the new home, they could be anywhere. I cannot blame the investigators for not finding them yet. They could be in the Nevada desert just over the border, or up high in the remote Angeles Mountains. Or in one of the many lakes in the Angeles forest. There is really no way to know if it was all done weeks before they were reported missing. :(
I agree with you. someone posted a link earlier of the parents interview with media before it actually started, TW and JW looked more annoyed at the people standing around then trying to find the children. TW had on a long sleeve spandex athletic shirt showing off his muscles. Geez with all those “rambunctious” kids when did he have time to lift weights? I wonder if they even had many clothes or toys that belonged to the boys wherever they slept.

I believe you left out a word, she said "it's nothing to provide for them". Meaning it wouldn't be a problem, she believes she has the physical/financial resources necessary. IMO.
Well, that still confuses me. Because if she had a job, a car and a home for the boys, then why were they taken from her? And why were her rights terminated? That is a serious legal process and it takes a lot for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997