Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, because the "cause" for the separation is that 2 other children went missing from the parents' watch - which even the parents admit- and it's still under investigation. The investigation is active.
Imagine if they returned the children before it's concluded and another one went mysteriously missing. Whose rights do you think matter more - parental or the children's right to safety?
Also there may be evidence the public doesn't know about but LE and CPS know about. It's presumed all of the children have been interviewed.
The authorities haven't terminated TW and JW's parental rights. They are doing the right thing for now, because this isn't going to go on indefinitely.
All IMO.
AGREE!!!! Everything you said.

The West family latest statement made me think of something . I know this is awful and it sounds awful but as crazy as it seems people actually do this. They mentioned the local cemetery because there was a search there I guess or something like that . What if they did do something crazy like that whoever has the boys, what if there was some new spots and they put the boys in a new grave? I mean I know it sounds crazy but it has been done before. Dogs would naturally hit all over a graveyard because of dead bodies and I don’t think people normally think about this type of thing but it happens.

The West family latest statement made me think of something . I know this is awful and it sounds awful but as crazy as it seems people actually do this. They mentioned the local cemetery because there was a search there I guess or something like that . What if they did do something crazy like that whoever has the boys, what if there was some new spots and they put the boys in a new grave? I mean I know it sounds crazy but it has been done before. Dogs would naturally hit all over a graveyard because of dead bodies and I don’t think people normally think about this type of thing but it happens.
Would embalmed bodies cause a cadaver dog to hit, I wonder? If not, then using them on new gravesites could be an indicator of the presence of unembalmed bodies maybe? It’s all too awful to type.

Would embalmed bodies cause a cadaver dog to hit, I wonder? If not, then using them on new gravesites could be an indicator of the presence of unembalmed bodies maybe? It’s all too awful to type.
I'm not sure? I'm not even sure if they had dogs at the graveyard...but the West's mentioned it bc they were complaining about it....so it made me start thinking... I mean if you really think about it....it could be done.
moo

Hi, do you have a link to the statement, thanks

You make a good point about trying to hide a dead body in a cemetery so that the smell of decomposition would be expected to be there. It does sound like a good idea at first, but I’m sure that embalmed dead bodies smell different than decomposing, un-embalmed bodies do. I think that dogs will be especially sensitive to the difference in smell of the chemicals are used for embalming, which slow decomposition. That doesn’t mean it should be checked out!

This has huge ramifications for parents rights. I don't believe that the State should be able to remove children from a household for an indefinite period of time.

Either declare that the Wests are suspects, and start the process, or let them be with their children. The State can't continue to keep the children away from the parents without cause.

And as much as I don't like the situation, in this instance, I would side with the Wests. They have not been identified as "suspects" or even "POI", yet their children have been removed from their home, going on 2-3 months?
Well, they haven't been publicly named suspects, but it does seem that LE are solely focused on the family.

And yes, CPS can't keep their children from them without good reason. In fact the goal is to keep families together and to provide as many services and help to the family as possible.

So I think that the children have not been returned points to there being a good reason. LE and CPS would likely be in regular communication with each other and may have determined that even supervised visitation would not be in the children's best interests.

If the parents have been cleared then I would expect visitation and a gradual return to the home, but we don't know if that's happened.

Since LE is interested in any information about the boys in the past year, then the children are the best witnesses and crucial to the investigation.

Imo

Last edited:
I'm not sure? I'm not even sure if they had dogs at the graveyard...but the West's mentioned it bc they were complaining about it....so it made me start thinking... I mean if you really think about it....it could be done.
moo
What did the Wests mention? When did they complain about having dogs in the cemetary?

No not dogs just people gathering I guess it’s in the link above !
Yes, but that statement was made by the extended family complaining about people trespassing, following them around and making threats against them. The cemetary was mentioned in that context.

And, as it turned out their statement was effective because we've not heard about threats or harrassment since. It also helped that Chief Walker warned against trespassing, which he shouldn't have had to do.

Would they be able to keep the children in foster care if they believed there was a chance of the parents absconding with them if they were returned?. So as a safety concern?
That could be one reason. I think it depends on what CPS has discovered from their investigation and what evidence LE has found in theirs.

Speaking of the kids, I'm wondering if they are still saying they last saw the boys on the 19th, considering all that's happened recently.

You make a good point about trying to hide a dead body in a cemetery so that the smell of decomposition would be expected to be there. It does sound like a good idea at first, but I’m sure that embalmed dead bodies smell different than decomposing, un-embalmed bodies do. I think that dogs will be especially sensitive to the difference in smell of the chemicals are used for embalming, which slow decomposition. That doesn’t mean it should be checked out!

Not all bodies are embalmed before burial, due to preferences, religious reasons, etc.

Not all bodies are embalmed before burial, due to preferences, religious reasons, etc.
Exactly. The cemetery was close too. I don't know but it's really really odd they have had no luck finding them. They may have to really think outside the box with this. Things in my opinion are off besides the obvious...but certain people are on my radar.

MOO

agree and to add. that they are looking for ppl who have seen the boys "in any capacity" for the last year.
BBM

Does this statement coincide with the ages of the two boys in pictures of them that we have seen?
Do the photos of the 2 boys seem to be about 2 and 3 years old when they were first shown to us around Dec 21+?

BBM

Does this statement coincide with the ages of the two boys in pictures of them that we have seen?
Do the photos of the 2 boys seem to be about 2 and 3 years old when they were first shown to us around Dec 21+?
Not in my opinion. Especially the little guy....he does not look 3. Those pictures are old, they had no recent .
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member