Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a news release, the department said there have been numerous media inquiries regarding the facts surrounding the case. The BPD took over as lead agency in the investigation two weeks ago.
BPD: Search warrant in east Bakersfield pertaining to missing California City boys is standard procedure

Have we seen more action in the last two weeks, or am I imagining that?
Seems to me this has been a very active case from the get-go, and ongoing. With the incremental resources Bakersfield has, it would make sense that there would be more action, and hopefully progress!

amateur opinion and speculation

America's Most Wanted returned to TV tonight after 10 years off the air, and Orson and Orrin's disappearance was featured as the last segment of the program. No new information was given, and several photos of the boys, all of which appeared to have been taken when they were toddlers or even infants, were shown.

So glad to see their case featured on a national show like this!

Last edited:
America's Most Wanted returned to TV tonight after 10 years off the air, and Orson and Orrin's disappearance was featured as the last segment of the program. No new information was given, and several photos of the boys, all of which appeared to have been taken when they were toddlers or even infants, were shown.

So glad to see their case featured on a national show like this!
Lot's of video Tweets, but none catch the pics of the boys.

I don't live in CA and I refer to this forum for information for as I think it's clean and unbiased. This is what has not set right with me and it goes against some others opinions.

1. JW never went out to look for the boys. Instead TW says she searched inside the house. As a mother, I can tell you that with no other children home, I would have ran out the door looking and yelling for them. (I would have probably went out looking with other kids home too)

2. JW & TW first interview: it was JW that gives first response when asked to recount the night the boys disappeared, JW responds "From our house." And TW seems like he is doing damage control and gives his answer. (Odd she said from our house if boys were last outside, on back porch, in backyard) When asked about the bio family feeling like they the adoptive parents may have done something, it is JW that responds first in a low almost aloof way saying "Understandable." then TW jumps in to do damage control again saying it's understandable but just want to find "our boys" (As a parent and this includes adoptive parents, any grieving parent would have jumped up and said how dare anyone say that, not agree with the accusations)

3. It is clear TW and JW have a very strong relationship that has endured many years, but I don't think this is a her staying quiet for him situation. (MOO TW finds out what happened to the boys intentionally or unintentionally by JW, they have a lot to lose including their other children. They hurry to take other 4 kids out of house, come back to talk about what to do, he is pacing and thinking in back yard, goes in tells her what they are going to do *the plan, and she is unemotional so really it's all up to him anyway and he is trying to keep everything under control because she is off, and he calls police with story of boys disappearing from back porch)

MOO Amateur Opinion

I don't live in CA and I refer to this forum for information for as I think it's clean and unbiased. This is what has not set right with me and it goes against some others opinions.

1. JW never went out to look for the boys. Instead TW says she searched inside the house. As a mother, I can tell you that with no other children home, I would have ran out the door looking and yelling for them. (I would have probably went out looking with other kids home too)

2. JW & TW first interview: it was JW that gives first response when asked to recount the night the boys disappeared, JW responds "From our house." And TW seems like he is doing damage control and gives his answer. (Odd she said from our house if boys were last outside, on back porch, in backyard) When asked about the bio family feeling like they the adoptive parents may have done something, it is JW that responds first in a low almost aloof way saying "Understandable." then TW jumps in to do damage control again saying it's understandable but just want to find "our boys" (As a parent and this includes adoptive parents, any grieving parent would have jumped up and said how dare anyone say that, not agree with the accusations)

3. It is clear TW and JW have a very strong relationship that has endured many years, but I don't think this is a her staying quiet for him situation. (MOO TW finds out what happened to the boys intentionally or unintentionally by JW, they have a lot to lose including their other children. They hurry to take other 4 kids out of house, come back to talk about what to do, he is pacing and thinking in back yard, goes in tells her what they are going to do *the plan, and she is unemotional so really it's all up to him anyway and he is trying to keep everything under control because she is off, and he calls police with story of boys disappearing from back porch)

MOO Amateur Opinion
You make great points!

The pictures are a big deal. All the pictures are old its strange. They should of had pictures within the last 6 months? Even extended family. Does anyone find this strange that NO ONE had recent pictures?? Toddlers change so much in just a few months. " NO one is ruled out" Chief Walker. The children are the only victims ... this is a failure all around by a lot of people imo. I think there are only 2 people responsible......but a lot of neglect all around.

Also, this is not COVID's fault. It takes one click on your phone to snap a pic and send it.
MOO

@Knox sorry that comment looks wierd lol ! How sad are those pictures? Why does the older boy always look so sunk in on his face? Why does the little guy always look so SAD. Both of them....they never look fully happy. Whoever did this I hope they rot. Life in jail no parole.

MOO

MOO Amateur Opinion
Welcome, Koya32! Great observations.

I think JW actually did say "from our yard," but yes, she does not appear in the neighbor's video to have searched anywhere outside. Yet she stressed during the interview that they had looked "everywhere."

I don't think she mentioned searching the house herself, TW said "they" searched inside, and going by the time in the video JW must have had plenty of time to see that they weren't there yet she never appears to frantically search either of the lots, or anywhere for that matter like a fractic parent would normally do.

At that point they might have known they were seen on video which might be why TW put so much emphasis on the house and stumbled a bit with his description of going in, "saw them there" then outside, didn't see them, back in, etc. It was as if he struggled to remember the details. I also think whatever happened was long before the day they reported them missing.

And yes, it is very strange that they were so agreeable and understanding after being accused of being responsible. I wonder if they made a conscious decision ahead of time not to appear defensive.

I don't think she is staying quiet for him either, I think they are in this together, whatever the situation may turn out to be.

Also, I think the reason TW appears to be doing damage control may be because he is the better speaker. He prompted her before she started talking and helped her out when she couldn't pronounce "assumptions."

Also, I think the reason TW appears to be doing damage control may be because he is the better speaker. He prompted her before she started talking and helped her out when she couldn't pronounce "assumptions."
Sniped for focus

Yet in other occasions JW would say something then TW would repeat that as if JW had cued him in to what to say so I'm not sure that that interview tells us exactly who's in control.
JW seemed more disconnected than TW IMO and that's saying something but as I said, that's just my opinion, how would I know if it was that way or why.

Welcome, Koya32! Great observations.

I think JW actually did say "from our yard," but yes, she does not appear in the neighbor's video to have searched anywhere outside. Yet she stressed during the interview that they had looked "everywhere."

I don't think she mentioned searching the house herself, TW said "they" searched inside, and going by the time in the video JW must have had plenty of time to see that they weren't there yet she never appears to frantically search either of the lots, or anywhere for that matter like a fractic parent would normally do.

At that point they might have known they were seen on video which might be why TW put so much emphasis on the house and stumbled a bit with his description of going in, "saw them there" then outside, didn't see them, back in, etc. It was as if he struggled to remember the details. I also think whatever happened was long before the day they reported them missing.

And yes, it is very strange that they were so agreeable and understanding after being accused of being responsible. I wonder if they made a conscious decision ahead of time not to appear defensive.

I don't think she is staying quiet for him either, I think they are in this together, whatever the situation may turn out to be.

YES! That's another issue I have with those 2....they just are soooo understanding that the bio mom accused them? Come on now.... I would flipped my lid and cussed her out as I'm sure most mothers would.
MOO

Sniped for focus

Yet in other occasions JW would say something then TW would repeat that as if JW had cued him in to what to say so I'm not sure that that interview tells us exactly who's in control.
JW seemed more disconnected than TW IMO and that's saying something but as I said, that's just my opinion, how would I know if it was that way or why.
I think TW is just the better talker to be honest. He adapts and conforms to what he thinks people need to hear. kind of like a chameleon.... those types of people are the ones you need to pay close attention to.....Just my opinion

Sniped for focus

Well, she didn't say much, he did most of the talking, after he edged her on in the beginning and told her what to say. That he intervened while she was talking might be because he is more verbal than she is. At times he cut her off and other times she seemed to be reiterating everything he said, especially about the boys definitely, definitely being "here," in the area, somewhere, and that "they looked everywhere."

She did seem to be detached and unemotional. He seemed more confident and authoritative but also unemotional. Imo

I know it has been discussed in the thread already, but I feel like the fact that they changed lead agencies is extremely telling. LE does not like letting go of being the lead agency, especially in a case as public as this. Perception is that the public will think poorly of them and lose trust in them. Something major was discovered to have them make BPD the lead. This article, although on a completely different type of case, goes over how important it is to establish the lead agency and what it means to let go of being the lead agency in a multi jurisdictional case. On the surface, this is a single jurisdictional case (all CCPD). Something major was discovered to move the case to BPD. I don't buy that it was moved to BPD due to resources etc. BPD/FBI could have continued to lend resources while CCPD was still the lead.

https://bja.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh186/files/Publications/SniperRpt.pdf

I know it has been discussed in the thread already, but I feel like the fact that they changed lead agencies is extremely telling. LE does not like letting go of being the lead agency, especially in a case as public as this. Perception is that the public will think poorly of them and lose trust in them. Something major was discovered to have them make BPD the lead. This article, although on a completely different type of case, goes over how important it is to establish the lead agency and what it means to let go of being the lead agency in a multi jurisdictional case. On the surface, this is a single jurisdictional case (all CCPD). Something major was discovered to move the case to BPD. I don't buy that it was moved to BPD due to resources etc. BPD/FBI could have continued to lend resources while CCPD was still the lead.

https://bja.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh186/files/Publications/SniperRpt.pdf

This is entirely my opinion only, but I didn’t have a ton of confidence in the Cal City LE to lead the investigation. From the outside looking in, it didn’t appear that they really had the resources or perhaps even skill to lead a case of this magnitude with so many moving parts. I know not everyone agrees but I wasn’t impressed at all with the interviews with the CC Chief. It’s telling that there’s been a TON of action since Bakersfield took over and I feel much more confident that there will actually be a resolution, however sad it might be. I do agree with u that the change was likely spurred by evidence/a new lead. JMO.

This is entirely my opinion only, but I didn’t have a ton of confidence in the Cal City LE to lead the investigation. From the outside looking in, it didn’t appear that they really had the resources or perhaps even skill to lead a case of this magnitude with so many moving parts. I know not everyone agrees but I wasn’t impressed at all with the interviews with the CC Chief. It’s telling that there’s been a TON of action since Bakersfield took over and I feel much more confident that there will actually be a resolution, however sad it might be. I do agree with u that the change was likely spurred by evidence/a new lead. JMO.
I have a different viewpoint. I am a fan of the CC Chief. I think he did an amazing job communicating with the press and community. He had scarce resources, and made the most of them. He’s a rock star.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member