Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...so sad that these toddlers have not been found! Hard to believe they just disappeared without a trace...somebody knows something...moo

Great post and I agree with you. I can't recall a case where so little is known about the parents of two missing children, very strange. No real digital footprints, which in this day and age is somewhat rare. No friends or even neighbors speaking out about them personally, save for one in Bakersfield who a YouTuber spoke too (no real details there either). They appeared on camera once and then disappeared from the landscape never to be heard from again o_O

The other thing that struck me were the statements from the extended West family, made on the website they created. They quickly separated themselves from Trezell & Jacqueline, never once backed them up or supported them. What is that all about? Nothing at all from any of Jacqueline's family. I guess after seeing how some of the YouTubers behaved, you can't blame them for remaining silent and out of the camera view?

Hoping Monday brings new developments!!
They sure did separate themselves and they continued to publicly make statements which honestly I felt was a bit much ..... but I’ve never been in a situation like this either . I really don’t know how I would act when it came to children. I know there would be absolutely nothing I knew though , Bc If I even thought for a split second my family was harmed by another family member ... I would probably be in jail ! So I don’t know . I do know that family protects family Bc I’ve seen it before in cases. They just do , unless they get absolutely backed in a corner . I’m not saying they know , I’m saying with their statements it seems like maybe they weren’t so sure about the AP’s.

Moo

Great post and I agree with you. I can't recall a case where so little is known about the parents of two missing children, very strange. No real digital footprints, which in this day and age is somewhat rare. No friends or even neighbors speaking out about them personally, save for one in Bakersfield who a YouTuber spoke too (no real details there either). They appeared on camera once and then disappeared from the landscape never to be heard from again o_O

The other thing that struck me were the statements from the extended West family, made on the website they created. They quickly separated themselves from Trezell & Jacqueline, never once backed them up or supported them. What is that all about? Nothing at all from any of Jacqueline's family. I guess after seeing how some of the YouTubers behaved, you can't blame them for remaining silent and out of the camera view?

They sure did separate themselves and they continued to publicly make statements which honestly I felt was a bit much ..... but I’ve never been in a situation like this either . I really don’t know how I would act when it came to children. I know there would be absolutely nothing I knew though , Bc If I even thought for a split second my family was harmed by another family member ... I would probably be in jail ! So I don’t know . I do know that family protects family Bc I’ve seen it before in cases. They just do , unless they get absolutely backed in a corner .
I’m not in any way saying they knew , I just think there might of been some suspicion from the way they came on so strong separating themselves .

Moo

Hmm. A lot has been read into the AP’s on-camera interview and a lot of dissecting of words. It’s interesting to hear everyone’s interpretations, however, to me, what struck me most is HOW uncomfortable, unprepared, and off guard they were, and how it seemed like they were so nervous that everything they said came out as word-salad. At one point JW even stops talking because she can’t get the words out properly. Using “it” instead of “they” (JMHO) seems more like a word-stumble than anything else.

But that, of course, is very telling in and of itself. It’s why I really believe whatever happened to the kids was an accident (either through punishment or neglect). These people are not criminal masterminds. They could barely string their sentences together when put on the spot. Their whole story falls apart at the seams and implicates them almost right away.

The more time passes, the more I really think that something happened in Bakersfield and rather than calling the police/reporting it and facing the consequences, they panicked and covered it up and got rid of the evidence. They ran away from the problem and moved to a new city. But then as time passed, it got harder and harder to explain the kid’s absence and then as christmas (and a family gathering) approached they decided to fake an incident.

I DID feel that they were trying to sell the narrative that the kids either got into trouble themselves or were taken, and I think using “rambunctious”, combined with TW’s weird comments about how he’s not gonna go door-to-door despite his suspicions, is meant to imply that the boys would fight back and someone (nearby) was silencing/containing them.

Hoping for some action this week, Bakersfield LE seem to be building to a crescendo and it feels like a break is imminent.

Everything is my opinion only and pure speculation of course.
Here’s the thing though too, they CHOSE to interview with a random person , they didn’t do a press conference with police , they didn’t make pleas , they pretty much went on that interview to try to make themselves look better . Which backfired in my opinion big time !

I agree with you they aren’t masterminds , but they seem cold , very very cold .

Moo

Here’s the thing though too, they CHOSE to interview with a random person , they didn’t do a press conference with police , they didn’t make pleas , they pretty much went on that interview to try to make themselves look better . Which backfired in my opinion big time !

I agree with you they aren’t masterminds , but they seem cold , very very cold .

Moo

Honestly I think they were backed into a corner and essentially forced to do that interview because of the public pressure and animosity from neighbours who were upset they hadn’t shown their faces. In many ways I think they screwed themselves over because that interview was so informal and they clearly weren’t prepared at all.

And yup... SILENCE since then. No pressers, no public pleas, no desperation... it speaks volumes.

MOO

It's encouraging to know that LE are working diligently on Orrin and Orson's case.
The search warrant might mean that LE think the grands either know something or the boys may have been there at some point ??
Imo.
My thought too, it doesn't automatically mean they are involved. Trezell or another person could have stored something there which was collected as evidence. If they are completely uninvolved, what a mess they have been drug through!

Last edited:

They have a site? What's the url?

I think it's possible a younger child would have no need to go to the Pediatrician often, if home-schooled and not exposed to other children outside the home. During lockdown/ homeschooling, suddenly there were no illnesses in our home, compared to the frequent illnesses when the children are in school. It was very noticeable, for us anyway, how well social distancing worked .
And I think O & O and siblings were pretty isolated.
BUT yes, they should have had their yearly appointments around their birthdays and at least one dentist visit annually. And it will be interesting to hear when a professional last saw either boy.
All statements IMO.
Of course, how could I have forgotten about COVID??!! My children are teens now and we’ve missed annual appointments due to COVID, I guess I was just thinking back to when they were younger.

This is an earlier vid on the search. I’ve been out of the loop lately. I await with anticipation... it’s been way too long. I was reading a government report this morning and found this snip listed in the summary interesting:

“It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is likely to be in the investigative file within the first week. This provides an opportunity for investigators who are stalled to regroup after a week or two and re-evaluate everyone connected with the investigation. Similarly, it is not uncommon for the police to have actual contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect, for example, during the initial neighborhood canvass.”

While at times the media seems to "get in the way," in the end they are much more likely to have a positive effect on the investigation than a negative one. In short, the media are more likely to bring witnesses forward than to aid the killer in his escape.
https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf

This is an earlier vid on the search. I’ve been out of the loop lately. I await with anticipation... it’s been way too long. I was reading a government report this morning and found this snip listed in the summary interesting:

“It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is likely to be in the investigative file within the first week. This provides an opportunity for investigators who are stalled to regroup after a week or two and re-evaluate everyone connected with the investigation. Similarly, it is not uncommon for the police to have actual contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect, for example, during the initial neighborhood canvass.”

While at times the media seems to "get in the way," in the end they are much more likely to have a positive effect on the investigation than a negative one. In short, the media are more likely to bring witnesses forward than to aid the killer in his escape.
https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf

I can not wait for the press conference today if they are still going to have one . These poor boys, this has been one of the most heartbreaking things .
Moo

I feel like I'm kind of beating a dead horse but yesterday my dog was being super wild. Just chewing on everything just kind of annoying ....and I said rambunctious. I said she was being rambunctious because I was ANNOYED.
If my dog went missing, I wouldn't say it!!!! I would say she is going to be hungry and scared and cold, she loves this type of food, she'll respond to this, she'll be skittish at first but you can try this.... I would be pleading for someone to keep an eye out and pleading for them to return her.
I think someone said this before....but their interview sealed it for me.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member