Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 12, 2021
Bayan Wang Denver 7 | Facebook
MISSING BOYS: It's been about 9 months since toddler brothers Orrin and Orson West were reported missing in California City by their adoptive parents. On Tuesday, I discussed the investigation with a panel on Court TV (4:40 in video). According to the Bakersfield Police Department, authorities are still extracting information from multiple electronic devices seized in the investigation. I am told the public will be very surprised with how meticulous the investigation into the electronics are, once the investigation is concluded.

An update on the boys. Not much of an update, but better than nothing.
  • The other children are still in CPS custody.
  • FBI, DA’s office et al still involved.
  • Billboards still up
  • Vigils each 21st (last night was at casa loma)
  • Next door neighbor in Cal City says that he only became aware boys were missing after he saw police the night of 12/21. He says he went around to neighbor houses to get people looking. He says he stayed out til about 2:30 am that night looking, an hour after law enforcement and helicopters left.
  • 9 Months Missing: The search for California City boys Orrin and Orson West continues

California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing 9 months later | KGET 17

The biological family of two brothers missing from California City still has no answers.

“Unfortunately, we are not unfamiliar with missing children in Bakersfield, so it’s something that we will continue to investigate until we come to the truth of these circumstances,” BPD Sergeant Robert Pair said. “We are not dealing with adults. It’s not like the national events where adults tend to leave bigger digital and life footprints.”

There have been countless requests for comment from the adoptive family but they have denied those requests.

“I just can’t wait for when the boys get some justice or just that they are either found alive – and if they aren’t, we just pray for justice and closure,” Wills said.

Here's an update - apparently LE was searching for the boys THURSDAY !

California boys Orson and Orrin West still missing 9 months after disappearance from home
Encouraging!!!

"The people working on this and the people that are invested in this, that's something that never even factors into it, and it's hurtful on a personal level," Pair said. "Nobody likes to be accused of that, but I think the product of the work when the truth comes to light is going to speak for itself."

I take this to mean - BPD knows the truth and they are working hard to prove what they know. <modsnip> maybe there will be news soon. Noting: no mention of Trezell or Jacqueline West cooperating or helping LE find that elusive "truth".

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what he means by that. Factors into what ? What is hurtful to the people working on the case ?

It would appear LE is being accused of racism, based on the fuller quote from the link:

Pair says they are keeping the case close to the vest, despite being accused of not working hard enough to find the boys because they are African American. "The people working on this and the people that are invested in this, that's something that never even factors into it, and it's hurtful on a personal level," Pair said. "Nobody likes to be accused of that, but I think the product of the work when the truth comes to light is going to speak for itself."

That article also quotes a neighbor, who lived in a property behind theirs, as saying she never saw kids in the yard and doesn't believe they were ever there. She only saw TW.
But we know at least some kids did live there in the house. I think they likely all lived there but still find it odd there weren't more toys, etc. in the backyard.

That article also quotes a neighbor, who lived in a property behind theirs, as saying she never saw kids in the yard and doesn't believe they were ever there. She only saw TW.
But we know at least some kids did live there in the house. I think they likely all lived there but still find it odd there weren't more toys, etc. in the backyard.
It is very eerie that the children were never seen or heard playing in the yard.

It is very eerie that the children were never seen or heard playing in the yard.
The folks that live in the house across my back fence just recently took out a bunch of trees, put in a new fence, a pool, and a giant swing set. I happened to catch the man out in his yard not too long ago and asked if they were new to the neighborhood. He looked at me like had 3 heads and said "we've lived here for 17 years". Until last summer, I never saw him, his wife or their teenage kid in the back yard. Not once. Not ever. Neither did anyone else in my family.

I found it pretty weird myself, but there are families like this. Before this encounter if I were asked by LE, I'd have to say honestly, no children lived in that house, to my knowledge. Yet I'd be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo