Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The folks that live in the house across my back fence just recently took out a bunch of trees, put in a new fence, a pool, and a giant swing set. I happened to catch the man out in his yard not too long ago and asked if they were new to the neighborhood. He looked at me like had 3 heads and said "we've lived here for 17 years". Until last summer, I never saw him, his wife or their teenage kid in the back yard. Not once. Not ever. Neither did anyone else in my family.

I found it pretty weird myself, but there are families like this. Before this encounter if I were asked by LE, I'd have to say honestly, no children lived in that house, to my knowledge. Yet I'd be completely wrong.

IMHO a couple with one teenager is going to use their backyard differently than a family with six rambunctious boys under the age of 12.

During the decade plus we were eye-deep in youth soccer, it was rare to see anyone in the yard!

If you see Mr. Laughing in the yard -- he's probably on the riding mower.

Where are these two rambunctious cuties???

images

the4thquarterpush.com

Odd. My kids were always running in and out, dogs, juice boxes, popsicles...we were always outside, working in the garden, doing yard work, planting bulbs, raking leaves...

Things O and O will never get to do...
I hear the kids next door all the time, there are five of them in varying ages. The noises are joyful, mad, sad, hurt. We're all on three acre parcels so not on top of each other, it's normal background noise. The only time I really pay attention is if it sounds like someone is hurt.

The neighbor's (who never saw or heard kids in back yard) home & the West home's backyards face each other. I believe her statement, she would have no reason to lie IMO. But another neighbor across the street whose home faces the driveway of the West home, said he saw children there. "Neighbors told police they saw children there, but could not specifically say if they saw Orrin and Orson". Security camera footage from two days before Orrin and Orson West went missing

Even though I'm frustrated at the length of time it's taking and the lack of details. I personally think BPD and their partners are working hard to find Orrin & Orson. I'm not sure who is raising the issue of race, but I'll not participate in that kind of discussion.

Where are the Boys?!!

Last edited:
Wouldn't you think that they could at least charge these folks with child neglect? It is obvious that they were "neglecting" O and O by leaving them unattended.

General Neglect: lack of supervision

Child Abuse and Neglect in California - Part I
Yes I agree. It seems strange to me. I was sadly very recently affiliated with a case sort of like this in that there was both a criminal investigation and a CPS investigation. In that case, the parents were both arrested on one felony charge of child neglect/abuse and released on bail. Then at the end of a CPS hearing they were arrested on more felony charges of abuse neglect. Much to my shock. I had to decide to bail or not to bail. It was terrible. I didn’t bail.

These charges for O and O are even more serious. Let’s just say, I’m VERY surprised no one has been arrested in this case yet!!!

Also, my family member who I did not bail out, lost their job as a result, lost their home, but regained their children and apparently forgave me. We are in each other’s lives so… there is that. (Her husband however is in prison for a very long time). Moo

Exactly. It will be a year soon. Christmas is coming up. I wonder if these folks got their biological kids back yet?

I guess that they won't be foster parents any longer...but, since they have not been charged with anything, not even Child Neglect, I guess that they could still be eligible to be foster parents, and even adopt more kids.

That is why I think some charges, are better than absolutely nothing.

Exactly. It will be a year soon. Christmas is coming up. I wonder if these folks got their biological kids back yet?

I guess that they won't be foster parents any longer...but, since they have not been charged with anything, not even Child Neglect, I guess that they could still be eligible to be foster parents, and even adopt more kids.

That is why I think some charges, are better than absolutely nothing.
I agree. It seems NUTS to me that the AP’s had all their children taken away and yet haven’t even gotten a single charge of neglect yet.
The only thing I can think is that the prosecutors know:
-the other kids are safe
-the AP’s will likely qualify for a public defender as soon as they are charged

But still. They could easily escape to Mexico. They could be abroad right now. I hope LE is watching them WAY more closely than they watched Leticia Stauch.

The folks that live in the house across my back fence just recently took out a bunch of trees, put in a new fence, a pool, and a giant swing set. I happened to catch the man out in his yard not too long ago and asked if they were new to the neighborhood. He looked at me like had 3 heads and said "we've lived here for 17 years". Until last summer, I never saw him, his wife or their teenage kid in the back yard. Not once. Not ever. Neither did anyone else in my family.

I found it pretty weird myself, but there are families like this. Before this encounter if I were asked by LE, I'd have to say honestly, no children lived in that house, to my knowledge. Yet I'd be completely wrong.

we lived next door to some folx w two fairly young kids and never saw or heard them until i saw the boy take out the trash one day. and the husband would chat w my husband occasionally! it was so wierd.

we lived next door to some folx w two fairly young kids and never saw or heard them until i saw the boy take out the trash one day. and the husband would chat w my husband occasionally! it was so wierd.

I think it happens more often than we like to think. In my case, I've since learned there are 3 teen girls that live in this family across the back fence and we've been neighbors for 8 years, and there's no way I'd have ever known that, since they were literally never in the yard.

Even more reason to cut any neighbors some slack when it comes to not knowing those boys lived there.

jmo

I am shocked that this case wasn't solved. To be able to get away with disappearing TWO children is baffling to me. How does this happen?

imo this case will never be solved, or at least not anytime soon. Maybe in years if someone slips up and talks but for now however did this, is getting away with it.

The "parents" seemed to have used the "not talking no matter what" option and by all appearances, it worked.

I am shocked that this case wasn't solved. To be able to get away with disappearing TWO children is baffling to me. How does this happen?

imo this case will never be solved, or at least not anytime soon. Maybe in years if someone slips up and talks but for now however did this, is getting away with it.

The "parents" seemed to have used the "not talking no matter what" option and by all appearances, it worked.

Caught up with the Herrmans eventually:

KS - KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

also with Erica Parson's murderers:

Found Deceased - NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

The other children have provided information & as they build trust in adults they will provide more IMHO.

jmho ymmv lrr

It would appear LE is being accused of racism, based on the fuller quote from the link:

Pair says they are keeping the case close to the vest, despite being accused of not working hard enough to find the boys because they are African American. "The people working on this and the people that are invested in this, that's something that never even factors into it, and it's hurtful on a personal level," Pair said. "Nobody likes to be accused of that, but I think the product of the work when the truth comes to light is going to speak for itself."

My personal opinion is that this is a huge problem, and it is more about being cautious in regards to potential POI, rather than not doing a robust investigation.

Note: no POI have been identified by LEO at this time. And I hope that the victims family is being updated on a regular basis by LEO, in regards to the progress into finding O & O.

My personal opinion is that this is a huge problem, and it is more about being cautious in regards to potential POI, rather than not doing a robust investigation.

Note: no POI have been identified by LEO at this time. And I hope that the victims family is being updated on a regular basis by LEO, in regards to the progress into finding O & O.
I truly find it absolutely incongruous that they could have probable cause to remove the remaining children from custody, but not enough to charge child abuse or neglect. Seems nuts to me!!

You better have enough to charge me if you are taking my kids away for the better part of a year!!! Getting sick of this. Need arrests!!!!

I truly find it absolutely incongruous that they could have probable cause to remove the remaining children from custody, but not enough to charge child abuse or neglect. Seems nuts to me!!

You better have enough to charge me if you are taking my kids away for the better part of a year!!! Getting sick of this. Need arrests!!!!

Yes, I mentioned that earlier in the thread. What is the legal standing for CPS to remove children from a home, when other children in the home, just "wandered out of the backyard and disappeared" in less than 2 minutes or so?

CPS cannot just remove biological children from a home, without some sort of plan for family reunification. Or provide evidence that the children would be in danger if they are placed back with the parents.

And, from what we have seen on WS, that bar is almost nonexistent.

This case for support filed on 2/17, has went absolutely no where. https://odyprodportal.kern.courts.ca.gov/PORTALPROD/Home/WorkspaceMode?p=0#CaseInformation

Didn't someone at BPD recently say the other kids had not been returned to Trezell & Jackie?

Yes. They sure did.
So why no action in pursuing support? Does anyone think maybe the West duo skipped town and LE is just not saying anything? I sort of miss those obnoxious Youtubers about now. Maybe they could find out where they are and film them if they are still in Bakersfield. Wonder what happened to the house in CalCity. Has it went into foreclosure yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314