Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy’s biological cousin, Rosanna “Ro” Wills, is among the loved ones convinced that the boys were never in California City.

The Wests had moved into the home in September and reported the boys missing three months later.

“Something happened. Something happened,” Wills said.

The Wests moved away but are said to return periodically to check on the home.

They have not attended any of the prayer gatherings or recent searches.

“We’re the only ones out here, including the supporters, who are pushing for the boys,” Wills said. “We haven’t heard nothing from their side of the family, the adoptive family.”

Missing in America: The case of Orrin and Orson West

Wonder if child protective services allows visits with the older four rambunctious boys???

A second Christmas in foster care seems to be the reality for these 4, unless I missed something.

Reminds me of Terry Horman walking away from her daughter, seems to be to avoid answering any questions under oath....

Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020

(lots of Kyron threads to choose from.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Remember when we were all brainstorming what could possibly take two little boys away?

Hot car death etc? Well the new details in the Ariel Sellers case really made me think of Orrin and Orson. We really had a hard time imagining how this could happen. But then I read this…

Adopted parents locked Ariel in a dog cage so she couldn’t get food and duct taped the child’s airways.

I am really afraid O and O may have faced something like this. If so, perhaps the siblings were sheltered from some of it and that’s why we haven’t seen arrests yet. MOO

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...-after-the-california-city-boys-disappearance

This article is interesting, it states that even after children are adopted in California, they are still checked up on. And the Wests also had two other foster children. I wonder when the last time these children were checked up on...it says services continued during the Pandemic.
I hope the local advocates for O and O will call for answers on this question of when social workers last checked on the family and last saw O and O.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local...-after-the-california-city-boys-disappearance

This article is interesting, it states that even after children are adopted in California, they are still checked up on. And the Wests also had two other foster children. I wonder when the last time these children were checked up on...it says services continued during the Pandemic.

I think that [bbm] is only true with foster/adoptions. We adopted our kids in Cali and never ever saw anyone from the state again, once it was finalised in court.

We adopted both children at birth and it took until they were about 18 months for the finalised court proceedings.

My understanding is that 'foster to adopt ' cases often involve sibling units, or special needs cases, which then include monthly benefits. And in those cases, one would still be working with the social workers.

I hope the local advocates for O and O will call for answers on this question of when social workers last checked on the family and last saw O and O.

The problem with this, is how many of those reports are found to be fraudulent when investigated. That is why the cars used by CPS workers have GPS trackers, and the tracker is correlated with reports. If anyone wants to double check reports.

This is hardly ever reported. I had a tracker on my car when I worked for the school district.

Bayan Wang Denver7

MISSING BOYS: Today marks 11 months since two toddler brothers reportedly disappeared from their backyard in California City while both their adoptive parents were home. Orson was 3 years-old at the time, Orrin was 4. Both have had birthdays since. There has been no sign of them that police have publicly released and no suspects formally identified.

The Bakersfield Police Department confirmed with me on Thursday that the adoptive parents' other four children still remain with Child Protective Services. They were taken away from the adoptive parents Jacqueline and Trezell West, shortly after police began investigating the disappearance of Orson and Orrin.
I spoke about the case live tonight with DutyRon -- tune in. https://youtu.be/a2rhSyzpHvQ

I'm hoping since we are nearing the one year mark, there is going to be movement very soon!!

I think that it is significant that the biological children are still in CPS custody. And I wonder how that can be justified if the parents have not been identified as suspects or POI in the case of the missing boys.

I think that it is significant that the biological children are still in CPS custody. And I wonder how that can be justified if the parents have not been identified as suspects or POI in the case of the missing boys.

I think they most certainly have been, internally - among LE and CPS. It just hasn't been announced publicly.

jmo

I've thought about this too. Setting aside Orrin & Orson went missing under very suspicious circumstances. I've wondered if there were other issues in the home uncovered in the investigation?

It does seem significant. Pure speculation, perhaps they learned information from the remaining children that triggered enough concern to keep them in custody. That's just a guess.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member