Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have zero knowledge what direction the BPD investigation is centered on. Were the boys sold, killed, given away to someone out of state? How complicated could it be?
My frustration is mounting at the time this is taking, but I'll wager once all the details become public - it will be clear why.

Often when this is the case, it's because the lead agency has most of the answers and doesn't need the public's input.
I sure hope that's the case here, and the rest of the answers come soon, for the sake of justice for these little guys.

We have zero knowledge what direction the BPD investigation is centered on. Were the boys sold, killed, given away to someone out of state? How complicated could it be?
My frustration is mounting at the time this is taking, but I'll wager once all the details become public - it will be clear why.

Normally I have little time for complex trafficking or “sold baby” theories but with this one I honestly think it’s not a completely far-fetched idea. There’s something very whiffy in an organised sort of way about this situation.

I think the answers are probably more likely to lie in Bakersfield than in Cal City. And I don’t think it’s any coincidence that there’s rumours of secretive/isolated behaviours like the kids being kept away from other people. I think they might’ve been gone before the family moved to Cal City.

The out of state searches are very interesting indeed. I’m trying to think back to the rumours of sightings etc early on in the case and struggle to remember anything outside California. I do remember remains of children being found in Mexico and thinking that I wouldn’t have been surprised if there was a Mexican connection to all of this. The bodies weren’t O&O, of course, but I’d still leave Mexico on the table anyway.

Maybe I’m just giving extra head space to these theories because it would mean they’re more likely to be alive. My only other plausible explanation is that they were abused and died. The one thing I don’t believe at all is that they simply wandered off. Not even for a second.

MOO.

As we near the one year mark from when O and O were reported missing, I want to take the opportunity to bring us back to those first, early hours. The initial report(s) drew our attention for a reason.

no name, no photo— what in the world??
https://twitter.com/mzsleepe1/status/1341234684743667712?s=21

hours later, names but one photo only — clearly an OLD pic… I’m sorry WUT??!!!
https://twitter.com/mzsleepe1/status/1341283495658680320?s=21

Also the kids were listed with RIDICULOUS measurements (identical to each other but made NO sense for age) AND identical outfits that were EXTREMELY non descript (some folks doubted me on here but I seriously think it’s harder/ more expensive/ RARE to find a sweatshirt with no print on it for kids… might be wrong because of my privilege but I don’t think so. My kids’ fancy school bans words on shirts. Believe me they are harder to find.)

I will never forget when O and O went missing. I was in a tropical paradise for the holiday but kept disappearing to my guest quarters for updates and finally press conferences.

I had a mutual who was related to the APs and watched his lack of relevant posts like a hawk.

oh those poor boys. From the start it was all wrong. Sad.

@MoeInVA Great post.

And you're saying you had an aquaintence who was related to the adoptive parents?
Not really. I have a few friends in common with a relative of the adoptive parents. So I was able to see their social posts (which did not include photos, pleas or missing posters or anything for a very long time).

Not really. I have a few friends in common with a relative of the adoptive parents. So I was able to see their social posts (which did not include photos, pleas or missing posters or anything for a very long time).

Can I ask if you were able to see any pictures of their children ? Did they used to post birthday, holiday pictures and then suddenly stop ? Or did they never post pics of their kids ?

Can I ask if you were able to see any pictures of their children ? Did they used to post birthday, holiday pictures and then suddenly stop ? Or did they never post pics of their kids ?
The only pics I saw were old. The relative with whom I share mutual friends lives on the east coast. So not surprised they didn’t have recent photos. It was more surprising that no one was sharing missing posters and pleas for help in those first few days.

Exactly. I have more pictures of our cat than those folks had of their kids. I took a picture of her yesterday, tearing down the mess, formerly known as a "Christmas Tree".

So, just trying to understand the logic of law enforcement.

In comparison to "Jana Duggar" who is charged with Child Endangerment in Arkansas when a child in her care leaves the property, without her knowledge. Child is home, unharmed.

The Wests, lose two children, completely, when both parents are home, and there are zero charges, in California. The children are gone.

Just not understanding this at all.

Last edited:
So, just trying to understand the logic of law enforcement.

In comparison to "Jana Duggar" who is charged with Child Endangerment in Arkansas when a child in her care leaves the property, without her knowledge.

The Wests, lose two children, completely, when both parents are home, and there are zero charges, in California.

Just not understanding this at all.

I don't understand it either, but I do suspect when arrests are finally made in the boys' case (and I believe 100% they will) that the details that come out will most likely explain all the unanswered questions we have right now. Or at least some of them. The PC affidavit for the arrest warrant(s) is usually a real eye opener.

jmo

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) – As the biological family of brothers Orson and Orrin West mark a year since their sons’ disappearance, frustration and worn patience are fueling action by the Pettus family.

“Somebody knows what’s going on,” said Charles Pettus, the biological father of the boys. “If you did something, let people know because you’re hurting people’s kids. You’re taking family away from family, these were babies.”

Attorneys Antonio Castillo and Darren Richie are part of a Beverly Hills law firm representing the Pettus family in a suit against Kern County.

Kern Child Protective Services took the boys from their biological parents and placed them with Jacqueline and Trezell West.

That suit alleges the county was negligent to take the boys from their birth parents — Pettus and his mother, Brenda — and place them in the custody of the West family, which adopted the boys and had custody when they disappeared.

https://www.kget.com/missing-cal-ci...ZVEFk_TIT5gie3wINvJCXPfPVSHuXxTTWqDlvGq5I3uwM

“They recently found human remains it looks like they were found in early-November,” Castillo said. “So the children’s father, Mr. Pettus, went in to allow DNA to be collected see if there was a potential DNA match.”

But Castillo said he didn’t know any specific details about the reported discovery.

Bakersfield Police declined to comment on the possible discovery of remains and said it is routine to ask family of missing persons to submit DNA samples.

Watch the video.

Missing Cal City boys family files lawsuit against city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members