Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
every single time I read statements from them I just get the strangest feeling. I can not put my finger on it though. Where are the BOYS?!!!!!!!

100% agree.

I can't understand why it took 2 weeks to get the (very obviously) more recent pic of Orrin or why that newer picture isn't being used on all media and flyers. To me, the 2 pictures of Orrin that have been shown on some of the news and other sites, don't even look like the same child... yet the one in the yellow shirt is the one we constantly see. Makes no sense to me. Jmo

My theory is that we will eventually be reading affidavits in this case that are reminiscent of this emerging case of missing TX toddler James Chairez:

VIDEO: Mother of missing San Antonio toddler tells family member she put him up for adoption

This line in particular stood out to me as something similar to what I expect to read in the West case:

According to court records, Chairez told a variation of stories about her son’s whereabouts since Thanksgiving. Gomez told KENS 5 she had repeatedly asked to see James but was given a variety of reasons she couldn't, such as the child being with friends or family or sleeping.

WS Thread TX - TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

I think of this case every day. I am so frustrated by the pace of the investigation- but I know they need to gather the evidence to make the best case they can. I just watched The Investigation on HBO and the painstaking process that LE goes through behind the scenes deserves so much respect. I am saddened to think the boys are gone, but they deserve to be found and for justice to be served.

what happens when someone is officially named a poi? I am new to this, so I’m not really sure. What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this? I am curious as to whether this could happen soon.

Seriously, this is ridiculous that this search has just dropped out of the news. TWO CHILDREN gone? Why is there no national news on this? Is it that common that two children just go missing at the same time? Is this a race issue?
Bumping this up.

I think of this case every day. I am so frustrated by the pace of the investigation- but I know they need to gather the evidence to make the best case they can. I just watched The Investigation on HBO and the painstaking process that LE goes through behind the scenes deserves so much respect. I am saddened to think the boys are gone, but they deserve to be found and for justice to be served.

what happens when someone is officially named a poi? I am new to this, so I’m not really sure. What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this? I am curious as to whether this could happen soon.
I am new to this too (joined in July) but the sense I get is that police and prosecutors moved away from naming people as POIs or suspects until they feel confident in their case because then the suspects lawyer up and clamp up.

An exception might be a case like Lori Vallow Daybell where the kids could be in imminent danger so while not a named Suspect they publicly put pressure on her until she was an imminent flight risk so they arrested on a lesser charge.

the only benefits I could see of naming poi/suspect would be:

1) put pressure on them ( often you can do this without officially naming them, but maybe naming would get them fired or something)
2) warn public / their contacts
3) elicit witness help you believe is out there, but were not able to get otherwise.

but I am no expert! Hope others will weigh in.

Seriously, this is ridiculous that this search has just dropped out of the news. TWO CHILDREN gone? Why is there no national news on this? Is it that common that two children just go missing at the same time? Is this a race issue?
Bumping this up.

I believe that it is an "adoption" issue. Not to go off topic...but it is scary how many adopted and foster children "disappear" every year. And how many are killed by their adoptive parents. The list is crazy...

I believe that it is an "adoption" issue. Not to go off topic...but it is scary how many adopted and foster children "disappear" every year. And how many are killed by their adoptive parents. The list is crazy...

Really? are there really that many children that go missing after adoption? I suppose I really only know the mainstream media cases. what a terrible nightmare for those children.

Really? are there really that many children that go missing after adoption? I suppose I really only know the mainstream media cases. what a terrible nightmare for those children.

Google it, I was actually surprised at how many I found. I was looking at "missing adopted children" to see posts about "O and O", and couldn't believe how many other kids (adopted) just go missing...

The Adoption System’s Lost Children

This article is really interesting.

Last edited:
Bumping this up.
I believe that law enforcement and family know this is a recovery mission and that broad publicity is unlikely to help.

Circulating these old photos of the boys is unlikely to help. AND updating / age progressing photos of the boys is unlikely to help.

Otherwise they would have done these things.

in some cases national publicity just hurts the investigation as investigators must spend tine chasing down each tip. Instead of investigating the actual leads. We saw this in missing cases before where LE told families to stop seeking tips shortly before an arrest.

Based on LE actions and the fact that none of the adopted extended family ever shared a missing poster, I think it’s a good bet that national media won’t help find the boys. JMO

California foster parents are being asked to take in '26 plus' migrant children | Daily Mail Online

March 24, 2021

CCLD is a division of California's Department of Social Services that oversees foster home and care licensing.

The couple received an email with the same urgent message, containing links for them to communicate how many available beds they have - ranging from zero to '26 +.'

[..]

'Usually the maximum amount of children you are allowed to foster at any one time is six,' said Travis, who currently fosters two four-month-old twins with his wife, while also caring for their biological twins, aged six.

'We called our case worker and she told us that everyone was calling her because they had got that same call,' said the small automotive business owner from Orange, California.

'She said there was a big influx of children coming in, but she didn't know where from,' he added.

I really hope it's not possible for foster parents to take in 26 children in CA or any other state. :eek:

Last edited:
California foster parents are being asked to take in '26 plus' migrant children | Daily Mail Online

March 24, 2021

CCLD is a division of California's Department of Social Services that oversees foster home and care licensing.

The couple received an email with the same urgent message, containing links for them to communicate how many available beds they have - ranging from zero to '26 +.'

[..]

'Usually the maximum amount of children you are allowed to foster at any one time is six,' said Travis, who currently fosters two four-month-old twins with his wife, while also caring for their biological twins, aged six.

'We called our case worker and she told us that everyone was calling her because they had got that same call,' said the small automotive business owner from Orange, California.

'She said there was a big influx of children coming in, but she didn't know where from,' he added.

I really hope it's not possible for foster parents to take in 26 children in CA or any other state. :eek:
Uh? 26 kids at once? In the same house? In a normal sized, family home? That just doesn’t even make sense.

March 24, 2021

[..]

That is institutionalization. And the money maker. Then, the kids get thrown back into the system when they age out, no more cash. Kick to the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela