Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions!

What type of terrain is just beyond this neighborhood?
We hear desert, but is it barren land with no growth?
Can you see open land for long distances?
Were any footprints found outside the yard? Child size or larger?
Are the West parents back at the home?
Are the other children still with the grandparents?

It doesn’t seem possible for young children to survive almost 8 full days outside alone without food, water or shelter.

I have just one question here. From where was Mr West gathering that wood? i haven't seen any wood outside their yard, neither on the video footage, nor in the pictures.
Good question, @Hexe .

A different poster who lives in the area pointed out that there's a vacant wooded lot after the first lot behind their house.
So a walk of about 3-4 city blocks behind them ?
My question is was it nearly dark yet when he went out into the wooded area to gather firewood ?
If so-- did he have a flashlight or one of those lights you can wear on your hat/cap ?
And did the boys try to follow him and veered away ?
Of course, the SAR dogs didn't find a scent of the children outside of the house -- according to the reporter, so there's that. :(
MOO

I believe he used to story of gathering firewood to cover his bases as it gives a reason to:

-why the babies were outside
-why they weren’t being watched
-why the gate was open
-why it took him too long to realize they were gone.

I don’t think FBI found any fire wood and I don’t think they found chalk drawings. Moo
Idk about the firewood, another member posted that in the Zillow pics there is a fireplace in the house; but we know there were no chalk drawings.
Since someone pointed out that the adoptive dad has his arms wrapped around himself in the interview (which I took to be defensive posture but was probably due to the extreme cold) so he was just feeling the chill --- the kids may not have wanted to stay outside for long and went back into the house ?
MOO

Last edited:
In the video:

AM: Erm, we just want to thank everybody in the community for all the support we've seen, we've felt so helpless and seeing everybody out here really looking and helping out really means alot.

She expresses their emotion: feeling "helpless"...

She does not express concern for what the toddlers are currently experiencing. This is expected from a mother or a nurturing caretaker.

This lands at random:

REMINDER

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

In this particular case, while LE has not ruled anyone out, they have also not named anyone as a suspect, therefore all family members remain under the Victim Friendly policy at this time.

I have watched the interview with adoptive parents and what stood out to me was when the reporter asked the adoptive mother if they had any recent photos to share of the boys. She stated that she did but ‘they’re all on the phone, you know’ the phone that LE now has I would assume? But surely before LE / FBI whomever confiscated said phone the most recent photos would be the most likely to share not older ones unless they have been told not to for some reason or another by the authorities. Anyway, that didn’t make much sense to me.

This lands at random:

REMINDER

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

In this particular case, while LE has not ruled anyone out, they have also not named anyone as a suspect, therefore all family members remain under the Victim Friendly policy at this time.
@Ontario Mom
If we don't refer to the adoptive parents by their names, do we call them AM adoptive mom, AD adoptive dad? Im not sure.

Last edited:
Does anyone have something that says which kids had left with grandparents? I had thought it was oldest two bio kids but it’s sounding like some people think that all but the two youngest were away?
TIA!

If we don't refer to the adoptive parents by their names, do we call them AM adoptive mom, AD adoptive dad? Im not sure.
I believe as they've given an msm interview per. the links I posted; we can refer to the adoptive parents by their names or at least their initials.
The news articles describes them by their full names.

Does anyone have something that says which kids had left with grandparents? I had thought it was oldest two bio kids but it’s sounding like some people think that all but the two youngest were away?
TIA!
Msm has quoted adoptive dad as saying: "The rest of the kids were with Grandma. They left, they went on vacation."

Yet, msm has stated all the remaining children were taken by authorities out of the home.

Hmmmm......

I have just one question here. From where was Mr West gathering that wood? i haven't seen any wood outside their yard, neither on the video footage, nor in the pictures.
From the vacant lot next to his home.

Don't think wood in the traditional sense - we're not talking a cord of oak firewood that he's throwing over the fence. More like sticks and tree branches.

So many questions!

What type of terrain is just beyond this neighborhood?
We hear desert, but is it barren land with no growth?
Can you see open land for long distances?
Were any footprints found outside the yard? Child size or larger?
Are the West parents back at the home?
Are the other children still with the grandparents?

It doesn’t seem possible for young children to survive almost 8 full days outside alone without food, water or shelter.
it's not barren, there's scrub brush every where. You can see for long distances but it's deceiving. Lots of little dips and rises, just to the east of the house is a wash that's pretty decently sized

TIA!
Correct, that's what TW stated in his interview here , start at 12:30-

Important detail PM - the other children were "on vacation". Transcribed below from your link, beginning at 12:30-Bayan Wang 23ABC - Facebook
  • A speaker off camera is asking the bio-parents if they realize how the situation looks. "You went in the house and then the kids disappeared".
  • TW- Exactly, and that's what we are trying to figure out.
  • Speaker off camera- How did they disappear, you guys have the house supervised already. My question is why are they the only two children sent out of the house?
  • TW-The rest of the kids were with Grandma. They left, they went on vacation.
  • Speaker off camera- So they didn't go.
  • TW-No they are too young, we watched them, and it turns out that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member