Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog was on scene and didn't track any scent outside the house. If it tracked it in the back yard it never left the backyard out the gate that the adoptive parents said the boys walked out through. The next night they were digging up the backyard
The digging bit has me wondering. :(
It's not like the boys had phones and I wonder what tipped them off to dig at all ?
In a different case the mom who poisoned her foster son with salt (Lacey Spears ?) --the foster dad had burned the bedding on the families' grill, and then buried it; iirc ?
Imo.

What do you make of BPD plain clothes (detectives) being at the house yesterday? Jurisdictionally speaking, I wouldn't think it odd if KCSO were there. But BPD sort of leads me to believe things are being investigated in Bakersfield, beyond just ensuring the bio-family is not involved in the disappearance, MOO.

I believe the adoptive family has ties to Bakersfield, too.

The digging bit has me wondering. :(
It's not like the boys had phones and I wonder what tipped them off to dig at all ?
In a different case the mom who poisoned her foster son with salt (Lacey Spears ?) --the foster dad had burned the bedding on the families' grill, and then buried it; iirc ?
Imo.
Not sure what tipped them off to dig but they had interviewed the parents Tuesday sometime. Tuesday night they brought the dog in and the family van was towed. Interviewed them again Wednesday and Wednesday night they were digging and we've heard nothing since.

Not sure what tipped them off to dig but they had interviewed the parents Tuesday sometime. Tuesday night they brought the dog in and the family van was towed. Interviewed them again Wednesday and Wednesday night they were digging and we've heard nothing since.
Just thinking about the possibilities here makes me feel faint.
One of the neighbors must have heard something that sounded concerning. (Speculation only)

Amateur opinion and speculation

When were the boys last seen by someone outside of the adoptive family ?

I wish it was as simple as the bio family wanted them back and just took them-- but if that were the case I think LE would know and we'd have a resolution by now. :(
Imo.

:( I know what you mean, roses.
I can think of numerous possibilities, and only the far-fetched possibilities would be a good outcome at this point, with a week having passed. It's dreadful.
Yes, I'm doing my best to stay grounded and dwell in the realm of the possible. You are right; much of the hopeful speculations are far-fetched given the little we do know, and the time factor.

Yet, I'm hung up on the timing. Right before Christmas. There is still a slight chance that some misguided adult from the bio family has secreted them away. Not accusing, just pondering any and all possibilities that could mean they are alive.

Yes, I'm doing my best to stay grounded and dwell in the realm of the possible. You are right; much of the hopeful speculations are far-fetched given the little we do know, and the time factor.

Yet, I'm hung up on the timing. Right before Christmas. There is still a slight chance that some misguided adult from the bio family has secreted them away. Not accusing, just pondering any and all possibilities that could mean they are alive.

Honestly, given their ages, it’s the only hope that they are still alive. IMHO.

I haven't followed this case closely from the beginning. But to me the most concerning thing is what appears to be a very limited search for the boys in the surrounding area. It sounds like they gave up on that almost right away.

If I believed my little ones had wandered off our property and were missing in the surrounding area I would be a hysterical mess and if law enforcement weren't out looking I would be begging people to help me while I looked.

I haven't followed this case closely from the beginning. But to me the most concerning thing is what appears to be a very limited search for the boys in the surrounding area. It sounds like they gave up on that almost right away.

If I believed my little ones had wandered off our property and were missing in the surrounding area I would be a hysterical mess and if law enforcement weren't out looking I would be begging people to help me while I looked.
Agreed.
It's gone quite silent right now.
Hoping for news soon.
I wish it could be wonderful.
But bracing for bad, because it's been too long, and I'm certain LE have checked with anyone who knew the boys or had contact with them like daycare, preschool, etc.
MOO

It's called being scared spitless. Who amongst us wouldn't be equally scared/disoriented etc. in a similar situation?

IMO he looks to be self comforting. She looks antsy. Glacing around her. (As if lookong for signs of the boys?) I might be much the same if my kids were missing and I was suppose to be doing an interview while having the bio family standing by knowing they place blame on the adoptive parents.

IMO he looks to be self comforting. She looks antsy. Glacing around her. (As if lookong for signs of the boys?) I might be much the same if my kids were missing and I was suppose to be doing an interview while having the bio family standing by knowing they place blame on the adoptive parents.

True. I'm not really placing much on their demeanor in that video, given the environment of people demanding they talk, yelling outside their home, etc. I don't care what people say... people aren't obligated to go talk to people loitering outside their home. I care more that LE said they were cooperative, and by all accounts they have been.

There are a few people in town who feel as if they are owed some kind of thanks for looking for these boys. Nobody asked them to. LE only asked for people to be on the lookout for them... not to camp outside the home as they have. I'm no sure how helpful that really is. If I could help, I'd be out in the desert looking for coyote dens. I'd be talking to neighbors with boats (there are a bunch of them) and sheds, anywhere with small, curious spaces boys could crawl into. I wouldn't be chanting outside their home or sending a drone over their backyard to look for chalk. *shrug*

When very young children go missing and law enforcement are treating it like a case where a child has wandered, they pull out all the stops. Gather in as many volunteers as they can, publicize it far and wide, send out search teams, try and cover as much ground as they can as quickly as they can. They know they have to find that kid(s) as quickly as possible before misadventure, dehydration, etc get the child first.

Doesn't look like they've done that here. The most intensive search has been in the adoptive family's own backyard.

Just an observation, really.

There were several comments made that it was cold there.
I stand exactly the same way when my hands are cold, so it looks pretty normal to me.

jmo

It's 5 pm, for most of the week it was in the low 50's in California City (54 on the 23rd, which is when I think the picture was taken). Temps would be dropping pretty rapidly, though - to an overnight low in the low 40's at around 6 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer