Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... the boys were one and two when placed with the Wests for foster care in 2018 and then adopted in 2019. Being 3 and 4 now they likely only remember the West’s as their parents and not their bio family. I want tp reserve any judgement on either adoptive or bio family until we know more ... and also stay within WS TOS. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like she was offered reunification services, but her parental rights were still terminated in the end. No offense intended, but there is likely much more to the story than she is stating. Terminating parental rights does not happen in a vacuum, if a family member is deemed suitable of caring for the kids placement will usually go to them first, MOO. She had legal counsel and could have appealed the termination of parental rights, which freezes any potential adoption action until the appeal process is completed.

Short video here - AV News Crew Page

The utter horror will be if something happened to the boys in that home. They should have been safe and loved :(

i agree we don't know it all but i do think she didn't know the process. it doesn't work that easily and there are ways that parents that aren't educated on the process could miss things and not know all of their rights.

Looking at google satellite, I’m not seeing where a supply for firewood would be coming from.
Didn’t adopted dad say there was firewood all around there?
Also in google satellite there is a long driveway in the backyard that appears to me only accessible via the vacant lot next to the house. IMO

No news so far.
"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," said West.

West said, he then called the police within minutes.
Bio mother RD says she worked hard to get her life on track and wanted to get custody of her boys back eventually. But now, she thinks that will never happen and is blaming the adoptive parents.
Cal City Police and various agencies were back out on the scene Wednesday, their focus was on the backyard area where the parents say the children were last seen.

Now according to several witnesses, the adoptive parents were seen leaving with authorities again, they said they did not have handcuffs on.
New details in the disappearance of toddlers Orson and Orrin West

No news so far.
"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," said West.

West said, he then called the police within minutes.
[Bio mother Ryan Dean] Dean says she worked hard to get her life on track and wanted to get custody of her boys back eventually. But now, she thinks that will never happen and is blaming the adoptive parents.
Cal City Police and various agencies were back out on the scene Wednesday, their focus was on the backyard area where the parents say the children were last seen.

Now according to several witnesses, the adoptive parents were seen leaving with authorities again, they said they did not have handcuffs on.
New details in the disappearance of toddlers Orson and Orrin West
Thanks for posting. This isn’t looking good. I pray these two babies are just hiding somewhere and they will be found soon. :(

I caught the adoptive dad's comment about changing the boy's names. IMO, that's sort of different- if they were adopted in 2019, they would have been two and three years old. Wouldn't it be confusing to rename children at that age?
I am not up to date. And I have strong concerns about the foster/adopted parents. That said, they may have taken custody years earlier. At an appropriate age for renaming. Adopting, getting custody usually takes years. YEARS. It’s so hard all around. JMO.

As you all are aware, California City Police Department along with assisting agencies are engaged in an active investigation regarding the two missing brothers Orson and Orrin West. The two have been missing since Monday night December 22 around 5:45 PM. Both approximately 3 feet tall and approximately 30-40 lbs. They were last seen wearing black sweatshirts and gray sweatpants. Both are believed to have left on foot from 10717 Aspen Ave.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/8434846/

<modsnip:quoted post removed>

Didn't hit me how close to home this feels as I have 2 toddlers. My boys are 2 and 3. They share the same birthday, 1 year apart. I cannot imagine 1 of them missing... I would never survive both of them missing.

Didn't hit me how close to home this feels as I have 2 toddlers. My boys are 2 and 3. They share the same birthday, 1 year apart. I cannot imagine 1 of them missing... I would never survive both of them missing.
O/T I wish we had a "love" button. That is very cool your have two babies who share a birthday. Adorable.

Noting:
  1. FBI involvement...they are interviewing the adoptive parents of the boys who went missing Monday evening.
  2. A search warrant has been served and evidence collected from the home of Trezol and Jacqueline West, who adopted Orrin and Orson 4/2019.
  3. The couple is cooperating and at this point no one has been ruled out.
  4. Some items need to be forensically examined.
  5. The parents went willingly with officers at 3:45 p.m. after a police cruiser entered their driveway.
  6. They were not handcuffed as they were taken in for questioning.
  7. Police served the warrant just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Officers left the house carrying several brown bags and a large duffel bag. The parents’ white van was towed.
  8. Volunteer searchers were out Monday night and again Tuesday morning.
  9. The adoptive father, who didn’t give his name, said he appreciated the efforts of the community but declined further comment until police provided him with an update.
Missing-West-Boys-1.jpg

ETA: Requesting missing date in thread title be updated to 21 Dec 2020.
Just getting my bearings in this case.

Pommy I'm confused. Your post has the names of the people who live in the home and adopted the boys. Then number 9 has unnamed adoptive Father comment?
Bio parents live in Bako, but boys were adopted by Cal City couple? Is there also a foster family in this mix?
The information in #2 was provided by CCPD Lt. Hightower. #9 sounds to me as though KGET tried to talk to the father directly however, he declined to provide his name or comment other than expressing his appreciation to the community. MOO

CalCity has a very high population of military, active and retired. There are many young Air Force families who chose to live in CalCity instead of on base (Edwards). Lots of people working at the Mojave Spaceport, too, stuff like that. Also an aging population of retired military and civilian base workers. There is also the prison and the Rio Tinto mine... but that's the general type of people you'll get out there. There are some deeeeeep small town politics, too. The town does, however, have kind of a reputation for missing people and murders. Just last week there was a huge swat operation to rescue an infant from a father who barricaded himself in a home.

I also forgot to mention the more recent addition of marijuana growing businesses. There are a bunch of those in town the last few years. So they are attracting a new type of crowd.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

AV News Crew is NOT an approved MSM site and nobody asked us if they are approved. They are generally not an approved source.

Having said that, we can't stuff all that toothpaste back in the tube, so here is the deal:

Members may ONLY link to and discuss what the bio mom said in her interview and what the foster/adoptive parents said in their interview. Members may NOT discuss the opinions of the reporter or link to anything other than the actual interview with the case players involved. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en